GDT: 10/15/2013 - Minnesota Wild @ Toronto Maple Leafs - 6:00 - FS-N, SNET-O

Status
Not open for further replies.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Also, regarding KFAN, I'm fairly certain that both Common and Barriero's heads would explode if they even tried to learn anything about hockey. It's very disappointing how condescending they sound (Common way more than Barriero) when talking about hockey. At least Barriero brings Louie in sometimes and actually acts like he gives a crap.

I've started to listen more to Judd and Dubay on AM1500. They both are hockey fans and will talk quite a bit about both Wild and Gopher puck.

this providence

Chips in Bed Theorem
Oct 19, 2008
St. Paul
'Cept Dubay is a clown and Judd is mostly clueless.

Sadly, the only thing worthwhile in this town is anytime Russo is on or Beyond the Pond on KFAN.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
If anything Suter is underrated. The only problem with him is that he makes everything look so simple, that when he does make a mistake it can be a glaring one.

People who claim he is overrated, don't spend enough time just watching him play during the course of the game. He seems to be always in the right place at the right time and has a tremendous ability to calmly turn the play back up the ice very quickly. He almost looks like he's coasting at times, but he's not. I guess the best way to describe him is "efficient"....and you have to be if you're going to log close to 30 minutes TOI per game.

yup. he does the dirty work. like a CIA paramilitary operative rather than a marine rifleman.

rynryn

May 29, 2008
Minny
Don't have the greatest feeling about tonight given it's the second night of a back-back and the Wild are likely going with Kuemper. The Wild match-up fine with the Leafs, but we'll see if they can score with them because I don't expect Kuemper to hold the Leafs to 1-2 goals this game.

this is how i feel as well. uneasy. i'm gonna bet some vCash on us anyway.

rynryn

May 29, 2008
Minny
Guys on the TSN radio are talking a lot of **** about the Wild. They keep saying its gonna be quiet and a total snooze fest. Hopefully we can prove them wrong

they pretty much have to. it's pandering to their audience--it's what most canadian fans believe about the Wild so they have to agree with the prevailing attitude.

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
I have to do some stuff around town so I'll likely miss at least the first half of the game. Disappointing.

I should be able to follow along on Twitter or something though.

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
6pm Start?

1eQJidz.jpg

Going to be a race to get home in time.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
I'll take a 6 pm start over a 9:30 pm start any day of the week, and twice on Sundays.

Paul Bunyan

Jul 5, 2012
Land of Ice and Snow
www.flickr.com
If anything Suter is underrated. The only problem with him is that he makes everything look so simple, that when he does make a mistake it can be a glaring one.

People who claim he is overrated, don't spend enough time just watching him play during the course of the game. He seems to be always in the right place at the right time and has a tremendous ability to calmly turn the play back up the ice very quickly. He almost looks like he's coasting at times, but he's not. I guess the best way to describe him is "efficient"....and you have to be if you're going to log close to 30 minutes TOI per game.

I'd also say, he's another guy that when you see him LIVE on the ice you can appreciate way more than on TV.

He has subtleties in his game and how he plays that don't translate on TV. On TV a big shot and a big hit are the easy eye grabbers for most, which is why I think people put Weber in front of him, but between the two I'd rather have always had Suter for just how he runs everything on the ice.

My Godfather is a big hockey fan, and he hadn't been to a Wild game in quite some time until I took him to go see Wild/Jets last week, and he couldn't stop talking about Suter and his play and how it's a pleasure to watch that kind of work live.

I usually compare notes with friends who watch the game, and friends that go, and it's just harder to get a big feeling for what is on TV in general. You don't see everything you want to, only what they show you.

For instance, last night the 6-7 pass goal that Pom City put in, now if they didn't go back to the beginning of that move and SHOW everyone how many great passes were made on that set up, and instead showed say, the three leading up to it people would think it was a good goal and not a GREAT move that led to a good goal (mainly non-Wild fans who aren't paying attention as if it is their team).

With 3 shots on goal, I'd be surprised if Granlund scored.

To me he's constantly looking to pass, almost as if he's been told "Just pass the puck" which he can do at a world class level, and seemingly a more NHL level now from the games I've been at and what I've watched on TV.

I think the selfishness/willingness to shoot will come though. He's still a project, and I'm glad he's showing improvements in everything from vision, to physicality and skating.

TMLer

I was saying boo-urns
Feb 11, 2013
Ottawa
Here's to a good game guys and gals :cheers:

Just like with Nashville its so nice playing a team who's fanbase doesn't automatically hate us lol.

Worried about this one tonight. JVR is a question mark and Reimer is in net. Either a nail-biter or could be ugly :(

Leafidelity

Best Sport/Worst League
Apr 6, 2008
Downtown Canada
Goodluck tonight gents, not expecting a win tonight. Our injuries are piling up, and I think you guys will have the edge without JVR and Bernier.

TZM

Par too easy
Mar 25, 2012
Kerava
Here's to a good game guys and gals :cheers:

Just like with Nashville its so nice playing a team who's fanbase doesn't automatically hate us lol.

Worried about this one tonight. JVR is a question mark and Reimer is in net. Either a nail-biter or could be ugly :(

Gonna be the toughest game for our favorite team so far. We kinda have the same mentality going into the game; either a nail-biter or outright ugly - atleast for me. An unproven goalie prospect (Kuemper) is the net for the Wild.

:cheers:

Jarick

Doing Nothing
I never listen to Common since he rarely talks sports. Barreiro is best when he's ripping on crappy teams like the Vikes or Twins. Clearly he doesn't know hockey but he will give credit when it's due (Gopher Women, Lynx). Still, he's not that entertaining when things are going well.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
This is going to be a really tough game for the Wild tonight. I won't be disappointed if they lose. Tough team, tough building, and rookie between the pipes. It will be interesting to see how Kuemper does. I want to see Koivu, Pominville, and Heatley step up or move over.

DUMBA55

Jun 18, 2013
We rob one from TOR with a late PP goal resulting from a questionable call. Wild win 4-3 as El Capitano steps up tonight

Wild: Koivu (2G), Parise, ****'in Allstar (GWG)
Leafs: Lupul, Kadri, Kessel

rynryn

May 29, 2008
Minny
scandella in for Dumba, Kuemper in for Hards...

like we've written this one off.

GopherState

Repeat Offender...
Aug 8, 2008
X Marks The Spot
So...Toronto...

And how bad the Twins are.
And how bad the Vikings are. And if the Vikings are as bad as the Twins.

'Cept Dubay is a clown and Judd is mostly clueless.

Sadly, the only thing worthwhile in this town is anytime Russo is on or Beyond the Pond on KFAN.
I gave the two a chance when they started and it's hard to keep listening. I like Dubay, I like Zulgad's writing, but the two together fuel each other in a way that makes it unlistenable (and whatever is beyond not being able to listen when Souhan is on). Being on for four hours doesn't help either.

The only KFAN show I enjoy listening to is the Power Trip.
Can't stand the Power Trip either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad