Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley

NHL Scores | Hockey Scoreboard

ahqYmzY.png

Reactions: Sk8M8

hockeeyyy

Sep 29, 2017
I'm thinking this is the first game Matthews is held without a point. Historically, he hasn't been great at evens against Los Angeles. 4 games, 1 goal, 1 assist, -2, 18 shots on net.

Granted, he's taken another level, but I'd put my money on the Kings taking this one tonight.

I got Dallas, Montreal, and Nashville tonight as well.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I had no idea how bad their shot rates have been this season. 25.8 shots for and 34.4 against?!

Jeez.

Stevens seems to be doing everything in his power to tank us, but our best players keep resisting.

Exhibit A that's a new wrinkle tonight: A third line of Nate Thompson-Mike Amadio-Jeff Carter.

Practically guarantee that Stevens will shorten the bench, but only after the damage is done, further draining our best players. Fantenberg-Phaneuf is gonna get run over, and only then will Stevens double Doughty instead...Kopitar has already been playing 1D minutes. It's a re-run of last year where our best guys get run into the ground and our developing guys don't play to develop.

hockeeyyy

Sep 29, 2017
Stevens seems to be doing everything in his power to tank us, but our best players keep resisting.

Exhibit A that's a new wrinkle tonight: A third line of Nate Thompson-Mike Amadio-Jeff Carter.

Practically guarantee that Stevens will shorten the bench, but only after the damage is done, further draining our best players. Fantenberg-Phaneuf is gonna get run over, and only then will Stevens double Doughty instead...Kopitar has already been playing 1D minutes. It's a re-run of last year where our best guys get run into the ground and our developing guys don't play to develop.

That third line makes me think Stevens is going to try and take advantage of the Kadri line's weakish wing position relative to who's opposite of Carter.

Don't forget that the Kings absolutely trashed the Leafs last season -- 5 to 3 I think? They had a 5-0 lead before Matthews took a penalty shot and closed the game out fairly easily.

I think it's going to be a pretty even game, maybe slanted to the Kings. They seem to have the Leafs number in the last few years.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
That third line makes me think Stevens is going to try and take advantage of the Kadri line's weakish wing position relative to who's opposite of Carter.

Don't forget that the Kings absolutely trashed the Leafs last season -- 5 to 3 I think? They had a 5-0 lead before Matthews took a penalty shot and closed the game out fairly easily.

I think it's going to be a pretty even game, maybe slanted to the Kings. They seem to have the Leafs number in the last few years.

Maybe, but it's a Leafs PP with Thompson out there.

Unless it's a ploy to sneak JAD up there like last game in the proper moments but I don't give Stevens credit enough to think that up.

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
Babcock going with Sparks. Hope he can do himself a favor tonight.

LeafShark

Feb 2, 2010
No biggie, we'll just play 6 on 5. Just try to outscore us. It will be like we're on a game long PP. 60 minutes. 50% efficiency per 2 minutes. That's at least 15 goals.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
Another day (Like Saturday) where I think the Leafs game is the game of the night. A few years ago I would avoid the leafs like the plague because they were the Yankees of the NHL. Now they are a fun team to watch and I hope they blast the Kings.

Reactions: Marner and TDK88

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
Wow Campbell looks bad haha......this could be ugly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->