GDT: 10/14/2013 - Minnesota Wild @ Buffalo Sabres - 6:30 - NBCSN, TSN2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beegoalie

Dec 21, 2011
Pominville Minnesota
I think some of you are willing the young man to be fast.. He may be faster than last year but by NHL standards he's not a good skater.. Period!

Whatever your drinking or smoking I'll take two. Watch a game dude.

Mitchell..Parise..Brodin...possibly Suter/Spurgeon...Only players on the Wild roster that are noticeably faster than the "new and improved" Granlund IMO.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
I think some of you are willing the young man to be fast.. He may be faster than last year but by NHL standards he's not a good skater.. Period!

Gorgo may be on to something. Even though few people had trouble admiting Granlunds skating wasnt upto par last year, this year we have been brainwashed. We are all sheep i tell you!!! SHEEP!!!!

Northland Wild Man

Finnesotans?
Jun 14, 2011
Grand Forks, ND
Some of my observations from tonight's game:

Granford is looking good. I wish he would shoot more, and not follow in Koivu's footsteps so much.

Koivu needs to finish his chances. You are the captain lead by example.

The second goal was tremendous.

The refs had some questionable stuff like normal.

NBC announcers suck

Also, props to whoever put some old school Pantera in the thread.

mezcal

Wild Complacency
Feb 19, 2013
CA

Granford is looking good. I wish he would shoot more, and not follow in Koivu's footsteps so much.

NBC announcers suck

Haha, wow. I can't believe he was calling Granlund Granford. For a second I was checking if there was a new player on the Sabres.

Billy Mays Here*

NBC announcers suck

Who?

Didn't get off work in time to catch any of the game but it sounded like it wasn't our best. Two points is two points though. If we can get one point from the Leafs tomorrow or even play them relatively close I think I'll be happy. Curious to see who's gonna start though. Does he give Harding back-to-back games? Does Kuemper get his first start of the season? Or is Backstrom healthy enough to start? Should be interesting.

OpRedDawn*

Who?

Didn't get off work in time to catch any of the game but it sounded like it wasn't our best. Two points is two points though. If we can get one point from the Leafs tomorrow or even play them relatively close I think I'll be happy. Curious to see who's gonna start though. Does he give Harding back-to-back games? Does Kuemper get his first start of the season? Or is Backstrom healthy enough to start? Should be interesting.

granholm

Billy Mays Here*

Still not sure who we're talking about. Oh, maybe you guys are thinking of Markus Grandlund, I believe he's the brother of Michael Grundy.

MNjens

Sep 27, 2013
I don't care how bad Buffalo is. Yes, We didn't play our best but we still managed to get 2 points on the road. Good teams find ways to win when they're not 100% out there, and thats exactly what we did.

People still worried about goals not going in. If we keep up with the good puck possession then they will come. Guarantee this team will score more then any other Wild team.

Love Cooke. Fits the 3rd line so well. Fontaine is playing with more confidence, and looks good as well.

Only negative on this team right now is Heater. The team needs to do something with him once Coyle comes back.

Billy Mays Here*

Doc was mispronouncing his name all night. We're just using variations on his mistakes.

Don't know why it's such a hard name to pronounce. I can understand some people mispronouncing his first name and saying Michael instead of Me-ki-el but I think his last name is pretty straight forward.

Jaykay

Jul 5, 2012
Minneapolis, MN
Don't know why it's such a hard name to pronounce. I can understand some people mispronouncing his first name and saying Michael instead of Me-ki-el but I think his last name is pretty straight forward.

It wasn't even a mispronunciation as much as it was just saying a totally different name. Pretty funny considering Granlund has been a pretty well known prospect in the hockey world for years now, it's not like he was just some fourth line scrub who got called up for his first game tonight.

Jaykay

Jul 5, 2012
Minneapolis, MN
It wasn't even a mispronunciation as much as it was just saying a totally different name. Pretty funny considering Granlund has been a pretty well known prospect in the hockey world for years now, it's not like he was just some fourth line scrub who got called up for his first game tonight.

Sorry, my keyboard is all messed up, I meant Gunderson.

mkoivu9*

Yeah, Doc is the best at what he does and it was annoying here him say Granlund wrong all night..

At least he wasn't saying Pah-ree-say like he used to.

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
How did you know about my mom's side of the family? Not lying either, my mother's side of the family is the Gundersons. :laugh:

iRtE33nFql3xQ.gif

Billy Mays Here*

Oh great, here we go again with me mentioning my family and you getting into a hissy fit about it. I specifically try not to mention my father much on here anymore as I know about your issues with your father but apparently mentioning anything about my family at all gets your panties in a bunch. Whatever, I don't care anymore. You don't like it, that's your problem.

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
Oh great, here we go again with me mentioning my family and you getting into a hissy fit about it. I specifically try not to mention my father much on here anymore as I know about your issues with your father but apparently mentioning anything about my family at all gets your panties in a bunch. Whatever, I don't care anymore. You don't like it, that's your problem.

No, it was not about that. Your comment just ruined the flow of an excellent thread.

Billy Mays Here*

No, it was not about that. Your comment just ruined the flow of an excellent thread.

Very well, let's continue where we left off then.

I heard from a couple people that Pierre couldn't stop getting a hard-on from talking about Brodin. Any truth to that?

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Very well, let's continue where we left off then.

I heard from a couple people that Pierre couldn't stop getting a hard-on from talking about Brodin. Any truth to that?

Well...it's easy to fall in love when watching Bacon.... Read Russo's blog, he was drooling over his game tonight too. He was amazing as usual and now has 5 pts in 6 gms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad