GDT: 10/13/15 - 7:30PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Detroit

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
I have this game on DVR from yesterday but is it worth watching ? i could have watched at like 9 last night but ugh I hate watching the Bolts play the Wings even when they win.

Its worth watching...however I'm like you. Absolutely hate watching the replay when we lose. Can't enjoy the game at all.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I wonder if 3-in-4s are tougher early in the season than they are later. Pretty sure any team is a statistical underdog in that situation regardless, but it would be interesting to see if there's a time of the season when it's a bigger disadvantage. I can see theories for both sides.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
I thought we looked a little tired by the third period but the team also wasn't getting many bounces. It happens. I think Detroit will again be our toughest opponent from our division.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
I wonder if 3-in-4s are tougher early in the season than they are later. Pretty sure any team is a statistical underdog in that situation regardless, but it would be interesting to see if there's a time of the season when it's a bigger disadvantage. I can see theories for both sides.

Players have not yet had a chance to "get their legs" and stretch out their lungs. Beggining of the season can be tough 'cause the body still getting used to the hitting, etc. 3 in 4 is tough ... however don't think it was the cause of the loss. It was not having urgency earlier and being a bit more aggressive and activate the defenders earlier in the game.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
Detroit matchs-up pretty well against us also. I think we'll have persistent trouble against them. Another DRW series would really annoy me, **** their clutch and grab style.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Detroit matchs-up pretty well against us also. I think we'll have persistent trouble against them. Another DRW series would really annoy me, **** their clutch and grab style.

They're actually a pretty good skating team, which is why we don't look as fast playing them. Someone said in the GDT, if you want to beat Detroit you gotta out skate them, didn't help when half our team was on cruise control.

That Larkin guy blew by our defense a couple times.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad