GDT: 10/18/2019 Game 8: Detroit Red Wings @ Edmonton Oilers (9pm EST)

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
I hope in 2-3 years we jettison out the dirt dumb hockey iq players because I am sick of having dumber than a box of rocks folks taking penalties like a wildfire burns up tree's.

Reactions: decaguard

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Judging by their play in general, I think its more passive than in the game plan.

I feel like they are just lost at this point. The bad players look bad, the old players look old, and the few good players we have just look defeated because there’s no break from being swallowed by top lines consisting of more talent.

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
I hope in 2-3 years we jettison out the dirt dumb hockey iq players because I am sick of having dumber than a box of rocks folks taking penalties like a wildfire burns up tree's.
You're saying de la Rose is a dumb hockey player?

vladdy16

Aug 2, 2005
Hard to imagine how scratching Cholowski improves our odds of winning in the immediate, near or distant future.

His gap problem in the d-zone isn't this intricate and complex thing he needs to step away from to work on.

And the amount of times his partner has been the true culprit for us getting worked over is numerous.

If his legs are shot on a back to back,pull him from the PP and play him in actual 3rd pairing situations. Like I say, struggling to see the logic.

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
You're saying de la Rose is a dumb hockey player?

The play that led to the pp where he was gaped up (might have been a d man) where there was no space and than took a penalty for no reason.

Whoever it was, was not getting skated around, in addition to line of sight blocking the puck carrier's vision to the goalie and net. That was dumb plain and simple.

In addition for the last 5-6 years the wings are continually in the top 5 teams for penalties taken. That crap has to stop.

WingedWheel1987

Jan 11, 2011
GPP Michigan
I like how the Wings aren't giving the Oilers any time to establish the puck, when they are trying to cycle back to the blue line. Feels like forever since the last time i could say that.

Reactions: Ulysses31

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
Hronek on the point the first unit is a terrible setup. Can't feed mantha at all. Get a left hand d there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad