GDT: 10/22/2019 Game 9: Vancouver Canucks @ Detroit Red Wings (7:30pm EST)

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
Pettersson and Boeser have not been playing well this year at all. I have no idea how they're PPG players.
Horvat too hasn't been good up until his last game. He looks to have turned it around.
Detroit would be smart to put their best D on against the Horvat-Pearson line, instead of Pettersson-Boeser-J.T Miller
he got pp points but i was right about Horvat, freakin guy is confident now

RedMenace

Jul 24, 2006
www.ShattenkirksKrakenshirt.net
Look, I get it, Howard isn’t, nor has he been, the problem. He’s a perfectly serviceable goalie, and has been for years. He’s been a solid workhorse, and I won’t ignore or deny that.

But he is so unemotional, so non-plussed, so lackadaisical... and he always had been. His age has caught up with him, and he can’t keep up anymore. If it looked like he didn’t care before, it looks like he REALLY doesn’t care now.

I know it’s sore spot for some (including myself), but look at MAF. Howard could have been as good if he gave — or at least gave the appearance of giving — nearly as much of a shit as MAF does. Or Lundquist. Or Price. Or Mrazak.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
So, what happens when a team full of over the hill vets, and a smattering but good, but not great, kids, plays a real NHL team?

Well, you got your answer tonight.

Reactions: Leadzedder

RedMenace

Jul 24, 2006
www.ShattenkirksKrakenshirt.net
Judging by the reactions here, people still haven’t made that adjustment. I came into last year hoping for wins, even during the heart of the tank; now I don’t really look for any specific result.

It’s just incredible how much these GDTs ramp up in activity when things head south.

As much as I hate conflict, the hot takes (including my own) are worth the clicks.

Reactions: DATSOMATIC13
Apr 14, 2009
Canada
For the first time in years, I truly believe Blash is on the hot seat. With Yzerman now in charge, there is no more loyalty factor. By waiving Ericsson, it shows Yzerman doesn't care about loyalty.

If they don't win a couple games soon, I think Bash may finally get canned.

That was such an ugly game any way you look at it. It sucks how I have now grown accustom to losing. I'm just ok with it these days. We are terrible..

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
Do you think Blash has been trolling us all along... That he puts these over paid vets in top 6 minutes, on PPs and PKs so management sees how horrible they are? Maybe he's playing them, hoping they got bought out? That's what I am going to decide to believe from now on.. Will make his decisions seem logical. He wants to play them off the team so he can only have kids and talented vets.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
I’m just hoping some usage sees changes next game. Svechnikov may have only logged <7 minutes, but I noticed him every time he was on the ice. Give me some players who do things that create positives on the ice.

Blashill always talks about looking for pluses and minuses in every area of the game. With everything a player does. It’s time to start to demonstrate that for the viewers. Because there is nothing that Hirose does that warrants the ice time right now. And to be honest, even AA doesn’t deserve the time right now.

Reactions: avssuc

NotLeddy

Trust the Yzerscam
Oct 23, 2018
Look, I get it, Howard isn’t, nor has he been, the problem. He’s a perfectly serviceable goalie, and has been for years. He’s been a solid workhorse, and I won’t ignore or deny that.

But he is so unemotional, so non-plussed, so lackadaisical... and he always had been. His age has caught up with him, and he can’t keep up anymore. If it looked like he didn’t care before, it looks like he REALLY doesn’t care now.

I know it’s sore spot for some (including myself), but look at MAF. Howard could have been as good if he gave — or at least gave the appearance of giving — nearly as much of a **** as MAF does. Or Lundquist. Or Price. Or Mrazak.

He was our best player in the first two periods

Oct 18, 2006
This team won’t be worth a thing until horrible players/contracts are off the books like Daley, Nielsen, Abddelkader, Helm. Awful roster.

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
Judging by the reactions here, people still haven’t made that adjustment. I came into last year hoping for wins, even during the heart of the tank; now I don’t really look for any specific result.

It’s just incredible how much these GDTs ramp up in activity when things head south.
lots of ungracious cry babys here that love whining and critiquing every goddamn play . even when going into season everybody on earth knew redwings were gonna have a bad season the cry babys still had to get the pouting festival going . makes the gdt's boring and worthless hearing dumb people complain all night

Reactions: TCNorthstars

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
And Chicago’s completely undeserved third overall pick scored his first tonight. Boy we are fighting an uphill battle
Allow me to vent:
Why the f*ck can't we get a top 3 pick? Why do we have to settle for net front presences at 9th overall, then a sniper who is struggling to score goals and a Brandon Carlo clone at 6 (no disrespect to these guys, but they will not be elite players). Why is our roster so stagnant compared to other teams? At least shuffle the bottom 6 guys so we have players that are hungry, but no, Holland had to lock up Abdelkader and Helm and Nielsen to rot in the twilight years of their careers and be complacent about it. At give us something to be excited about. Bertuzzi, Larkin, Mantha, and Athanasiou likely are what they are at this point, Hronek and Cholowski still have lots of room to grow, but their defensemen so by the nature of the position it's going to be slow. Just give us a Dach, or even a Kotkaniemi, Jesus just something exciting to stem the tide until we're good.

Reactions: mantha39 and avssuc

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
For the first time in years, I truly believe Blash is on the hot seat. With Yzerman now in charge, there is no more loyalty factor. By waiving Ericsson, it shows Yzerman doesn't care about loyalty.

If they don't win a couple games soon, I think Bash may finally get canned.

That was such an ugly game any way you look at it. It sucks how I have now grown accustom to losing. I'm just ok with it these days. We are terrible..
Agreed.

No doubt this team has a below average roster, but pooping the bed like they did in the 3rd...Well - Yzerman may very well do sumthin'bout that.

BIGZ40

Jul 2, 2006
Georgia
Abby had more time on special teams than that alone.
I thought Svech played with energy which most this team is lacking. We seem to play with no structure or plan (ES, PP, & PK) which is frustrating, but we are playing with too many bottom 6 forwards and 6-7th dmen. I'm trusting the yzerplan though.

Reactions: saska sault

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
Abby had more time on special teams than that alone.

Which is one of my big deals in that the wings need to cut out the low iq plugs that take penalties by the baker's dozen.

This isn't directed towards you. But this is one of the wings biggest weaknesses that can be fixed now while they are still terrible.

Reactions: saska sault

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
This team has one 5 man unit (Bert-Larkin-Mantha/DD-Hronek) that have any talent. The rest of the team is trash. At some point it might be time to give up on some players.

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
Lose yields for Byfield
Play like Derriere for Lafreniere
Bad aimin for Raymond
Play like dolts for Holtz
Slack off for Askarov
60 minutes of h*ll for Lundell
Play sh*tty for Perfetti
Drown in ale for Drysdale

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
Which is one of my big deals in that the wings need to cut out the low iq plugs that take penalties by the baker's dozen.

This isn't directed towards you. But this is one of the wings biggest weaknesses that can be fixed now while they are still terrible.

I agree. Stuck between a rock and a hard place. Contracts are a burden, don't want to expose young players too early and kill development and confidence... May be another year of what you see if what you get with the vets unfortunately.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad