GDT: 10/12/19 - 4:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Ottawa

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
It's pretty boring hockey bar the 5-10 chances they get. Cirelli is one of the few that bring it every shift. If we had more guys like him, we might not win as many 7-3 games, but we would be able to win games 2-1 or 2-0.

That Cernak and Coburn highlight feel was one of the worst 2v2s you could write up. That's not on Cooper. Not that one.

Reactions: Max McBolt

Max McBolt

Dec 18, 2018
I must say I am a bit surprised by the reactions in this thread.

Yes we lost to Ottawa, but there is a lot of parity in the league and I did not felt it was as terrible as what I am reading here. It was a tight checking game, and it was 2-2 with 3 minutes left.
We did not get trashed or outscored by 2, 3 or 4 goals.

We played a poor game and almost had a chance to steal it in overtime or shoutout.
There are very few teams in the league that have the talent to play their worst hockey and still get close to, or win games. The Tampa Bay Lightning is one of them.

Also not everybody played bad.
Gourde, Cirelli, Sergachev and McDonagh played good.
Palat, Killorn, Joseph, were more than decent, even tho not at their best.
And McElhinney kept them in the game.

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
I must say I am a bit surprised by the reactions in this thread.

Yes we lost to Ottawa, but there is a lot of parity in the league and I did not felt it was as terrible as what I am reading here. It was a tight checking game, and it was 2-2 with 3 minutes left.
We did not get trashed or outscored by 2, 3 or 4 goals.

We played a poor game and almost had a chance to steal it in overtime or shoutout.
There are very few teams in the league that have the talent to play their worst hockey and still get close to, or win games. The Tampa Bay Lightning is one of them.

Also not everybody played bad.
Gourde, Cirelli, Sergachev and McDonagh played good.
Palat, Killorn, Joseph, were more than decent, even tho not at their best.
And McElhinney kept them in the game.
Ottawa was 0-3 and thoroughly outplayed the Lightning which appears to have lots of players with bad contracts and over paid

Hint1k

Oct 27, 2017
This logic is seriously specious. Plenty of teams have had excellent regular seasons and gone on to win the Cup. The one year we won the Cup way back when was a #1 seed. The path to winning the Cup isn't by scraping into the playoffs as a #8 seed with 40 wins on the final day of the season.

Last 10 SC winners (excluding the short season 2013):
2019 Blues - 12th overall
2018 Caps - 6th overall (division winner)
2017 Pens - 2nd overall
2016 Pens - 4th overall
2015 Chicago - 7th overall
2014 LA - 14th overall
2013 Chicago - 1th overall (that was a short season - 48 games only. So players were not tired.)
2012 LA - 13th overall
2011 Boston - 7th overall (division winner)
2010 Chicago - 3rd overall
2009 Pens - 8th overall

Notice something? To win a SC you dont need to be 1st overall and even a division win is not recommended. The average SC winner place is 8th overall. So, think again now.

Last edited:

Powerplay17

Feb 13, 2018
Tampa
Team has zero heart and lacks accountability at the top. Coop was pissed after the Canes game and made them skate a hard practice. They played pond hockey against the Leafs and right back to their old predictable ways today.

Roster needs a new voice in the room NOW! I’m becoming very apathetic to this team.

Reactions: Vasilevskiy

Max McBolt

Dec 18, 2018
Ottawa was 0-3 and thoroughly outplayed the Lightning which appears to have lots of players with bad contracts and over paid

Thats the thing brother, Ottawa was 0-3, and they really wanted to win this game more than Tampa.

And I don’t agree that they thoroughly outplayed the Lightning.
They played better than us.
They played the best they can, we played as bad, or close to as bad as we can, and Ottawa still could not put us away.
Still we were in the game, 3 minutes away from OT.
It took a bad bounce and an epic failure of Coburn/Cernak for them to beat us in regulation, one play.

Also I don’t believe that Tampa Bay had any players with bad contracts and overpaid on the ice tonight.
But of course you are entitled to your opinion.

Cheers

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Thats the thing brother, Ottawa was 0-3, and they really wanted to win this game more than Tampa.

They played the best they can, we played as bad, or close to as bad as we can, and Ottawa still could not put us away.
It took a bad bounce and an epic failure of Coburn/Cernak for them to beat us in regulation, one play.

Also I don’t believe that Tampa Bay had any players with bad contracts and overpaid on the ice tonight.

Cheers

Just means we're blessed with a great team that doesn't give a shit about winning.

I know winning the SC is the goal but a hungry team wants to win it all.

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
Last 10 SC winners (excluding the short season 2013):
2019 Blues - 12th overall
2018 Caps - 6th overall (division winner)
2017 Pens - 2nd overall
2016 Pens - 4th overall
2015 Chicago - 7th overall
2014 LA - 14th overall
2013 Chicago - 1th overall (that was a short season - 48 games only. So players were not tired.)
2012 LA - 13th overall
2011 Boston - 7th overall (division winner)
2010 Chicago - 3rd overall
2009 Pens - 8th overall

Notice something? To win a SC you dont need to be 1st overall and even a division win is not recommended. The average SC winner place is 8th overall. So, think again now.
Only Tampa, in 2004, and Detroit, in 2008, were 1st overall.
You can continue the list and the situation does not change...
2007 Ducks - 4th overall
2006 Carolina - 4th overall
2003 Devils - 4th overall
The last time 2 consecutive 1st overall teams won the Cup was in 2001 and in 2002 (COL and DET).
20 years ago.

Reactions: Hint1k

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017

Cheers

yes and that’s how we played all of last season as well which went really well didn’t it. If you want to be all positive and shit go ahead but you have to understand that it’s pretty difficult for some of us to be happy when we have to watch the same shit every single f***ing year.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
People really should chill out here. There are 82 games and they are all meaningless. Do you need another 60+ wins regular season or a good playoff run? And no you cant have both. We tried last year. It did not work.

Terrible logic, getting 60 wins does not automatically mean you're not going to have a terrible playoff run.

I get your argument that's there's no need to have the perfect regular season to succeed in the playoffs but your examples are awful.

Reactions: Vasilevskiy

RegularSznAllStars

Sep 23, 2014
Going through some adversity early on might be what this team needs to make a deep push, we shouldn't be at our best now.

Definitely agreed. But, at the same time, it is hard to sit back and watch the team suck and Just say “well, they need the adversity!”

But, in the grand scheme of things, early struggles could be good when it matters.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
Tired of this team. That's just it honestly. Half the squad looks like they don't even want to be there and the other half can't do it all. Cooper is a one trick pony that's only successful when the stakes are low. The book on him has been written and distributed to every team in the league. How many years with this jackass and his team still consistently comes into games unprepared and playing down?

Too many passengers on this team and this organization.

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016

Cheers
Jon Cooper overpaid

All skill no grit team

CBJ rocked them

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
Its not just because of this game. Its that we're seeing the same mistakes being made over and over again year after year. Even Stamkos said it in his interview the other day. People are tired of it.
It’s a bad take. These guys don’t care. They showed that in Toronto.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
You know what guys, he's right. It's no big deal that we're already multiple years into our window and we're STILL seeing the same problems we've seen that have cost us Cup opportunities.

No big deal. Yay for regular season warriors!

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
You know what guys, he's right. It's no big deal that we're already multiple years into our window and we're STILL seeing the same problems we've seen that have cost us Cup opportunities.

No big deal. Yay for regular season warriors!

Damn you got me. There’s no other way to look at it other than to compare other years failures. Wheres my torch?

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
I was just gonna say one word BLAH.... yes made mistakes liked serges play better then last game.... after first we were not jelling and cooper put kucherov on double shift and did a little mixing.... we were off that can happen... my thing is that im wanting cooper to try things he did that so its a whatever me myself i do not like the top line at all... not sure my full lines but id like point kucherov palat.... stamkos gourde tyjo.... cirelli killorn joseph .... verhaegh maroon witkowski/paquette for now.... loading up top line expecting them to save us nightly is just not a good look for me.... i get what we did in toronto but i do not see that top line jelling right now.... stamkos has always been this thing he doesnt work greatest with kucherov whatever the reason... palat is hot right now so put him on top.... we are getting basically nothing from the other lines.... is other choices bump up gourde on top i DO not want killer on top line at all though ever..... but can mix things differently.... is what it is they will work it out... i expected though a 4-2 win at worst in our favor.... doubted would post 7.... after watching this on top of the toronto game i even ask myself who in the world could get these guys up every game? cooper kinda did last year in regular season so got to give him some credit on that.... but im not sure who could coach this team at this point and change the way we play to opponents smdh

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad