GDT: 10/15/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
As an Oiler fan, I'm glad to see the Leafs and Matthews doing so well. I think the McDavid versus Matthews rivalry/debate is a ton of fun and a great thing for the sport. As a Canadian, having them both play in Canada is a huge bonus.

You speak the truth

Super Hans

Stats Evangelist
Oct 9, 2016
Some Guy: Hey Auston remember when you said you were gonna try to get more assists?

Auston Matthews: Aw **** I did didn't I?

- conversation just before puck drop, probably

"Did you see Laine pass on that failed 2 on 0 breakaway last night because he knows he can't catch you in goals already?"

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Actually, I think Carolina and New Jersey will give the Leafs fits. We'll see though. The Leafs seem to do well against other heavier teams, but not so much speedy ones.

Pittsburgh will handle them with a healthy Schultz and Letang imo.

TDK67

Apr 17, 2016
"Most overrated team" beats another playoff team to improve to a 6-1 start.

"Most overrated player" has 7 straight multi-point games to continue leading the league with 16 pts in 7 games. He joins the likes of Gretzky, Bossy & Lemieux to accomplish that.

Good time to be "overrated" in Toronto.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
"Most overrated team" beats another playoff team to improve to a 6-1 start.

"Most overrated player" has 7 straight multi-point games to continue leading the league with 16 pts in 7 games. He joins the likes of Gretzky, Bossy & Lemieux to accomplish that.

Good time to be "overrated" in Toronto.

And this is why he's always going to be overrated, no matter what he accomplishes.

Dustin

Sep 24, 2014
Actually, I think Carolina and New Jersey will give the Leafs fits. We'll see though. The Leafs seem to do well against other heavier teams, but not so much speedy ones.
NJ maybe. They played us well last year too. Fast and hard working. First on the puck kind of team.

Last edited:
Reactions: hockeeyyy

Frosty415

Nov 27, 2009
415 to 519
Taken from your last link:

Marners slash was not a forceful nor powerful chop, so it did not deserve a penalty. There have been worse slashes that have gone uncalled for this very game.

Cracking down on slashing does not mean you call everything on the gloves as you seem to imply.

Talk about grasping the straws

You said no changes happened, I proved otherwise. You CALLED me out

I simply said slashing got called more last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad