GDT: 10/17/13 - 7:30PM EDT - Minnesota VS Tampa Bay

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Last year: Vinny does not make the pass that Filppula makes to Johnson. Vinny holds onto it, skates around a bit, then passes it off to someone at the blue line. Team may never get a good look.

This year: Filppula passes the puck to Johnson. Johnson rips it home.

Lesson learned: Shoot the damn puck.

D-man passes it back and Vinny scores. Why are you ragging about Vinny? Especially on the PP? He's about as versatile as they come on the powerplay, he has a deadly one timer, great passing skills AND he plays in front of the net.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Flip's great, and I DO think he's an upgrade over Vinny as far as how he fits with this team, but Vinny was money on the PP, and I still miss him.

Ricebox

Feb 7, 2013
Norway - Florida
Man, this game was great.

I still think we played dangerously in the neutral zone, Min had much better puck possession at least in the first 2 periods

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Flip's great, and I DO think he's an upgrade over Vinny as far as how he fits with this team, but Vinny was money on the PP, and I still miss him.

Just two different types of player, yeah. But Flip seems to be a better fit at this moment in time, with all the extra attention to D and patience and responsibility. I think Yzerman was trying to change the team's identity when he signed Flip, and it'll either go down as the most significant or worst move of the next few years, depending on how things go. Changed the feel. Of course, Cooper has a lot to do with that, but Flip is a great tool for him to implement his style.

FDfranklin

Jan 21, 2013
Just got home from Hockey.

How'd we look out there? Who was the best who was the worst?

Connolly do anything noteworthy?

FDfranklin

Jan 21, 2013
Also wanted to add that it's really hard to get excited about our record right now when there's almost 80 more games left to play... Anything can happen haha It feels great winning right now though.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

Bishop was the best player again. Stamkos was great, and really picked it up in the third. Connolly looked good in the first, but sort of disappeared after that (on 4th line).

A lot of the young players looked good. Palat was great, Killorn, Johnson. Gudas had a great game. Hedman did too, and had some offensive chances.

Aside from about 15:00 in the second period (where Bishop stood on his head) it was a very good team effort.

Necropolis

Jan 18, 2013

We looked decent. There were some times they couldn't get the puck out from our own zone but otherwise nothing too bad. There wasn't anyone who looked bad but if I would have to pick one it'd probably be Salo. The best were Bishop, Gudas, Johnson and Stamkos.

Gudas only played 16:30 minutes which I honestly think helped him a lot. Hedman was terrific as well. Carle looked really solid, a great pass for Stamkos in that breakaway.

Connolly didn't do anything spectacular but he played fourth line minutes. Looked really solid IMO.

The team should be able to play effectively without Marty.. but he is a HUGE part of this team...

6-3 Wild with Bish in net.

Goals:

Stamkos
Fillpula
Johnson

works-every-time-spiderman-ZEjRGc.jpg

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
Also wanted to add that it's really hard to get excited about our record right now when there's almost 80 more games left to play... Anything can happen haha It feels great winning right now though.

Agree, but I have to say even with the record we have I feel better about this team then I did with last years team even starting 6-0 with the short season.

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
Good game guys. Enjoy winning sports teams because Minnesota will Probally never have even one. Besides the lynx.

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
Good game guys. Enjoy winning sports teams because Minnesota will Probally never have even one. Besides the lynx.

Oh jeeze :laugh:

Your NZ play was real good. We couldn't get a whole lot going. Defense in general played well. If you guys could've got past Bishop, it would've been a much different game. Parise needs to come alive in games like that.

More 2004

Stamkos Apologist
May 3, 2004
Tampa
5-2 with the schedule we have play thus far? Wow. Great start.. Also, no need for the Vinny disses. He gave his all on and off this ice for this city.

WeedCrimes

#Yzerteam
Feb 19, 2012
Gainesville, FL
I keep feeling amazing about this team, but then remember that we had a 6-1 start last year...

I don't know why, but I feel that it's different this time...

BoltSTH

Sep 4, 2008
Tampa
I keep feeling amazing about this team, but then remember that we had a 6-1 start last year...

It is the schedule. Last year we started against much easier teams.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004

IIRC, the Lightning actually played terribly during that span, despite the outcomes.

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
Looked at the third period stats and the wild had a 50% shooting percentage in it. I know I say that in a negative light but the fact is we dominated that 3rd. I do not know that was their first shot of the period or the last but that was a great period despite the goal against and against a terrific defensive team that we basically beat at their own game that period.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad