GDT: 10/25: Skyfall: Bruins @ Toronto 7pm ET CBC,NHLN,NESN, 98.5 FM

NORY

Jul 23, 2011
Oakville, Ont
Still think the 1st and 2nd lines need a shakeup. That Bergeron line just isn't clicking. A lot of one and done. Marchand is playing selfish. Bergeron looks like he's hurt. Smith is just kind of.... there. Still solid defensively. I'm sure they will pick it up though.

Great game overall. Can't ask for much more in terms of effort. Hamilton is the X factor right now. Chara who?

Krejci is playing great. Would like to see him with a permanent RW. I don't know if the up and down play of Griffith will cut it.

With smith i think it is just a matter of missing training camp.

pkunit

Jun 18, 2010
Calgary
Chara is still a top defensemen in the league. He's the foundation of our franchise, I'll bet he retires here and gets his number in the rafters.

How motivating is it to think if we have a winning record in early December, than Z is back. What a boost. Look out.

:shakehead

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
Still think the 1st and 2nd lines need a shakeup. That Bergeron line just isn't clicking. A lot of one and done. Marchand is playing selfish. Bergeron looks like he's hurt. Smith is just kind of.... there. Still solid defensively. I'm sure they will pick it up though.

Great game overall. Can't ask for much more in terms of effort. Hamilton is the X factor right now. Chara who?

Krejci is playing great. Would like to see him with a permanent RW. I don't know if the up and down play of Griffith will cut it.

It's interesting that in the 3rd(?) CJ seemed to be trying out a few options on the DK line. I think Loui was up there for a shift and Smith as well - unless those were just betwixt line changes.

A Healthy Kelly*

It's interesting that in the 3rd(?) CJ seemed to be trying out a few options on the DK line. I think Loui was up there for a shift and Smith as well - unless those were just betwixt line changes.

it's an extension of the idea that players are practically interchangeable in this system if they have vaguely similar skillsets.

Era of Sanity

Certified Poster
Nov 12, 2010
I can't believe how little intensity and work ethic the Leafs showed. That is a team that shouldn't take anything for granted, they seem to have culture problems which is likely when you make Phaneuf captain and your franchise player is Kessel.

Not sure if the Bruins were that good or the Leafs that bad but good job by the B's nonetheless. Dougie was outstanding.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK

In Z's absence, the forwards are going to be asked to play their best 2-way hockey.

In the 3rd period, even though it was a 4-0 score, Claude started to roll out his best 2-way players in order to help the D and Tuukka finish strong.

This is why you saw the 1st line have a different winger each shift.

Kelly and Loui are going to pick up extra minutes late in the game as well as be added to key d zone faceoffs.

TaroTsujimoto

Apr 20, 2014
Nice win. Seidenberg did a terrific job in Chara's absence and looks to be skating as well as ever. Great night for Hamilton as well.

Up front, I thought Kreji and Lucic played well (although Krech had a couple of bad d-zone shifts). Loui is still not playing "A" hockey by his standards, but he's getting there. Shooting is the biggest area in which he needs to improve.

Bergeron is skating in quicksand right now, much like he did early last season. Pretty sure he's hurt.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
I don't think Bergeron is hurt. His line is becoming opponents number one target and thus, they are being double teamed and it is up to Bergy, Marchy and Smitty to fight through it and find a way to break the coverage down to play their game.

Bergy looked better tonight and I'm confident he will break out in the next few games.

Both Marchy and Smitty will also need to do the same in order to provide the support that keeps that line going.

ChargersRookie

Jun 30, 2014
Chara is still a top defensemen in the league. He's the foundation of our franchise, I'll bet he retires here and gets his number in the rafters.

How motivating is it to think if we have a winning record in early December, than Z is back. What a boost. Look out.

Like when less is more, the Bruins are more a team than when Chara is there. If that could be proven, oh my. He makes a difference but the team waits for him to do so too.

TaroTsujimoto

Apr 20, 2014
Oh, and Krug is establishing himself as a reliable 20+ minute defender. Now averaging 20:06 for the season.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Pasta is gunning for that first line spot.

Looks like it-I'm pretty sure we will likely see him in Boston at some point this season. Not sure they want to burn his first year but if it looks like he's ready they will do it. I think that's one reason he opted for the AHL rather than the Swedish league. He and the FO see him making the big team sooner than later and the AHL means he can be available if they want him this season.

Flannelman

Quiet, Gnashgab.
Dec 3, 2006
Dougie had some noticeable nasty in his game last night, in addition to his all around great game.

Loved Krejci over Kessel.

Last edited:

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Seidenberg is looking much better, love how he is now the leader mentoring the kids on D. Last night was the best game the Bruins had this year and our mobile Dmen are responsible for this. Keep rolling with Hamilton Bart and Krug just like the Ranger series 2 years ago.

Oh yeah, Krejci is as elite! What a goal, could be a top 5 center in hockey now.

Boston Bruno

Mostly not serious input..
Nov 2, 2002
Calgary
Hamilton was inspired. That was really good to see. If he can string games like that together, we will be in such a better place.

Good stuff.

cat400

Jul 30, 2005
A very workman-like road victory. The revamped defence played quite well.

The Bruins remaining Special K (Krejci) showed why the brass chose him over the chubby K.

The game could in years to come be looked back upon as Dougie Hamilton's coming out party.

A great way to celebrate autumn in SW Ontario with the Leafs falling.

OutspokenMinority*

not to take anything away from Paille's effort on that Campbell goal, but Phaneuf's effort on that play was absolutely embarrassing. it would drive me crazy to have a guy like that not only on my team but to be the captain? yeeeikes.

still, a GREAT play by Paille and a good job by Campbell to head to open space out front.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
not to take anything away from Paille's effort on that Campbell goal, but Phaneuf's effort on that play was absolutely embarrassing. it would drive me crazy to have a guy like that not only on my team but to be the captain? yeeeikes.

still, a GREAT play by Paille and a good job by Campbell to head to open space out front.

You forgot how much more crazy it would make you if he were our captain with that cap hit going far into the future

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact: finally here!!!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
The Leafs biggest problem is having Phaneuf and Kessel as their leaders.

A clear example: Krejci's goal with Kessel gently tapping David a couple of times like saying "Hey David, please don't score" and then Phaneuf simply standing there looking at Krejci collecting his own rebound and stuffing it home, undisturbed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad