GDT: 10/11/22 - 7:30PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ New York Rangers

2014nyr

Jun 14, 2014
Revenge with a regular season game win lmao
no one who knows hockey is thinking that hah...espn gonna espn

lightning are in a way diff place. the rangers had a taste of success that leaves you wanting to prove it wasnt a fluke. tampas been in 3 straight finals with 2 cups....game 1 on the road is gonna be tough for them to match that intensity. hell they couldnt get there in game 1s of playoff series - not saying that to be negative just think human nature makes it tough to get fired up for inconsequential games when you play so many consequential ones so recently.

tampa will be there when it matters again. vasi was unbelievable. roster wise the only thoughts i had were could def see them adding a vet dman and would want to add some speed to the bottom 6. tyler johnson was such a great player to have there, cirelli getting back will be a big boost, but much like i loved having tyler motte, think a guy like him would really help guys like maroon / paul / perry etc become more effective. just impartial 2 cents, no harm intended. personally like to hear non-emotional observations from people breaking down rosters or systems

Reactions: Hoek

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Is Point a $9.5M player ?
Point is a top tier center in the NHL. Perhaps paid 1 mil more than he would be. This however is the direct result in that shitty bridge contract JBB agreed to. I did not like it at the time and it now is costing the team a mil per. He should have been locked up at 8.5 instead of the two year bridge. I’m sure Point would have taken it and the 1 mil in this Cap stressed league would have helped. The two year bridge is becoming common in the league and just inflates a long term deal with those RFA’s. Point is a critical player for this team and if he can stay healthy can be a 100 point player.

Maelmoor

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2004
Stockholm, Sweden
Would been nice with a win but hardly a concern that we lost. I think it's best to have a mindset that it probably won't be a cruise during regular season due to the division being much closer (on paper at least).

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Point is a top tier center in the NHL. Perhaps paid 1 mil more than he would be. This however is the direct result in that shitty bridge contract JBB agreed to. I did not like it at the time and it now is costing the team a mil per. He should have been locked up at 8.5 instead of the two year bridge. I’m sure Point would have taken it and the 1 mil in this Cap stressed league would have helped. The two year bridge is becoming common in the league and just inflates a long term deal with those RFA’s. Point is a critical player for this team and if he can stay healthy can be a 100 point player.

He took a 3 year bridge and no we would not have been better off because we won 2 cups during that time and were extremely cap strapped.

bigdaddio

Jan 22, 2019
That's a good question.
Killer's contract is too bad...Maybe a prospect that step up could be the solution...?

We can solve the Foote problem with Bogo when he is fine
Killorn is not terrible, but he's bad at this stage of his career in the roles he's in. Drop him from special teams and put him in the 3rd line. We really need a better 5th for the power play. Paul, Colton somebody with finish and some speed to get to loose pucks.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
It's all about the playoffs really. He's 9.5 then.

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
To be honest I liked what I saw out of him. He looked dangerous out there, just couldn't finish on his opportunities. It was promising to see flashes of the old Point back after what we saw in the Final.
Yes, true. He needs time to gain again the perfect condition. It's like 5 months he does not play a full game, in a good condition.
My point was different. We all know who Point is and how much talent he has. And, we all know the fact he's (and will be) super important for us. Discuss if he's worth his salary and maybe if he's good enough to earn 9.5M, now, after what he did for us in the last season, is...xD xD xD xD

Killorn is not terrible, but he's bad at this stage of his career in the roles he's in. Drop him from special teams and put him in the 3rd line. We really need a better 5th for the power play. Paul, Colton somebody with finish and some speed to get to loose pucks.
I can agree with that. At least it would be something that is worth a try.
the big issues will come with the post season. His line has to score if we want to succeed...

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
Namestnikov-Stamkos-Kucherov
Hagel-Point-Colton
Killorn-Paul-Koepke

fixed our lines

OffBy1

Aug 5, 2021
Namestnikov-Stamkos-Kucherov
Hagel-Point-Colton
Killorn-Paul-Koepke

fixed our lines
Yes you did! We know Stamkos and Kuch works, Namesy won't tank it. Point is the only center who can hope to elevate Hagel into a top 6 player. Their speed alone should give the opposition trouble. I've wanted to see Colton elevated into the top 6 given his performance last year. And I wouldn't hate seeing Killorn on the third.

Reactions: ccman68

OffBy1

Aug 5, 2021
Is Point a $9.5M player ?
Have you taken a look at what other centers are payed 9.5 or in that neighborhood? Seguin, Kopitar, Toews and Tavares all make more and I wouldn't take any of them over Point.

Last night he was clearly our best forward. His usual competition - Kucherov - was terrible, a one man possession wrecking machine.

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
Last night he was clearly our best forward. His usual competition - Kucherov - was terrible, a one man possession wrecking machine.
lmao ok bud.

Result aside: How did the new guys look?
- myers was unnoticeable, this is a good thing
- koepke started out reaaaalllly bad, jitters probably, but looked better as the game went on. no offense to speak of as of yet
- foote was ....well, the only thing worse than watching foote play defense is the offseason and its a close race
- fluery looked really slow, but i don't remember any real blunders. ok for a #7
- names didn't really have any effect on the game whatsoever, except for a lazy stick penalty, and we have killorn for that

honestly, we just looked slow. especially our defense.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
The only thing uglier than our defense are the ads on this forum.

f***ing ridiculous how many times the page jumps and how you have to carefully navigate the site on mobile to not open 1,408 different ads.
If you have an android phone, I may have just saved your life.

1) Go to Settings > Network & Internet > Advanced > Private DNS
2) Select Private DNS provider hostname.
3) Add -> dns.adguard.com

Now this will get rid of like 90% of all ads on your phone. Browsing the web, some apps, etc... It won't work on YouTube for example. In regards to HFBoards, it blocks all the ads but instead you get this white page telling you to allow ads that you just say no to, before every page you go on to.

This site is getting unbearable

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad