GDT: 10/14/2013 - Minnesota Wild @ Buffalo Sabres - 6:30 - NBCSN, TSN2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GORGO

Dec 10, 2011
BABBITT, MN
Greenland's also faster than Nordy.

He does work hard, backhecks, forechecks, gets loose pucks etc.. He's so much better than last year. Point production will still come.

With all do respect I Hope your right, but 1 shot on goal again playing as much as he does?.. His skating really limits him from getting to pucks he needs to get to if he's going to be a difference maker, that's if he doesn't fall down first..

se7en

infamous...
Apr 14, 2010
Maui, HI
Wish we scored more but a good start to the road trip none the less.

Points in 5 of our 6 games.. When it's said like that it sounds pretty decent.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
you'd think they would have started Kuemper tonight rather than throw him to the wolves if they were planning on splitting them.

Wild usually throw their top goaltender into the better chance to win games...so throwing him to the wolves is the Wild way historically. Russo was just tweeting about that the other day.

Hedning

A New Beginning
Apr 26, 2012
Almost Crosby-vibes on Pierres mancrush of Brodin... Nearly bordering on creepy. But, he's so gooood. Those little things he does on the ice get me almost every time. Not everybody sees it, but when you do, you just realize how special of a player he really is.
A sure shoe-in for the Olympics if he keeps his level of play. If just our stab knows what they're doing One can only hope. (Though, I had him on the Olympic roster even last season, when not many others did, but I'm sure, that will change)

Is that Mikael Firgrove* you all are talking about?
He seems much stronger this year, than last season... He dominated in the WC for Finland in many games earlier in the spring as well. So, I'm sure he will be a nice fit in Minnesota, and only getting better in time. I would be surprised otherwise, with that skill he possesses. (And he's not in Edmonton, where skill doesn't seem to matter)

* Hint, Swedish name (Pronunciations like "Gronlund" by an American speaker is probably as close you can come btw) Your "a" just doesn't cut it. It's more like "ah"

Oh, and fun team to watch these days. What a turnaround.

And... I'm off to work. It's a rough life being a hockeynerd on the wrong continent.

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
Brodin has 5 pts in 6 games.
He had 11 pts in 45 games last season.

He wasn't kidding when he said he wanted to be more involved offensively.

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
Big .gif warning.

PominvilleGoal10142013-2.gif

Sportsfan1

Jun 9, 2012
State of Hockey
Big win, got to beat teams like these. You know there is not one member of the Wild who has played really poorly the last few games. And Granlund, my heaven's it's like night and day with this kid this year, completely different player right now.

Harding has solidified the goaltending, keep with the hot hand Yeo! (Except tomorrow start Kuemper ;))

Beegoalie

Dec 21, 2011
Pominville Minnesota
With all do respect I Hope your right, but 1 shot on goal again playing as much as he does?.. His skating really limits him from getting to pucks he needs to get to if he's going to be a difference maker, that's if he doesn't fall down first..

With all due respect you need to watch the games...

Sure he could shoot more but if Heatley had any sort of game left in his tank Granlund would likely have 5-6 assists on the season. He set up Heatley for a tap in which he missed and they had a 2-1 where Heatley could of shot and had a golden chance or pass to a tap in for Granlund and he ended up getting caught from behind poked and fell down.

His skating has actually been a HUGE positive for him this season..he is flying out there. One of the noticeably faster forwards on the team especially on the forecheck..Yeo has raved about that in him this year...Granlund has been all over the puck forechecking and has been nothing but strong on pucks. He is reminding me of Parise with his pest like forechecking. It seems he figured out he has to play that way to play in this league and I feel him getting better every game.

Put him with some finishers and tell him to shoot more..he is trending upward in a big way.

llamapalooza

Hockey State Expat
Aug 11, 2010
Montréal
Well guys, I just got back from a long weekend away. What did I miss the last three gam--son of a *****!

Well I'm back in-state now, so presumably the losing streak resumes tomorrow. Such is life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad