GDT: 10/24/15 - 8:30PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Chicago

PaulGG

May 15, 2011
Got a point which is more that I expected. Krister was awesome to watch.

3 v 3 is so random but easy to get burned. Towes couldn't be stopped by two guys yes Flip could have done better but Stammer did the same to Ladd the night before and made him look silly

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Major overreactions, Filppula does not "need to go".

Of course not, but he should not be getting 20 mins a night and leading everyone in ice time when pretty much most of the team is playing better than him.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Yep. I can't defend Cooper there unless he thinks Flip is way more fit than everyone else and the rest of the team was gassed. I don't think that's it.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Got back just in time to watch OT last night :( Glad that Kristers had a great game. Our current goalie pool makes me pretty happy.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Yep. I can't defend Cooper there unless he thinks Flip is way more fit than everyone else and the rest of the team was gassed. I don't think that's it.

Flip did only play 14 mins last game, so maybe Coop decided to use him the most since he did not play as much the night before? The only reason I can think of, sadly that guy was having a very bad night and yet Coop kept putting him out there.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Who are we going to replace him with that's better?

We don't need to replace him with someone better. We need to replace him with someone almost as good and 4 million dollars cheaper.

There's a difference.

Edit: We also have 4 natural centers in the bottom six right now. Three are on cheap deals, and one isn't. 5 million is too much to pay for a 3rd C.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
flip aint going this year and id bet hes here next year for full season

he made a mistake on one of the best players in hockey it happens

im disappointed for guds he deserved better but bottom line is simple we didnt convert again against this team?

now here is my but but but thing i do lol

but but but

ummmmm remember being swept by montreal? remember not being able to beat boston? remember being owned by pittsburgh ?

remember me last year how badly i wanted those three teams boston pitt and montreal saying we had to beat them we had to own them to win

i am saying this now i want chicago if we can get the rematch over all teams even though we failed the last time

to be the man you got to beat the man

chicago is the man and to me you only truly learn through attrition of losses

i want chicago even though i know if we can avoid them we have an easier road imho

i want them cause i want to be the man and i think this team feels the same and once they beat them everything will become possible even staking it out for a long time as the team

we will beat them maybe not this year or maybe we will but sooner or later we probably have to beat them and im always game for doing it now:)

was a great game two great teams again we get our chances that is puck luck sometime it must must turn in our favor yep it will i have faith very happy with the game

flipper made a cardinal sin not taking out the player at the blue line but that is what tape is for no one is perfect yet tape makes you strive for perfection meetings etc..

i like a big gaffe or error you can build off of this team has the intestinal fortitude to be the man they will get better from this :)

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Don't understand putting Killorn and Filppula (our two worst forwards of the night) out to start the OT. In shootouts, Cooper likes to play the hot hand, but in real hockey he likes to side with the guys who stunk it up all game?

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Don't understand putting Killorn and Filppula (our two worst forwards of the night) out to start the OT. In shootouts, Cooper likes to play the hot hand, but in real hockey he likes to side with the guys who stunk it up all game?

i thought was toi myself and killorn needs to play mad once he took that hooking penalty he woke up with like 3 shots finally

interesting maybe someone needs to kick him before every game

:)

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009

They are his "shutdown unit" :laugh:

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
Nobody was complaining when Flip and Killorn won us the Philadelphia game in overtime.

They earned the benefit of the doubt, some of you have very short memories.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Nobody was complaining when Flip and Killorn won us the Philadelphia game in overtime.

They earned the benefit of the doubt, some of you have very short memories.

They both played well that game. I could understand having them out there in OT.

Last night they both sucked. They should not be the first pair out there.

PaulGG

May 15, 2011

The only forward who stepped it up last night was Paquette. The others were all about the same, nonproductive. We didn't finish our chances last night and that was the story of our game.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Turning on a guy after one game? C'mon guys, this isn't Montreal.

:shakehead

I love the people on this board that pretend that every discussion in a GDT is new. Flip has been on the short list for the chopping block for some people for awhile, with our already ridiculous center depth (once again - four ****ing centers playing in the bottom 6 nightly), and his 5 million dollar contract that is movable - with his production being largely replaceable.

I get that everyone wants to keep the whole band together, but when letting the second best goal scorer in the game walk is a serious conversation, keeping the guy who won't go to the middle of the ice for any reason despite his large cap hit doesn't make a ton of sense.

Licentia

Jun 29, 2004
Returning to the building that we lost the Cup in just four months ago. Time to exorcise some demons, boys.

Tampa couldn't win the Stanley Cup rematch. :shakehead It's customary for the losing team to give payback in games like this. This is proof positive that Tampa Bay won't be back in the Stanley Cup final this coming year.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Maybe we should have put out Callahan with Callahan, flanked by Callahan

No, however if they wanted to focus more on shutting down Toews and Kane I think maybe it would have been a better idea to put out Cally and Paquette there who have some experience shutting them down from last year’s playoffs and who worked well together doing it, however I can’t say if it would have been the right choice, guess we won’t know.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
They both played well that game. I could understand having them out there in OT.

Last night they both sucked. They should not be the first pair out there.

Yeah but by that logic, Condra, Paquette/Names should've been out there for 3 on 3? No. It's not that way with 3 on 3. I don't think flip and killorn should've been out there but like HoseEmUp said, they won us the 1st one

I'd always start with Palat and Stamkos or Johnson and Kucherov. At least one offensive juggernaut with a defensive minded player.

I find the d selection to be more troublesome than the forwards. Stralman didn't have a good game in my eyes
Quit lazy at times. Not like Carle, but shades of it.

I was worried about this, have a great year and everyone takes the foot off the pedal until April. Last night was a solid effort but it was a flashback to 4 months ago, sit back, battle for the neutral zone and do our best to not score on Crawford. Still boggles my mind how he has 3 cups.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I'm slowly losing faith in Flip, enough so now that I wouldn't be opposed to trading him for the right piece. But I still don't have enough faith in Namestnikov in the post-season. He's playing really well at the moment, but we need to see how he handles a few physical games. It wasn't pretty in our first few games of the season.

Anyway.

Captain Positive says: We got a point out of Chicago, on our second night of back-to-backs, with our third string goalie playing, yet again, out of his mind at the NHL level.

I can't feel bad about that game. I hope we get to see Kristers a few more times. And I hope, when Vasy gets back, we take advantage of their waiver status and rotate them between Tampa Bay and Syracuse to make sure everyone's getting games.

chasespace

Jul 19, 2010
Gator Nation
kevin_kumbaya.gif

ThunderAlleyNomad

Aug 24, 2009
Tampa couldn't win the Stanley Cup rematch. :shakehead It's customary for the losing team to give payback in games like this. This is proof positive that Tampa Bay won't be back in the Stanley Cup final this coming year.

So an OT loss in the second game of a back to back against a rested team, without the starting goalie is proof the Lightning won't make it back to the Finals?

Holy **** boys! Time to pack it up and give in, lets just tank for Matthews. Not like they held Chicago scoreless through 3 periods or anything. Horrible horrible game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad