GDT: 10/14/2013 - Minnesota Wild @ Buffalo Sabres - 6:30 - NBCSN, TSN2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Nino had a strong game. Strong along the boards, a fast skater. My only complain is that he needs to shoot more. Example: on the PP, Greenlord made a nice pass to him on the middle where he should have just shot a one timer, instead he made a bad pass.

Koivu was good. Good passes, great defensively. This time I thought Koivu shot more, which was good to see.

Greenlord was aggressive on the forecheck, solid defensively, was decent in faceoffs as well. He really needs to stop feeding Heatley the puck on his every scoring chance and shoot by himself.

Brodin awesome as usual. What more can I say?

Harding was awesome. I hope he keeps playing like this.

Poms had a strong game and a damn nice goal.

Stoner was probably our worst defenseman tonight.

Fontaine showed some nice flashes of his speed.

Dumba was great, I hope he stays. He's easily better than Stoner, Scandella and Prosser and right now it's not even close.

I thought Parise had a bad game. Bad turnover on the neutral zone which resulted in a goal. Otherwise pretty invisible.

Heatley really needs to sit.. His screwup on the 2 on 1 rush with Greenblum kind of summed up his whole season so far. At this stage he isn't a threat, even on PP. I hope Coyle returns soon and pushes Heatley out of both 2nd line and PP. Heatley's just causing too many chances for other players it's not even funny anymore. GMCF really needs to try to trade him for a bag of chips or something..

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
So Matt Cooke and Jonas Brodin are our leading scorers. Trolling the league?

Billy Mays Here*

Greenlord was aggressive on the forecheck, solid defensively, was decent in faceoffs as well. He really needs to stop feeding Heatley the puck on his every scoring chance and shoot by himself.

Greenlay plays for the Wild now? God help us all.

urho

Sep 12, 2008
Oulu
Dany Heatley isn't very good at hockey anymore. But Wild do look good, much better than last year :)

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
He played well. Could be a bit more selfish and never pass to Heatley, tho.

I laughed and cried at the same time because it's funny and so true

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Graulblad was all over the place in the offensive zone...making some sick centering passes that still go unexpected by his linemates. Heatley should have passed to Growlawd on that two on one long before he was tripped from behind.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Graulblad was all over the place in the offensive zone...making some sick centering passes that still go unexpected by his linemates. Heatley should have passed to Growlawd on that two on one long before he was tripped from behind.

Gallbladder should replace Koivu on the first line to be honest. He's looked better offensively so far.

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland

Yeah, I think this Grailbowl-kiddo is just about to produce. One more baby step..

TZM

Par too easy
Mar 25, 2012
Kerava
Actually Granholm was Fontaine at some point too. IIRC right after that Doc corrected: "Actually it is Granholm with the puck"... and I totally lost it :laugh: . I thought the entire 2nd line had a bad game. Heatley was just an icing on the cake.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
I was reading the last few pages of this thread while eating a sandwich. You ****ers almost made me choke! Jerks!
:biglaugh:

I heartily agree that Gordlud needs to be more selfish with the puck and never ever pass it to heater again. EVER.

Someone should bring a banner to that effect to the next home game if Heater hasn't been benched yet. He is completely wasting all the talent that Goordlarn is bringing to the table this year.

I think this thing that Doc started might just be our new meme....

Very well, let's continue where we left off then.

I heard from a couple people that Pierre couldn't stop getting a hard-on from talking about Brodin. Any truth to that?

Said he should have won Calder. And pretty much anyone who paid attention to the league as a whole as opposed to those dunderheaded bum wad leastern conference only journalists who stuffed the ballot with unworthy leastern conference rookies seems to agree.

On a related note I really can't stand the leastern conference.

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
Heatley is no longer able to get himself into the best positions from where he could use his shot and bury Greenblatt's passes. But I still think Grablund will get booted off the top 6 when Coyle comes back and Heatley stays.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Heatley is no longer able to get himself into the best positions from where he could use his shot and bury Greenblatt's passes. But I still think Grablund will get booted off the top 6 when Coyle comes back and Heatley stays.

Agreed. Yeo seems to love Heatley for some reason. Or he's afraid of him. I don't know. But either way, Nino looks like a fixture on that line, they want Coyle in that C spot, and Pominville is easily a top six player.

That leaves Gordmack as the odd guy out.

Temego

Mar 8, 2011
How many games total has Gargamel played with Heatley now? Last year included. They've shown zero chemistry whatsoever and still on the same line.

AJ Thelen

Nov 19, 2010
Pontypandy
As long as Harding keeps playing like this i have no problem with him being our #1 in net.

Hopefully Granny stays and Heater sits when Coyle is back.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
What I think the lineup looks like when Coyle returns:

Parise-Koivu-Nino
Heatley-Coyle-Pominville
Cooke-Brodziak-Grönland
Fontaine-Konopka-Mitchell

What I'd like to see:

Parise-Koivu-Nino
Coyle-Gargnall-Pominville
Cooke-Brodziak-Fontaine
Heatley-Konopka-Mitchell

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Agreed. Yeo seems to love Heatley for some reason. Or he's afraid of him. I don't know. But either way, Nino looks like a fixture on that line, they want Coyle in that C spot, and Pominville is easily a top six player.

That leaves Gordmack as the odd guy out.

I disagree, I think Coyle moves back to wing. Groplamp has just been too good to move from that position imo.

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
Whatever you are doing with this Granlund-meme is hilarious :D Where's the origin? =)

Grats on the win guys!

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Whatever you are doing with this Granlund-meme is hilarious :D Where's the origin? =)

Grats on the win guys!

In the last game, the announcer kept saying Gronlund, Granholm and so on :laugh:

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I disagree, I think Coyle moves back to wing. Groplamp has just been too good to move from that position imo.

I'd love to see Coyle move back to wing, as it would mean Grelldink would have to center that line, but who do you see really moving down? As I said earlier, Pominville would be wasted on the third line, and Yeo has a man-crush on Heatley.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad