GDT: 10-21-18 Chicago Smurfs vs Tampa Bay Snorks

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Well after every game lost the coaches always tell you to take from the positives ...you mean there actually were some positives?

1.We won the face off wars..! This is surprising because they always say you need to do this to win possession ...clearly thus seems miraculous since we were rarely outbox ow own zone and not I'm any kind of possession all night.

2. Jan Rutta had 2asdists and was a +1 to lead all our dmenew in both categores!

3.Brandon Saad had his best game showing some dangerous scoring "almosts"...hit iron twice...a quarter-inch away from 2 goals. ..Might have been different game had those gome in.

4.Ward made 47 saves. Cannot expect much better under a seige all night.

5. 6-3 loss seems cosmetically more acceptable than a 5-1 shellacking.

6. WE matched them.in scoring in 2 of the 3 periods...so IF Hawks could just match over all 3 with no big letdown then it would be a different story. ..but when undercarriage Q team does that happen?Never...incapable of a 3 period compete ...some nights we only flip the switch to score in a 10 outbox 60 minutes flip the switch type game. .So we must expect fiasco like that 2nd period of total incompetent play to happen. .But looking for positives we can say do not let 1 period like that second happen again and it could be a different story.
The old just 1 bad period doomed us refrain.

7. WE MATCHED THEM ON THE PP! 1 PP goal each.

8 . WE held Stamkos to no points.

I thnk that is all the positives I can find.

The negatives:

1. Seabrook -3 Gus -2 ...exposed..
2.Keith -1 Jokiharju -1

So top 4 D combined -7

3. Saad still has no luck ..the post and cross-bar.

4. D-zone team defending awful again.. Poor clears ...sloppy turnovers...poor gaps ...poor coverages...do not win races to lose pucks...lose puck battles ..crease area defending problems ..etc...etc...etc..

5. $27 million 3 guy combo produces 1 point (Kane assist) ...that's all folks...

6. Our #1 line blanked..
I
7.Kruger took too many penalties .

The upshot of all thisvis:Q is swill in the Merlot tonight to drown his sorrows as he ponders how in the world he can turn around this incompetent mess he has to work with...unfortunately he is not Jesus and cannot provide a miracle to turn the incompetents into total 3 period competent warriors.

So it will be back to CC miracles and flip the switch hopes that the stars come out ....but realistically expect a lot of nights like this over the course of this season...

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
It’s not just Q, but he needs to go for sure. Take Dineen and Ulf out as well, they’re garbage too.

Out Bowman on the shortest of leashes, save only because he’s drafted well lately.

What does Bowman want this year? Save the season, or tank, cause this defensive play won’t win the Hawks much more. Time for a tough decision. Forsling and Murphy won’t help, it’s a system no defenseman can succeed in.

He needs to decide quick, unless he’s grown tired of being GM.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Bowman was asked by Laz about putting the cap space to use and said 'there are already things percolating'...

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
It’s not just Q, but he needs to go for sure. Take Dineen and Ulf out as well, they’re garbage too.

Out Bowman on the shortest of leashes, save only because he’s drafted well lately.

What does Bowman want this year? Save the season, or tank, cause this defensive play won’t win the Hawks much more. Time for a tough decision. Forsling and Murphy won’t help, it’s a system no defenseman can succeed in.

He needs to decide quick, unless he’s grown tired of being GM.

Lose and draft Hughes or Kakko. Bring in Mitchell and Boqvist next year. Sign Breadman.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Lose and draft Hughes or Kakko. Bring in Mitchell and Boqvist next year. Sign Breadman.
Breadman is gonna be expensive. Who are we gonna jettison to make room? Saad I guess? Schmaltz shouldn’t ask for more than 4 million, though I worry about Bowman....

Seabrook we are stuck with now. Do you dare trade Keith? Is he moveable? Anisimov can be moved maybe but he’s kinda useful for Kane. Thinking about this makes my head hurt.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Q's comment that he found the 2nd period where we hardly touched the puck at all "disturbing" is hilarious! ONLY "disturbing? ".. should he not have cone out and ripped his players instead for their sh*tty play and incompetence not worthy of an NHL calibre team for that fiasco of a period? Should he not have been burning angry and telling us he will be doing something to fix it ..you know liheca bag-skate and benchings? Instead of the rather "mild" assessment of "dsturbing"? This is like a comment of "Don't Worry...Be Happy "and "let's enjoy some Merlot and forget thus stinker " that could be tossed out to assuage the anger of the Fandom.

Reactions: Marotte Marauder

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Q's comment that he found the 2nd period where we hardly touched the puck at all "disturbing" is hilarious! ONLY "disturbing? ".. should he not have cone out and ripped his players instead for their sh*tty play and incompetence not worthy of an NHL calibre team for that fiasco of a period? Should he not have been burning angry and telling us he will be doing something to fix it ..you know liheca bag-skate and benchings? Instead of the rather "mild" assessment of "dsturbing"? This is like a comment of "Don't Worry...Be Happy "and "let's enjoy some Merlot and forget thus stinker " that could be tossed out to assuage the anger of the Fandom.

I'm sure Q thought for sure the PP would be good with Kunitz on it. Wow.

Reactions: jls24

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
not opposed to that but honestly it may be best to just clean house, coliton is the next coach anyway and IMO he could step in now.
Does Coliton have a good defensive system? I’m so sick of the passive crap and the in front of the net passes this system seems to love.

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
With a healthy Crawford, Kane and Cat this team is too good to really bottom out and get a top pick

It tough spot

Game suspension

Feb 11, 2018
Breadman is gonna be expensive. Who are we gonna jettison to make room? Saad I guess? Schmaltz shouldn’t ask for more than 4 million, though I worry about Bowman....

Seabrook we are stuck with now. Do you dare trade Keith? Is he moveable? Anisimov can be moved maybe but he’s kinda useful for Kane. Thinking about this makes my head hurt.

Breadman ain't coming back to an organization that f***ed him so lets move on from that. And Saad will have to get traded to Arizona obviously. It has been a hawks dumping ground for many years. Good ol Coyotes and their idiot GM.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Why are Martinsen and Kunits playing? I am just so puzzled, people complaint about Q but who gets these players in the first place? 95% of the people here were so up in arms by the Kunitz signing but Stan thought it was good. Why does he keep bringing guys that Q is gonna abuse?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad