Post-Game Talk: #10 - 10/25/18 | RANGERS @ blackhawks | 8:30 - MSG

3 "Stars" of the Game

• Total voters

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
How is Pionk getting over 28 minutes of ice???? It’s not that he’s a diaster, but i’m not so sure it’s ideal to give a rookie that much ice time unless he was actually playing like an elite #1 dman...
McQuaid got hurt so they had to roll 5 dmen.

Gluten Free Breadman

Mar 9, 2011
ny
How is Pionk getting over 28 minutes of ice???? It’s not that he’s a diaster, but i’m not so sure it’s ideal to give a rookie that much ice time unless he was actually playing like an elite #1 dman...

McQuaid was injured in the first period so it was just Pionk and Shatty on the Right. You can tell by the end of the game how tired they were. I think Smith had a couple of shifts to cover for McQuaid on the right as well.

Fataldogg

Mar 22, 2007
Fans scream to dismantle for a rebuild and to replace the coach.

Team dismantles for a rebuild and replaces the coach.

Fans scream that the team sucks and the coach sucks.

And they are more fun to watch than in 3 years.

In what world is this team more fun? They work hard, but the on ice product isnt entertaining. It's a slog to get through all three periods. I find myself on NHL.tv being more entertained by virtually every other team I watch.

I hated AV, but at least that team scored goals and had some high flying games.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
In what world is this team more fun? They work hard, but the on ice product isnt entertaining. It's a slog to get through all three periods. I find myself on NHL.tv being more entertained by virtually every other team I watch.

I hated AV, but at least that team scored goals and had some high flying games.
Av also had mcdonagh, grabner and Nash so its hard to compare

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
this team has been, for the most part, more fun to watch.

last year watching AV stare into space chewing his gum while his team comes out of the locker room and takes the entire first period off, or the waterskier rick nash glide around and do nothing for 8 mil, or mcd27 at the top of the pp fumbling pucks and shooting it into shin pads or the funny nick holden show. all that eventually got to be too much.

ill take this team over that team. thank you.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
10 games in and some are already losing (lost) patience.

Wait until 10 games in next season.

In regard to “losing patience”, it’s really just been the same ass hats being negative and abusing the limit of free speach to avoid punishment.

Just by looking through the threads, it seems most of the posters who are here to discuss hockey and not use it as a sounding board get that it’s a rebuild, and are willing to stick with it for a while.

Reactions: effen and Riche16

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
I liked hayes a lot this game. His stick was active with the puck and he seemed to just be brimming with confidence. He had high motor plays like that fantastic PK but even later he'd deke and shift to buy time in the O zone. Hope Quinn really rewarded and highlighted this.

Hank was king.

This reminded me of games where people thought we had better teams then we did so even though Hank would play like a God people would go "He got outplayed!!!" with no regard for quality of shots faced or anything. I don't have any idea if people did that for this game but while watching I was thinking that this was the type of game where those kinds of people would straighten their ties and take the spotlight.

The too many men stuff is ridiculous.

They're trying too hard to make perfect plays.

Chytil overskated the puck, couldn't corral it, had it knocked off his stick by his own man and later on he fell down twice when no one was near him. He seemed completely overwhelmed. If he can't get it together next game I think it's past time to send him down. I love the patience they showed, giving him this many games but he needs to learn how to make his own room and hold onto the puck. At least contribute on D and fly around out there.

Richard Banger

Mamba Mentality
Sep 29, 2017
Was Oklahoma now Texas
In regard to “losing patience”, it’s really just been the same ass hats being negative and abusing the limit of free speach to avoid punishment.

Just by looking through the threads, it seems most of the posters who are here to discuss hockey and not use it as a sounding board get that it’s a rebuild, and are willing to stick with it for a while.
I'm just mad because I didn't want this rebuild and now i have to be ok with it. But i do sometimes consider myself an ass hat.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad