GDT: 10/24/15 - 8:30PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Chicago

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Let me guess - Flip got outplayed on the game winner.

Him being a "shutdown" center is a ****ing flame.

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014
Trash 3 on 3 setup.

Do like Chicago instead, 3 on 3 = high intensity so you obviously need to start playing your best playing and then go down from there while they rest.

Cigar City

Apr 21, 2012
Tampa
The idea that Killorn and Fil are going to contain Kane and Toews is just laughable. He can't actually believe that

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
1st line was invisible but not bad.
2nd line was decent but still not themselves.
3rd sucks ass no matter who they're with.
4th is fantastic.

Carle blows. Sustr didn't goof up as much as he did in the SCF.

Flip and Killorn on 3 on 3? LMAO! How do you expect them to play 90 seconds of fast paced coverage on two world class players? That's a good one. They suck at even strength. Killorn and Filppula look terrible every game.

Poor Gudlevskis, what a game.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I'm waiting to hear how this loss is all Kristers fault. Because there are dumb people.

People would be dumb. He was outstanding tonight, and got us that point. Cooper with his ****ing line combos and awarding guys with more ice time who are sucking is what made us lose.

Coop does not even let the 1st line run it's course, he has to ****ing put Killorn and Flip up there and look horrible out there. I mean the one good scoring chance on an odd man rush, Flip ****s it up.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
*LOL* That was Toews first goal of the season, guess we're back to the same thing as last year when we let many players score their first goal on us.

The idea that Killorn and Fil are going to contain Kane and Toews is just laughable. He can't actually believe that

Yeah, if Coop wanted someone to do that he should have sent out Paquette who actually did a good job with that during the SCF, however he should have out out any other two forwards than those two, three on three is tough however we always seem to do better at those when we don't try and play so safe. He should have put out something like: Stamkos - Johnson and Drouin - Kucherov (to mix things up a bit)

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Brutal game for Flip. At least we secured a point.

Was fitting him and Killorn were on the ice for the GW goal against. Maybe costing us a point will be worth it if it teaches Coop a lesson about riding these guys 20 mins a game.

Klutch86

Dec 27, 2014
People would be dumb. He was outstanding tonight, and got us that point. Cooper with his ****ing line combos and awarding guys with more ice time who are sucking is what made us lose.

Coop does not even let the 1st line run it's course, he has to ****ing put Killorn and Flip up there and look horrible out there. I mean the one good scoring chance on an odd man rush, Flip ****s it up.

Good post. Can't break up the line every time they struggle for a period or 2. Weird how Drouin would get benched for all the ******** things Fil does.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Was fitting him and Killorn were on the ice for the GW goal against. Maybe costing us a point will be worth it if it teaches Coop a lesson about riding these guys 20 mins a game.

If Coop hasn't seen it in the other 8 games this season and last I don't think he will see it now, I just hope that we won't see 17-51-91 next game and that he gives 27-91-24 a real chance to develop like he did with TKO last season, they deserve at least a 20 game trial run and then if they wouldbe actually bad more than one game here and there he could try someting else but not until at least then.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Good post. Can't break up the line every time they struggle for a period or 2. Weird how Drouin would get benched for all the ******** things Fil does.

That's been my issue with Drouin's treatment, especially in the game he was actually benched. Flip gave up a goal against basically on his own, and gets promoted* to play with Stamkos as a result.

Hilarious stat of the night: Flip led ALL PLAYERS in ice time. All ****ing players - more than Hedman, Stralman, Stamkos, Kucherov, Johnson - you ****ing name it. How is Hedman only out there 20 ****ing minutes? I don't care if we dressed 7D - he needs to be out there 24+.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
If Coop hasn't seen it in the other 8 games this season and last I don't think he will see it now, I just hope that we won't see 17-51-91 next game and that he gives 27-91-24 a real chance to develop like he did with TKO last season, they deserve at least a 20 game trial run and then if they wouldbe actually bad more than one game here and there he could try someting else but not until at least then.

Our top line has looked very good in the first 9 games, but think it's been held back from it's full potential because of Coop's decisions.

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
12 points banked, 1 game in hand in the first 10 game segment. Get any points in the next game and they're still ahead of the pace to make the playoffs.

They haven't found their complete game yet and have 12 points.

TJ has caught a bad case of the JTs. He didn't score in his first 12 games last year either though. He's getting chances, but you know his wrist has to be 85% at best.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
That's been my issue with Drouin's treatment, especially in the game he was actually benched. Flip gave up a goal against basically on his own, and gets promoted* to play with Stamkos as a result.

Hilarious stat of the night: Flip led ALL PLAYERS in ice time. All ****ing players - more than Hedman, Stralman, Stamkos, Kucherov, Johnson - you ****ing name it. How is Hedman only out there 20 ****ing minutes? I don't care if we dressed 7D - he needs to be out there 24+.

This is a continuing trend with Coop and Hedman, or any top D. He should maybe not be quite so stubborn and learn from his betters in this one. Quennville being one of them. Keith was playing something ridiculous like 29 or 30 in the playoffs.

And as good as it'd be to have Hedman on for those extra 4-5 minutes per game, that's also 4-5 minutes Matt Carle doesn't play.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Our top line has looked very good in the first 9 games, but think it's been held back from it's full potential because of Coop's decisions.

I agree, I wonder if them being split up so much is a reason why they haven't reached their full potential yet, I mean it can't be easy to go in 100% because when you do you risk making mistakes which you have to make to learn to play together but if you risk getting benched or demoted everytime you go all in and it doesn't work then you will never get overall those first obsticals that is in the way and you have to learn from to be great. Especially since they haven't even played badly, just haven't scored much yet but they haven't played badly in our zone att least.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Big props to Gudlevskis. He made some big saves and kept us in it the whole way. We don't get a point without him. This game had an eerie S.C. Finals feeling to it, so good for Guds to come in here and deliver in a big game.

For the rest of the team, you knew with the back-to-back road games, crossing the border and getting in late, and facing the Blackhawks of all teams, this wasn't going to be pretty. Credit the guys for taking some punches and sweating it out to leave with a point. Guys fought hard. Very unfortunate it had to end the way it did.

JS91

May 14, 2014
Yeah Flip needs to go. Not only because he has been REALLY bad these past few games, but also because Coop is just obsessed with him and Killorn. They are out there to start pretty much every period and they are out there in every situation no matter how bad they look..

Gudlevskis looked really good. Expecting him to get more starts especially on back-to-backs if Vasy can't go yet.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Yeah Flip needs to go. Not only because he has been REALLY bad these past few games, but also because Coop is just obsessed with him and Killorn. They are out there to start pretty much every period and they are out there in every situation no matter how bad they look..

Gudlevskis looked really good. Expecting him to get more starts especially on back-to-backs if Vasy can't go yet.

Coop is an idiot sometimes, Filppula can be good if used properly, where the **** did Coop come up with the idea that Fil is a shutdown center? He works well against big bodied, slow skaters it's his line that needs to be sheltered not going up against top-pairings.

I heard Coop likes to start with Fil and Killorn in OT against opposing teams top players because he considers them a shutdown unit. I mean insteading of running any combination of Boyle, Paquette, Callahan or Condra he runs Filppula and Killorn........

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad