GDT: 10/12/19 - 4:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Ottawa

Hint1k

Oct 27, 2017
People really should chill out here. There are 82 games and they are all meaningless. Do you need another 60+ wins regular season or a good playoff run? And no you cant have both. We tried last year. It did not work.

Maelmoor

Apr 20, 2004
Stockholm, Sweden
I understand the "Fire Cooper" part suits the agenda of some posters, but seriously, this loss is one the players's. It's not like this game was decided on a tactical level. There was a lot of mistakes made and a lack of urgency from the players tonight. With that said, I've no doubt we will bounce back once our stars find their game.

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
I understand the "Fire Cooper" part suits the agenda of some posters, but seriously, this loss is one the players's. It's not like this game was decided on a tactical level. There was a lot of mistakes made and a lack of urgency from the players tonight. With that said, I've no doubt we will bounce back once our stars find their game.
It's almost like that one guys job is to keep the players in check.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
People really should chill out here. There are 82 games and they are all meaningless. Do you need another 60+ wins regular season or a good playoff run? And no you cant have both. We tried last year. It did not work.

At this rate we are more likely to have none.

Hint1k

Oct 27, 2017
Playing embarassing hockey won't work either.
Blues had 4 points after first 5 games last season. Now look how they finished that season.
Bolts have 5 points and playing too good actually. If anything they should play worse and spend less energy.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Does this look like a cup finalist to you...yes or no?

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Blues had 4 points after first 5 games last season. Now look how they finish that season.
Bolts have 5 points and playing too good actually. If anything they should play worse and spend less energy.
They changed coaches...are on board with ditching pooper

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Any bets on what Stamkos will say this time in his post-game interview?

"I really feel for Mac, he gave us a chance to win and we blew it again. Same ol' bad habits. Long year ahead"
He was crap today too, you would think our best players would feast against a team like the Sens but they're too good to show up.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Urgency starts at the top

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Blues had 4 points after first 5 games last season. Now look how they finished that season.

giphy.gif

Playing too good? Sigh

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL

This logic is seriously specious. Plenty of teams have had excellent regular seasons and gone on to win the Cup. The one year we won the Cup way back when was a #1 seed. The path to winning the Cup isn't by scraping into the playoffs as a #8 seed with 40 wins on the final day of the season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad