Post-Game Talk: #10 - 10/25/18 | RANGERS @ blackhawks | 8:30 - MSG

3 "Stars" of the Game

• Total voters

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Good enough to be a bubble and loose in 1st round after being swept.

5 games, Hank steals one.

But I'm floored by the amount of people here who think that being a shoe in to be the EC version of the Wild is superior to the possibility of being a powerhouse. I know that there are two sides to that coin and that it could also end up terribly, but why settle for assured mediocrity?

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
That was not completely on Pionk. That should have been Smith’s man, but obviously I don’t fault him either because of the broken stick.
Honestly, I intitially stated that Smith was hugely responsible for NOT crushing that guy in front of the net, ESPECIALLY if he lost his stick and the Rangers were in severe danger of allowing a goal. All Smith could muster was flailing his arms in the air after the goal (basically saying, aaah shit, there was nothing I could do to stop it and it wasn't his fault) .Now mind you, I have been supporting Smith's trail to redeem himself.....but for me, to that was bad, really bad.

Reactions: Buchnevich89

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
This is a bad hockey team
I find this statement in line with "extremely negative", unwarranted, and really comes with no "substance". I've seen this post before and not sure if it was you multiple times or others......but being a fan for 50 years, I really take offense as a Rangers fan. It's not necessary, (your opinion) and furthermore is very far from the truth (my opinion) and you know what they say about opinions.....right?

I'd take this Hank led team any day over those arrogant, coke snorting, partying Rangers......of the 90's that WE as fans have spent our hard earned money, being embarassed, filled with disappointment and occasional tears while saying that I am a Rangers fan, especially when confronted by an Islander fan with all those banners, and muliplied when the Devil's surpassed us in the same way.

We may, most probably WILL play bad games (ala Chicago) but I don't think this is a BAD team........not yet, anyway.

Please, please stop the ridiculing, it's not necessary even if it were totally true. I don't come here to READ those type comments......just doesn't add anything worthy and would expect something like that on the main board.....not here. Sorry if I hurt your feelings or anyone else that has made that same statement.

gorangers0525

Dec 15, 2014
I find this statement in line with "extremely negative", unwarranted, and really comes with no "substance". I've seen this post before and not sure if it was you multiple times or others......but being a fan for 50 years, I really take offense as a Rangers fan. It's not necessary, (your opinion) and furthermore is very far from the truth (my opinion) and you know what they say about opinions.....right?

I'd take this Hank led team any day over those arrogant, coke snorting, partying Rangers......of the 90's that WE as fans have spent our hard earned money, being embarassed, filled with disappointment and occasional tears while saying that I am a Rangers fan, especially when confronted by an Islander fan with all those banners, and muliplied when the Devil's surpassed us in the same way.

We may, most probably WILL play bad games (ala Chicago) but I don't think this is a BAD team........not yet, anyway.

Please, please stop the ridiculing, it's not necessary even if it were totally true. I don't come here to READ those type comments......just doesn't add anything worthy and would expect something like that on the main board.....not here. Sorry if I hurt your feelings or anyone else that has made that same statement.

I mean, if there was ever a season where that statement is correct...it’s this one. They were literally designed to be a bad hockey team, and management has all but admitted that. I mean, we have a AHL level player leading defenseman in minutes.

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
Honestly, I intitially stated that Smith was hugely responsible for NOT crushing that guy in front of the net, ESPECIALLY if he lost his stick and the Rangers were in severe danger of allowing a goal. All Smith could muster was flailing his arms in the air after the goal (basically saying, aaah ****, there was nothing I could do to stop it and it wasn't his fault) .Now mind you, I have been supporting Smith's trail to redeem himself.....but for me, to that was bad, really bad.
Good point. I am supporting his path to redemption as well, but I want it to be with another team. Even though he has been doing better, I have a feeling he will regress again. That, and I would rather see Bigras or even Hajek in his spot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad