GDT: 10/25/13 "Tip Of The SeanBerg" - Sabres VS Panthers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
I know Marky is an easy target but both those goals weren't weak by any stretch.

If Vinny does want to blow this team up, I can't blame him. We can play a decent game of hockey every now & then, and perhaps deserve a better fate on some nights as well. But like he said at the press conference when he took over, wins are all that matters. And again as is the case tonight, I'd rather get dominated and win instead of peppering their goaltender all game and lose.

-ghoste

StrangeVision

Wear a mask.
Apr 1, 2007
Wrong. Be able to see the puck is all a goalie needs. Heck, most goalies will ask there dmen to stop "helping" so they can have a completely unhindered view of incoming shots.

Do you know what a redirected shot is? I'm seriously asking because I don't think you do. Human reflexes are only so fast. Goalies react as well as they can to shots, but when a puck is deflected right in front of you, there is just nothing you can do about it except hope that it hits you.

Erick*

Wrong. Being able to see the puck is all a goalie needs. Heck, most goalies will ask there dmen to stop "helping" so they can have a completely unhindered view of incoming shots.

Probably had something to do with the goals he allowed tonight. He didn't see them because Gudbranson was playing slap-and-tickle in front of the net.

SeasonTicket

Sep 5, 2006
He's been called a checking line player on this very thread. Do you disagree with that? I don't really understand your point.

Yes I agree with that. But I find it nuts that people on here critize Kopecky and Matthias when they do their job.
Who dod'nt do their job? Versteeg, flash, Barkov, Huby, etc....

Ruston*

Do you know what a redirected shot is? I'm seriously asking because I don't think you do. Human reflexes are only so fast. Goalies react as well as they can to shots, but when a puck is deflected right in front of you, there is just nothing you can do about it except hope that it hits you.

You know what, those goals were awesome. Markstrom is just a blameless victim of horrific defense. Keep hinging your hopes to him. I wish you and the rest of his fans plenty of luck.

Chino Oscar

Jul 22, 2002
West Palm Beach
No it hasnt been good, totally agree, just wanted to see u actually admit Markstrom hasnt been good as well

I never said he has been good. I objected to those ready to get rid of him because at 23 YEARS OLD he hasn't met their armchair GM expectations, when it is a fact most goalies don't reach their potential until their mid to late 20s. I have also objected to those placing blame for opposition goals squarely on him, without taking into account how bad our defense has been in front of him during his Panther tenure.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Yes I agree with that. But I find it nuts that people on here critize Kopecky and Matthias when they do their job.
Who dod'nt do their job? Versteeg, flash, Barkov, Huby, etc....

LOL, are you serious about people not criticizing Versteeg?

Flash and Barkov were good tonight. Huby did nothing wrong. He was out there giving a good effort.

Singling out Kopecky and Matthias might have to do with the fact that they have zero goals between the two of them and both were players who contributed last season. Kopecky was our worst forward tonight.

StrangeVision

Wear a mask.
Apr 1, 2007
You know what, those goals were awesome. Markstrom is just a blameless victim of horrific defense. Keep hinging your hopes to him. I wish you and the rest of his fans plenty of luck.

I already recognize that the first goal was bad. It's not my fault you don't understand what happened on the second.

SeasonTicket

Sep 5, 2006

Flash and Barkov were good tonight. Huby did nothing wrong. He was out there giving a good effort.

Singling out Kopecky and Matthias might have to do with the fact that they have zero goals between the two of them and both were players who contributed last season. Kopecky was our worst forward tonight.

That's not true. Their line did it's job. Played great defense and created chances. Barkov -2, Versteeg -3, Flash -3, etc....

Lampshade85

Oct 29, 2010
Florida
Since there's blame being thrown at everyone and their mothers, I'd like to take this moment to blame everyone that said that this was a winnable/easy win....Thanks a lot guys you jinxed us! :laugh:

Seriously, though so many things that just weren't going our way this game. I will say this though, we really need to get tougher. Some of our key forwards were getting pushed around in that third period and the cats did nothing minus Gudbranson who already had two fights up to that point in the game. I can't wait for the day that we get Racine, Petrovic, and the like consistently into the line up. We also desperately need to acquire a decent power forward like Lucic whether it be through the draft, free agency or trade. Quite tired of seeing this team lose out on the toughness aspect when we're more skilled than the opponent.

One more thing I really wish Dineen would do something about all of these blind drop passes. We have had so many unnecessary turnovers that cost us games because of these types of stupid plays. The Panthers aren't skilled enough to be playing this way and it's killing us when they try.

SeasonTicket

Sep 5, 2006

I blame Dineen for their lack of production. He has put them in a shutdown role. Which they have done well. Look at their plus minus.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
That's not true. Their line did it's job. Played great defense and created chances. Barkov -2, Versteeg -3, Flash -3, etc....

They all have an extra -1 because of an empty net goal. The first goal was weak. Markstrom should have stopped it. Barkov and Flash were responsible for an overwhelming % of our offensive chances tonight. Matthias and Kopecky don't help us win. They have done contributed nothing offensively in 11 games this season.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Excellent reply. Kudos to you. Keep blaming the refs. As if that's even slightly part of the reason this franchise always sucks.

Well it's quite obvious that I and most here forgot more about this team than you ever knew or could know ;)

Ruston*

I already recognize that the first goal was bad. It's not my fault you don't understand what happened on the second.

Ott's tip was a completely visible, no-surprise goal.

Fun fact: at some point in history, a goalie saw and saved an unscreened tipped shot.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
They all have an extra -1 because of an empty net goal. The first goal was weak. Markstrom should have stopped it. Barkov and Flash were responsible for an overwhelming % of our offensive chances tonight. Matthias and Kopecky don't help us win. They have done contributed nothing offensively in 11 games this season.

How did you expect Markstrom to see through the two guys in his face?

Panteras

“I’ll remember this hell of a journey”- Barkov
Sep 14, 2009
Panther’s favorite strip club
Ott's tip was a completely visible, no-surprise goal.

Fun fact: at some point in history, a goalie saw and saved an unscreened tipped shot.

at the end of the day, we did not lose this game because of Markstrom…but because we can't score a goal even if Enroth was trying to cover a soccer net

Ruston*

Obviously, but you can't really prepare for it. They all tip in differently.

You're right. Markstrom should have just moved out of the way. All hail the redirect, the most unstoppable shot in the universe!

SeasonTicket

Sep 5, 2006

Dude, that's not their job. Think about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad