GDT: 10/23/2019 Game 10: Detroit Red Wings @ Ottawa Senators (7:30pm EST)

Kronwalled55

Detroit vs. Everybody
Jan 7, 2011
Atlanta, GA
10.23.png

GreatGordie9

May 11, 2019
Victoria, BC
The Wings best game in the 5 losses was Edmonton and looked like they had Vancouver until they did what they did last year blow leads in the 3rd period. Vancouver scored 5 power play goals in the two games(50%). What is the Wings next move to right the ship? 22 goals against in the five losses and scored 7 goals will tell you where you start.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
I will unfortunately be at this game. I'm just hoping for an entertaining game, and for the Wings to score some goals. I'm asking for a lot here, I know...

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
The Wings best game in the 5 losses was Edmonton and looked like they had Vancouver until they did what they did last year blow leads in the 3rd period. Vancouver scored 5 power play goals in the two games(50%). What is the Wings next move to right the ship? 22 goals against in the five losses and scored 7 goals will tell you where you start.
Let me guess. Score... more goals... and... allow fewer goals?

Seems legit.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Can't be any worse.

All Bylsma has done in his career is take over a stacked team almost 3/4 of the way through a season and won a cup. He then had that same stacked team with the best player on the planet and incredible support players for the next 5 years and never made it back to the Stanley Cup Finals. His only other coaching gig ended abruptly after 2 years because he was proven to be an inept head coach.

You might not think that it can get worse (which it can) but the one thing that Bylsma presents is the opportunity to fire someone and get literally f***ing nothing out of it because he isn't a good coach.

Reactions: Gniwder

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
All Bylsma has done in his career is take over a stacked team almost 3/4 of the way through a season and won a cup. He then had that same stacked team with the best player on the planet and incredible support players for the next 5 years and never made it back to the Stanley Cup Finals. His only other coaching gig ended abruptly after 2 years because he was proven to be an inept head coach.

You might not think that it can get worse (which it can) but the one thing that Bylsma presents is the opportunity to fire someone and get literally ****ing nothing out of it because he isn't a good coach.
I'll take it!!! Tired of Blashill. I get the roster is ass, but Blashill's decisions seem asinine at times.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
I'll take it!!! Tired of Blashill. I get the roster is ass, but Blashill's decisions seem asinine at times.

Based on what I have seen based on development of players and when the system is actually used, I would take Blashill over Bylsma 365 days of the year. We will part ways here on this one

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Based on what I have seen based on development of players and when the system is actually used, I would take Blashill over Bylsma 365 days of the year. We will part ways here on this one
I honestly don't care about Bylsma. I just want Blashill gone. That or start using the roster more effectively.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
I honestly don't care about Bylsma. I just want Blashill gone. That or start using the roster more effectively.

Yeah, I gathered that much. I find that to be an unreasonable decision to make, so I am trying to avoiding talking about it in too much depth. You don't make a move like that without a better move in mind. Firing Blashill doesn't make the team better this year because there are no coaches internally or externally available that are an upgrade on Blashill at this stage. If you want to tell me that it's time to move on at the end of the season, I could have that debate, but right now to fire him for the sake of firing him is shortsighted and just doesn't make any sense.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Yeah, I gathered that much. I find that to be an unreasonable decision to make, so I am trying to avoiding talking about it in too much depth. You don't make a move like that without a better move in mind. Firing Blashill doesn't make the team better this year because there are no coaches internally or externally available that are an upgrade on Blashill at this stage. If you want to tell me that it's time to move on at the end of the season, I could have that debate, but right now to fire him for the sake of firing him is shortsighted and just doesn't make any sense.
Make Ben Simon the coach we all wanted Blashill to be.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad