GDT: 10/22/2019 Game 9: Vancouver Canucks @ Detroit Red Wings (7:30pm EST)

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Why us Svech on the 4th line?? When is Yzerman gonna fire this goon.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
So half of the board *****es about the Blash line blender and the other half *****es about the published line up? Is that how this works?

Yes in my experience that is how it works... Some will also use this to criticize other people past/present/future without much regard for how the process actually takes place.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Why not put Svech on 3? Why break up the 4th line which had been good...

He already broke up the fourth line to help jump start Athanasiou, not that it happened. But actually the shake up of our first and fourth lines started with that in mind, which was being demanded by most of the board. We don't have depth to really make any of this work, even if Blash legitimately just looked at our board and played our line combinations the lack of talent would still be a pretty massive problem.

Tasteslikekevinbacon

Oct 26, 2013
Ontario, canada
He already broke up the fourth line to help jump start Athanasiou, not that it happened. But actually the shake up of our first and fourth lines started with that in mind, which was being demanded by most of the board. We don't have depth to really make any of this work, even if Blash legitimately just looked at our board and played our line combinations the lack of talent would still be a pretty massive problem.
I suppose in theory our fourth line has been generating chances and maybe with Svech there they’ll be able to finish them?

Man I hope AA can sneak one in tonight

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I suppose in theory our fourth line has been generating chances and maybe with Svech there they’ll be able to finish them?

Man I hope AA can sneak one in tonight

Keeps him in a pretty low stakes environment. He can control the change, they play a simple grinding game in terms of the other two that funnels towards the net. A lot of the role we will want him to play up the lineup. So I can see why you get his feet wet there. I know it will upset some, but I think they are handling Svech with his best interests and the teams long-term best interest in mind.

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
Lol, 4th line... Idk. I just can't wait till he's fired. Honestly. I know the team isn't good. I know that, but breaking up the 4th line to put a developing offensive player on the 4th line is just funny. It really is.

Hopefully it's a 1 night thing cause he just got called up but still...

Does Blashill get fired before the TDL? Or does he make it the whole season?

Doesn't matter lines are "fluid" anyways. Why try and create chemistry/continuity.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad