GDT: 10/23/2019 Game 10: Detroit Red Wings @ Ottawa Senators (7:30pm EST)

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
congrats , youve just received the first 'baby bonnet' award for being the cry baby of the game being that your post is totally whining based and in complete ignorance of the fact blash has nobody else to play in top 6 thats any better . mean while all 3 these guys have given their all to the organization over the years and imo should be rewarded some top 6 time outof respect plus the fact we aint gonna and dont want to do good this season anyway

View attachment 268195
lol, really? Because Helm and Abby have been with the organization longer they deserve top 6 minutes? I'm not going to resort to name calling, so I'll just say that I disagree.

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
No no, you don't get that choice. Prior to last night, there are FOUR talented players on the entire team. Don't cry about the suffering of Larkin and Mantha, they are miles ahead of everyone else on the roster. Helm was just a pawn. Use your skating and willingness to get your ass beat in the corners and in front of the net to get the puck to Larkin and Mantha. The same purpose that Bertuzzi serves.

Nielsen, Filppula, Hirose are all complete non-factors. Svechnikov gives us hope, but we need to grant him time. We can't afford to let Athanasiou to struggle right now. The team can't win with one line. And either we need Athanasiou to be a factor now, or we need to inflate his value and ship him out for something that will be. Neither of things can happen if his line is getting their heads caved in on a nightly basis.

You can try to dance your way around the problems and pretend it's the fault of whoever you want, but the core problem is the same, and it's not coaching decisions.
lots o good points , ecspecially that flip-neilsen-taco are non factors . no doubt !

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Nobody is telling you what opinion you can or can't have. When I say "you don't get that choice" it is referencing the choice of keeping the first line together and surrounding Athanasiou with top 6 or even top 9 talent. Because there is none. You need to realize that you can't have your cake and eat it too. "The kids" are few and far between on this team. The one's who do are occupy 4 of the 6 top 6 spots on the team. You want something other than 99 cent store knockoffs? Don't employ 4 real deal forwards and 10 99 cent store knockoffs.

This team is in a situation where you are forced to rob Peter to pay Paul. Unfortunately, there is no work around.
I never said AA should be with top 6 talent or even top 9 talent. I said he should be with the little talent that we have (other than the BLM line). I realize its not great talent but its still better than say a Helm/Abby/Glendening IMO.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012

Bylsma sucked with a stacked roster. Blashill sucks with a historically weak roster.

Why are we firing Blash for Bylsma? You gain nothing by doing this. Give me a better option than Blash and sure, I'm on board with firing him. But if the best option is Dan ****ing Bylsma who only won a single Cup with a stacked ****ing roster and got drummed out of Buffalo for being abjectly horrible, yeah I'm not making that move.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Starting Svechnikov off with limited minutes may have more to do with seeing what his knee can tolerate, than Blashill being an ass.

Says who?
If you're playing, you play. You don't play a guy lesser minutes to see if his knee can tolerate things. If his knee is that questionable, he shouldn't be in the lineup.

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
lol, really? Because Helm and Abby have been with the organization longer they deserve top 6 minutes? I'm not going to resort to name calling, so I'll just say that I disagree.
you skipped the part about there being nobody better to play there so why not reward them . neilsen = zilch , flip = zilch , taco = whatever , erne = whatever , none of them guys bring anymore than the 3 vets . mean while glenny brings more scrappiness /determination/leadership than those other 3options combined . abs brings size n huslte . helm brings speed on the forecheck to try getting some pucks coughed up for larks to swoop in on . but your talking like blash has been holding somebody back ands doing wrong , but in reality he doesnt have anybody better to put up there

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Fortunately resumes in this business mean absolute jack ****, and reputations are king. Blashill has a stronger reputation than Bylsma, and that's why Disco Dan has been out of a head coaching job since early 2017 and working as an assistant behind Blashill.

No offense, but coaching resumes mean a lot more than what some fan on the internet says about who has a better reputation.

Bylsma - Stanley Cup. 320-190-55
Blashill - 1 playoff game victory. 139-151-47

Reputation my ass.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
you skipped the part about there being nobody better to play there so why not reward them . neilsen = zilch , flip = zilch , taco = whatever , erne = whatever , none of them guys bring anymore than the 3 vets . mean while glenny brings more scrappiness /determination/leadership than those other 3options combined . abs brings size n huslte . helm brings speed on the forecheck to try getting some pucks coughed up for larks to swoop in on . but your talking like blash has been holding somebody back ands doing wrong , but in reality he doesnt have anybody better to put up there
Like I said earlier, IMO Flip/Hirose/Svech are better fits to play in a top 6 role than with Helm/Glendening/Abby. Helm lasted a whole period with Larkin and Mantha until Blashill realized it was a bad decision. Abby hasn't brought size and hustle for quite some time now. He just isn't the same player anymore. As far as Helm goes, I will be the first one to always defend him for how he plays. He's just not a top 6 type of player. He has also lost a step. Not that it matters because his skillset is far better off in the bottom 6. You can disagree with me all you want, but none of your sarcastic comments/baby pictures is going to change my mind on how I feel.

Reactions: RedMenace

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
Like I said earlier, IMO Flip/Hirose/Svech are better fits to play in a top 6 role than with Helm/Glendening/Abby. Helm lasted a whole period with Larkin and Mantha until Blashill realized it was a bad decision. Abby hasn't brought size and hustle for quite some time now. He just isn't the same player anymore. As far as Helm goes, I will be the first one to always defend him for how he plays. He's just not a top 6 type of player. He has also lost a step. Not that it matters because his skillset is far better off in the bottom 6. You can disagree with me all you want, but none of your sarcastic comments/baby pictures is going to change my mind on how I feel.
how about this : blash played college hockey and has been a professional hockey coach around 10 years now (calder cup champ) and talks to steve yzerman - pat vrebeek - kris draper - doug houda - etc 24/7 while also talking to the players every day so just might have a better opinion on what the lines should be than you ? mean while professional odds makers in vegas pick wings 30th this season so maybe no matter what lines they most likely are going to lose more than win so instead of pointing fingers at somebody in the organization every game trying to blame them for losing when nothing can be done today lets concentrate on the good things that are going on instead of being critics all season .

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
No offense, but coaching resumes mean a lot more than what some fan on the internet says about who has a better reputation.

Bylsma - Stanley Cup. 320-190-55
Blashill - 1 playoff game victory. 139-151-47

Reputation my ass.

Can I make a recommendation of where you can shove those misleading stats? You know that’s a load of f***ing shit if that’s what you’re basing this off.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
how about this : blash played college hockey and has been a professional hockey coach around 10 years now (calder cup champ) and talks to steve yzerman - pat vrebeek - kris draper - doug houda - etc 24/7 while also talking to the players every day so just might have a better opinion on what the lines should be than you ? mean while professional odds makers in vegas pick wings 30th this season so maybe no matter what lines they most likely are going to lose more than win so instead of pointing fingers at somebody in the organization every game trying to blame them for losing when nothing can be done today lets concentrate on the good things that are going on instead of being critics all season .
I don't know why I have to keep repeating myself but since you don't seem to listen or just flat out choose to not accept what I'm say, I will say it in bold. I AM NOT BLAMING BLASHILL FOR THIS TEAMS LACK OF SUCCESS. I already explained why I don't like Blashill as a coach with my Babcock comparison. If this team were a contender, I FEEL he would be doing the same things he's doing now (which Babcock is doing now with Toronto and go ask Toronto fans how they feel about it) using plugs where they shouldn't be used.

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
I don't know why I have to keep repeating myself but since you don't seem to listen or just flat out choose to not accept what I'm say, I will say it in bold. I AM NOT BLAMING BLASHILL FOR THIS TEAMS LACK OF SUCCESS. I already explained why I don't like Blashill as a coach with my Babcock comparison. If this team were a contender, I FEEL he would be doing the same things he's doing now (which Babcock is doing now with Toronto and go ask Toronto fans how they feel about it) using plugs where they shouldn't be used.

You think the plugs where they don't belong could be directed by management? Look at the roster of ineptitude that has been assembled.

It's pretty clear what this team and organization intends on doing. Also pro hockey is a business. And it is in the organization'' best interest to get suboptimal lines for contract negotiations this offseason to avoid paying wingers premium prices.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
I didn't see it posted, so here's the lineup:

upload_2019-10-23_18-25-36.png

Reactions: Go Wings

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
You think the plugs where they don't belong could be directed by management? Look at the roster of ineptitude that has been assembled.

It's pretty clear what this team and organization intends on doing. Also pro hockey is a business. And it is in the organization'' best interest to get suboptimal lines for contract negotiations this offseason to avoid paying wingers premium prices.
Of course it can be directed by management but its the coaches job to use his players the best way possible and I don't think Blashill is doing that. If you are suggesting that management is telling Blashill how to set his lines in order to make re-signing players cheaper, then all I can say to that is I disagree with you. Look at today's lines for instance. Glendening is primarily known as being a 4th liner. Talk about him all you want, at the end of the day hes a 4th liner which most of us can agree on. Svhechnikov on the other hand was drafted to be a skilled winger. Not someone who gets put on the 4th line with Abdelkader. This isn't the only instance we have seen something like this so blaming Svech barley getting back from injury is not a valid excuse imo.

GreatGordie9

May 11, 2019
Victoria, BC
Let me guess. Score... more goals... and... allow fewer goals?

Seems legit.
I would send down Hirose and bring up Rasmussen especially on the power play. Hirose doesn't shoot enough. Rasmussen would be better for net presence with the big body. Zadina is not ready. I believe either Green or Daley or both need to moved long before the deadline. AA has to start waking up but his line mates are more third line than second line. So who do you put on the line with him? Give Seider about 40 games and bring him up if not sooner. If we can depart with either Daley or Green soon bring up Hicketts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad