GDT: 10/11/22 - 7:30PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ New York Rangers

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
Our depth definitely looks like it will cause us issues this year. That top line won't last long before being split up, but I'm already cringing at the thought of anchoring Stamkos or Point with the likes of Hagel and Killorn.
It sucks, but it has to happen until Cirelli gets back.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Special teams kinda dictated the score. Rangers won, but I don't think they should read too much into tonight either.
Agree it is hard to evaluate 5x5 with all the special teams minutes. That also effects the D. I was suprised to see 5 forwards on that 5 on 3 but having both Killer and Perry out there with Kuch, Stammer and Point was kinda redundant. On the Pp I prefer just one net front guy. But Coop does things differently. Hard to blame him. Itā€™s one game it was ugly ad a Ukrainian beauty contestant but thereā€™s another chance Saturday. They will look better but thereā€™s sure some holes in this team.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Looked like a game 1. Plenty of rust. But thatā€™s just par for the course. Vassy looked great!

Also lol at rags fans waiting to chant ā€œIgorā€™s betterā€ when thereā€™s less than 3 min left in a 2 goal game. Absolute cowards.

• Haha
Reactions: Hoek

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
No money for roster move. The team is stuck unless they trade money out. Or someone else gets hurt.
A trade could be the way but, as I said before, the only player with a good contract to "lose" is Killer.
Anyone, in the league, I guess, will be available to acquire him without receiving a prospect or a pick...
It's hard...

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
Namestnikov - Paul - Kucherov
Stammer - Point - Killorn
Hagel - Colton - Koepke
Perry - Bellemare - Maroon

Hedman - Myers
Sergachev - Cernak
Fleury - Foote

f*** it, got to let them try something. Try to figure it out.

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
But itā€™s always a good time to bash a guy that is the heart of the team . What other player on this team would have a rod placed in his leg and wanted to return to a series ????? None. Fans here bash him every year had him traded the last two off seasons. Like Maroon they add things to this team and Killer pots 20 a year. Yet ZCirelli is placed on a pedistal . Many are supporting Hagel who does not fit

Hiw?????
Killorn is at best a 3rd liner now and is 33. He has been a good player, but if tonight is any indication, he has picked up where he left off in the playoffs. He's done in Tampa after this year 100%.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
I wasn't expecting a win but the lack of energy was disappointing. Very few guys looked like they gave a damn. Basically nobody finished checks. Vasy looked frustrated at the BS going on around him. Not reading into game 1 but that still sucked.

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
Namestnikov - Paul - Kucherov
Stammer - Point - Killorn
Hagel - Colton - Koepke
Perry - Bellemare - Maroon

Hedman - Myers
Sergachev - Cernak
Fleury - Foote

f*** it, got to let them try something. Try to figure it out.
I like the d pairs but I'd keep Kuch with Point and see if Names can click with them. Oh and drop Killorn to the 3rd.line, if not lower

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
I like the d pairs but I'd keep Kuch with Point and see if Names can click with them. Oh and drop Killorn to the 3rd.line, if not lower
Yeah Point and Paul are interchangeable in that spot. I just want to see if Big Dick Nick clicks. At least for a period.

Reactions: JTBF81

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Special teams kinda dictated the score. Rangers won, but I don't think they should read too much into tonight either.
They pretty much dominated us.

Our only score was on a 5 on 3.

They were by far the better team.

No way to sugar coat it.

We have elite goaltending and average d and forwards

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Meh we looked exactly the same against the Rangers last regular season. Hard to draw any conclusions about us being worse.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad