GDT: 10/13/15 - 7:30PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Detroit

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Gotta feel bad for Bishop, Detroit was peppering him with shots in the slot all day because of the lazy defense. Still ended up making incredible saves though.

Obviously

Dec 4, 2013
I wonder if Stamkos drives his own car or just sits shotgun until someone drives him to the location

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
Pretty bad effort. I'll understand it though with the back to back and third game in four nights on the road. Lets get back on track Thursday!

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
It's only game 4 of the season so I'm not going to get too hung up over this loss. It sucks, but movin on. We got a looong season.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
If Don Meehan is still talking about a number anywhere near $12m, Steve Yzerman should laugh and hang up.

I'm with you man. I am ready to jump in with the pitchforks. The guys on his line are not the issue, they get demoted, then after that goal against was scored, get promoted and then contribute to a goal to give us a chance. Then on the same shift almost tie it. Cooper needs to figure things out, and this has nothing to do with just one player.

Also might be time to consider breaking up TKO.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
So much wrong with this loss. I'm absolutely sick.

Why does winning a gritty game take the required science of splitting an atom? No energy, no effort, no forecheck.

For 40 minutes we skate at the most leisurely pace into 3 and 4 Red Wings waiting at the blue line and they play keep away. In the event of actually having the puck, we continuously cycle the puck around the 700 players parked in front of Jimmy Howard.

I don't blame Stamkos for this one. Everyone on offense was flat out bad and the PP wasn't any better. We get about 1:10 of unit 1 and unit 2 just kills the rest of it for the Red Wings.

A loss was inevitable. My disgust is that we clearly learned nothing from our 7 game series.

I blame Stamkos as much as anyone. For a guy who's supposed to be our best player, he was awfully pedestrian. The more money you're asking for, the less acceptable that gets. He was easily the worst player on his line tonight, and that just can't happen. At least not with the regularity it's been happening in the last year.

I'm more worried about Kuch though. Wondering if he's out of shape or something. He's been really, really quiet by his standards.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I'm with you man. I am ready to jump in with the pitchforks. The guys on his line are not the issue, they get demoted, then after that goal against was scored, get promoted and then contribute to a goal to give us a chance. Then on the same shift almost tie it. Cooper needs to figure things out, and this has nothing to do with just one player.

Also might be time to consider breaking up TKO.

Maybe temporarily, yeah. Until Kucherov can figure out how to be the guy he was last year. He's floating an awful lot right now.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Maybe temporarily, yeah. Until Kucherov can figure out how to be the guy he was last year. He's floating an awful lot right now.

Getting outmuscled too, I think it's more his skating than strength, he's a step slower.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Holy overreactions, Batman! This was pretty much a schedule loss, IMO. Our only chance was to jump out to an early lead and we didn't do it.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

Don't put him with Stamkos now or we will have a line that will basically be sitting ducks in a pond during hunting season, lol.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Getting outmuscled too, I think it's more his skating than strength, he's a step slower.

Agreed. That's why my first thought is "conditioning." You never really know what's going on behind the scenes, but he's not the same guy right now. Palat and TJ look fine to me.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Agreed. That's why my first thought is "conditioning." You never really know what's going on behind the scenes, but he's not the same guy right now. Palat and TJ look fine to me.

Meh Palat was shaky dude, He had too many fanned passes and struggled to get the puck out of their zone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad