Post-Game Talk: #10 - 10/25/18 | RANGERS @ blackhawks | 8:30 - MSG

3 "Stars" of the Game

• Total voters

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
No cohesion on offense. Hayes looked good I thought. That’s about it.

No shots. Hank playing great and getting no goal support. I know this team is limited on talent but come on. Maybe limited on talent to be a playoff team but not even be able to generate shots or score any goals?

I mean scoring 14 total in goals in Lundqvist’s 8 starts is abhorrent. It’s one thing for the D to be a problem and bleed chances but there’s enough forward talent that they should be scoring goals.

Reactions: Ori

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
@will066 whaddaya mean Boooo? I said Marc was a defensive Staalwart.......Boo is on the IR or DL or whatever you call it. Duh.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
No cohesion on offense. Hayes looked good I thought. That’s about it.

No shots. Hank playing great and getting no goal support. I know this team is limited on talent but come on. Maybe limited on talent to be a playoff team but not even be able to generate shots or score any goals?

I mean scoring 14 total in goals in Lundqvist’s 8 starts is abhorrent. It’s one thing for the D to be a problem and bleed chances but there’s enough forward talent that they should be scoring goals.

Is there?

If Kreider and/or Zibanejad have an off night, this team is lucky to score 2.

Reactions: jas

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
I wonder if Ryan Spooner's agent got double than what he would usually get by getting him that contract.

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
I chose Hayes.. He was doing everything ... He was everywhere.. He just needs to shoot more so we can build up some trade value
Thank you. How did I forget him? I was looking at every name in the list, and somehow I missed Hayes. Even though there were a couple times where he made me angry, he did do a lot of good things today, especially that one sequence on the PK.

Reactions: shinchanuuhh

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
That was the only game this season that wasn't at all enjoyable viewing in any way.
True and quite surprised. Its like Chicago wqs very dis-interested and did the absolute minimium in defeating us. I thought Hayes had a very effortful game, Buch was good while it lasted (why the benching?) And Hank was absolutely prime Hank.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
Did Chicago “build from within”, “just let the kids play” , or “not draft high because there are other teams who drafted high and didn't win the cup”, so they didnt want to go that route either”?

You know what's funny..Tallon pretty much turned that team completely around but because he also did a few shady things, he's never gotten any credit for the work he's done for that franchise.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Btw that second goal, I know Smith had a broken stick and it was his man and all, but the fact that Schmaltz was even able to get that pass through is on Pionk. Why the hell is he cross checking his man? Body up your man and keep your stick down to take the passing lane away. Poor plays all around but Pionk especially.

Reactions: TheTakedown

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
True and quite surprised. Its like Chicago wqs very dis-interested and did the absolute minimium in defeating us. I thought Hayes had a very effortful game, Buch was good while it lasted (why the benching?) And Hank was absolutely prime Hank.
Buch didn't get benched. Chytil did

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Is there?

If Kreider and/or Zibanejad have an off night, this team is lucky to score 2.
It’s not great but there’s enough they shouldn’t be scoring 14 goals total in 8 games.

Between Kreider, Zib, Zucc, Hayes and Buch along with Shatty there’s enough that they should be able to be at least mediocre. Not flat out bad.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
Whatever is in the water prevents this team from playing structured hockey. Everybody freelances out there. Hawks also had our number at the offensive blue line. They broke up so much sh&t at their blue line. And the amount of flailing on 50/50 battles and loose pucks, I've never seen such ineptitude and lack of eye-hand coordination. Nothing indicates otherwise that Buch will have a future here. It's also time to trade Skjei if possible and let him develop elsewhere in a different environment, because AV ruined him and he's beyond repair.

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
Btw that second goal, I know Smith had a broken stick and it was his man and all, but the fact that Schmaltz was even able to get that pass through is on Pionk. Why the hell is he cross checking his man? Body up your man and keep your stick down to take the passing lane away. Poor plays all around but Pionk especially.
That was not completely on Pionk. That should have been Smith’s man, but obviously I don’t fault him either because of the broken stick.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI

Smith did quite a few things tonight that make me question why he's even on this team to be honest.

member 116805

So the new NHL is passing not shooting? But let's bitch when players pass?
Am I getting this right?

Reactions: Ola

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Rush street can be a beast. I think we are gonna be in for a beatdown on this road trip. The tank is not whats happening here......they seem to be trying, they just really are kind of lousy and have no real identity.

Kind of like when Skeji, Vesey and Hayes woke up this morning in each others arms and saying......who are we? Where are we?

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I refuse to believe it was all a lack of skill after watching this team most the season. The Hawks aren't THAT much better than us. There are 4-1 losses and then there are 4-1 losses. If we played half as well as we did against Calgary I wouldn't upset. But that was extremely disappointing. I was proud of this team until this game.

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
Whatever is in the water prevents this team from playing structured hockey. Everybody freelances out there. Hawks also had our number at the offensive blue line. They broke up so much sh&t at their blue line. And the amount of flailing on 50/50 battles and loose pucks, I've never seen such ineptitude and lack of eye-hand coordination. Nothing indicates otherwise that Buch will have a future here. It's also time to trade Skjei if possible and let him develop elsewhere in a different environment, because AV ruined him and he's beyond repair.
Maybe a slight overreaction?

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
That was not completely on Pionk. That should have been Smith’s man, but obviously I don’t fault him either because of the broken stick.
Pionk’s stick is in the air leaving that space for Schmaltz to make the pass. If his stick is down he can block it or Schmaltz won’t try and force it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad