GDT: 10/22/2019 Game 9: Vancouver Canucks @ Detroit Red Wings (7:30pm EST)

Hugh Mongusbig

Mar 7, 2012
I think Blash's time is up. I was watching the game, and noticed him talking to abby on the bench. Abby had the look on his face, like, whatever dude. All the body language from abby showed me none of these guys can stand playing for this clown anymore. Go make your stupid faces on the bench somewhere else.

I also noticed Abby's reaction on the bench during the game, but pretty sure it was in response to something Disco Dan was saying to him, not Blash..... but I could be wrong on that too.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
I honestly think we are the ONLY team in the entire league, maybe with the exception of Ottawa, without a single elite player on the roster.

Between Chabot and Tkachuk, I think they are in a decent spot. They probably aren't elite yet, but they have the capacity to be. On our roster the best bet we have is what? Larkin discovering another 20-30 points of offensive output? Mantha figuring it out in short order?

avssuc

Hockey is for everyone!
May 1, 2016
Gulf Coast
He has improved drastically in the last two years, even last year he was underrated. He's no #1 but I can really see him still around in the top 4 when we start competing. Hronek, #2, Cholowski and Dekeyser has potential to be really solid as a top 4... Not saying it will happen, but the potential is there with the mix of skill and youthfulness.

I know DK is 29 but in 3 or 4 years when we should be decent, that's not too old to be a solid contributor.

I'm one of them. I just get frustrated that, at seemingly critical times, he's unable to use his best asset (reach), and that he hasn't gotten stronger since college. Draper needs to get that dude in his gym and on his diet.

Players serious about winning train like monsters. He seems more like a Fortnight type of offseason/downtime kind of guy. I bet he runs with Patrik Laine.

Last edited:

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Svechnikov 7:28 TOI... LOL
I know virtually nothing about Svech so it was good to get a look at him. And I definitely noticed him in a positive way. Good speed and size, he was a puckhound.

Not sure why he only gets to jump over the boards onto the ice 12 times the whole game. Yes he got a penalty but he took a player with him and was sticking up for himself.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Between Chabot and Tkachuk, I think they are in a decent spot. They probably aren't elite yet, but they have the capacity to be. On our roster the best bet we have is what? Larkin discovering another 20-30 points of offensive output? Mantha figuring it out in short order?

I think we're further ahead than Chabot and Tkachuk. Ottawa is f***ed. At least they own their draft pick last year.
If they don't clean it up soon, I wonder if relocation starts to become a real possibility.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
I think we're further ahead than Chabot and Tkachuk. Ottawa is ****ed. At least they own their draft pick last year.
If they don't clean it up soon, I wonder if relocation starts to become a real possibility.

Speaking purely from the perspective of teams with "elite" players. I would never suggest we were in a worse position that Ottawa overall, but they have found their 23 year old franchise defenseman. They have a 19/20 year old power forward who looks like a really good player with a skill set that should blow up with time. The Wings have greater depth of young quality players, but we will always be in a bind unless we can crack into the top flight talent that most teams have. Either by developmental luck or by lottery luck.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
This is gonna be a miserable season. Even more miserable when you watch a guy like Hughes skate all over you
Agreed.

I don't follow prospects so this isn't about me saying "I knew we should've taken Hughes over Zadina!" but it does make it extra painful when a team with no defense is getting skated circles around by a young defenseman they could've drafted a couple years ago.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad