GDT: 10/15/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

AveryQuietMan

free chinese food for everyone
Oct 2, 2017
Of everything happening with the Sharks, the fact that Karlsson doesn't have a goal yet is the most frustrating thing as a Sharks fan. I thought we got him to be a goal scoring defensman.

sharks are def a sleeper at this point.

but maybe thats where they want to be. they are figuring stuff out. i wouldnt sleep on them.

Zalos

Berktwad
Feb 2, 2009
Quebec
How many people saw Tatar with 7 points after 5 games?

Well, I did expect him to do much better than what most people thought on here. Tatar was great on the Wings, but he had other players in front of him. Then, everyone talked about him as if he was the next Semin after he got traded to Vegas... which was total bullshit. He will score 30 with the Habs and he has amazing chemistry with Danault and Gallagher.

I am glad we got him! I can only hope Suzuki pans out as well... that would make the Pacioretty trade a huge steal. Pacioretty has yet to do anything special this year, and he still sucks in the playoffs.

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
Big chance for the Wild to draw even here.

Last edited:

Chandrashekhar Limit

From the runaway slave to a modern day king.
Apr 2, 2009
Milky Way
Talk about grasping the straws

You said no changes happened, I proved otherwise. You CALLED me out

I simply said slashing got called more last season.

No you did not "simply" say slashing was called more last year.

Here is the convo history:

2nd one was deserved

That slash happens 50x a game

And they called it 50x more last season

Quit whining

No they did not.

You said that 2nd slash was called 50x more last year. Yea f*** no. As shown in your own link, the 2nd one is not a slash based on the rulebook.

All you did is include links that say slashing was called more. You did not prove slashes similar to that 2nd slash was called verbatim last year as you originally claimed.

FFS in your own Sportsnet link it states GMs want slashes to be called more as it's stated in the rule book. Which by definition is not what Marner did.

And you're talking about me grasping at straws? LMFAO

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
I think it's better for Nylander if he does go elsewhere. He has a chance to prove he's a top 3 forward and there are plenty of teams who could really use him

Do they have $8m in space?
Do they have all the draft picks required?

If not move on.

Frosty415

Nov 27, 2009
415 to 519
No you did not "simply" say slashing was called more last year.

Here is the convo history:

You said that 2nd slash was called 50x more last year. Yea **** no. As shown in your own link, the 2nd one is not a slash based on the rulebook.

All you did is include links that say slashing was called more. You did not prove slashes similar to that 2nd slash was called verbatim last year as you originally claimed.

FFS in your own Sportsnet link it states GMs want slashes to be called more as it's stated in the rule book. Which by definition is not what Marner did.

And you're talking about me grasping at straws? LMFAO

Dude you're so mad over a marner slash you keep bickering over this(and citing the rulebook, that's straw grasping bud)

I said it got called 50x more last season. You asked for proof, I gave you proof, then you proceed to go in circles

What are you trying to prove? What I said was not wrong.

Slashing started to get called a lot more last year, including petty little slashes, if you want to whine about consistency, that's another thing.

Stay bitter though

Last edited:

Chandrashekhar Limit

From the runaway slave to a modern day king.
Apr 2, 2009
Milky Way
Dude you're so mad over a marner slash you keep bickering over this(and citing the rulebook, that's straw grasping bud)

I said it got called 50x more last season. You asked for proof, I gave you proof, then you proceed to go in circles

It's funny, you say I'm bickering over this, when you are doing the exact same thing as me. Pot meet kettle. I guess I'm supposed to shut up and agree with you.

Referencing the rule that the argument is over is grasping at straws? Do you know what that phrase means? I guess instead of using the rulebook to determine if said rule is broken, I should listen to a random guys argument since he has provided undeniable "proof" via some TSN and Sportsnet articles :laugh:

Once again, your proof is crap. Just because slashing was called more last year does not automatically mean that the type of slash we are talking about was called more. You seem to not understand this.

The links you provided all cite extreme cases such as Gaudreau and Methot as the motivation behind this change. That's what the NHL is trying to stop.

What are you trying to prove? What I said was not wrong.

Slashing started to get called a lot more last year, including petty little slashes, if you want to whine about consistency, that's another thing.

Stay bitter though

The argument is over whether or not Marner's slash is actually a slash. No where in your "proof" does it state that any contact on a players glove/stick is a penalty. Nor does it line up with the NHL rulebook which is what the refs are trying to enforce.

"It was called 50x more last year". You have still shown no proof to back up this statement. Slashes were called more. That is all you have proven. Not the type.

Keep changing the goal posts though.

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
They need Karlsson to score and they need to fix the power play. I'm cautiously optimistic.

He's always been hotter after Christmas. Just wait for it. Probably top 3 D scoring again this year once the shock of not being in Ottawa wears off.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
He's always been hotter after Christmas. Just wait for it. Probably top 3 D scoring again this year once the shock of not being in Ottawa wears off.

Well, if there is one thing I've learned in this thread it's EK's historically slow starts. That makes me feel a little better than yesterday after the Devils game so thank you. It would be nice if he got one on the board sooner rather than later though.

The Sharks finally get to spend some time at home the next two games so I'm actually thinking they will do pretty well. The Devils surprised me though in the early going. I was traveling so I was listening to their game in Sweden and they were dominant, especially Kyle Palmeiri. To see them dominate against the champs and then play like they did yesterday, that's a pretty fun hockey team to watch.

Frosty415

Nov 27, 2009
415 to 519
It's funny, you say I'm bickering over this, when you are doing the exact same thing as me. Pot meet kettle. I guess I'm supposed to shut up and agree with you.

Referencing the rule that the argument is over is grasping at straws? Do you know what that phrase means? I guess instead of using the rulebook to determine if said rule is broken, I should listen to a random guys argument since he has provided undeniable "proof" via some TSN and Sportsnet articles :laugh:

Once again, your proof is crap. Just because slashing was called more last year does not automatically mean that the type of slash we are talking about was called more. You seem to not understand this.

The links you provided all cite extreme cases such as Gaudreau and Methot as the motivation behind this change. That's what the NHL is trying to stop.

The argument is over whether or not Marner's slash is actually a slash. No where in your "proof" does it state that any contact on a players glove/stick is a penalty. Nor does it line up with the NHL rulebook which is what the refs are trying to enforce.

"It was called 50x more last year". You have still shown no proof to back up this statement. Slashes were called more. That is all you have proven. Not the type.

Keep changing the goal posts though.
Holy triggered batman

Only you would lose your mind this much over a comment about slashing going up due to rule changes

Slashing got called more last year. (I never specified what type of slashing, that's you moving goalposts bud)

That's a fact

The trend will continue.

Prove me wrong or take this fat L.

All this over a petty penalty...talk about a childish.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->