Post-Game Talk: #10 - 10/25/18 | RANGERS @ blackhawks | 8:30 - MSG

3 "Stars" of the Game

• Total voters

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
Maybe a slight overreaction?

Nah. This team doesn't win the 50/50 battles and part of the reason why they're chasing a lot lately. They were hitting their passes in the earlier games but that's been nonexistent the past two games.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
You know what's funny..Tallon pretty much turned that team completely around but because he also did a few shady things, he's never gotten any credit for the work he's done for that franchise.

Also Papa Wertz decided it was time his lil boy Rocky could take the team and stop running it like shit.

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
Nah. This team doesn't win the 50/50 battles and part of the reason why they're chasing a lot lately. They were hitting their passes in the earlier games but that's been nonexistent the past two games.
I mean, they did look gassed. I’m willing to call this game a fluke, only because they have been playing pretty well for most of the season thus far. But honestly, this is kind of what I expected a rebuilding team to look like. If anything, this doesn’t surprise me as much as the first few games did, where they played well.

Fvital92

Jul 7, 2017
Brazil
Benching your most talented offensive talent in the 3rd, when down a goal... not a good look..

It wasn't a hustle issue, was it? It happened after the turnover behind the net.. I thought Quinn said he wouldn't punish that
Chytil didn't even have clean control of the puck on that play. Asinine move by Quinn.

Baby Punisher

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
I see a lot of good things that this team is doing on a game to game basis. They are starting to get consistency in various aspects of the game. But, they neglect other aspects like the offense. Things will start to fall into place at some point down the line. It appears to be moving forward the Defense is going to be built around Pionk. The kid looks like a well rounded poised player and he has less than a year of NHL experience. I hate seeing these great efforts being by Lundqvist being wasted. They gotta start scoring some goals.

Fvital92

Jul 7, 2017
Brazil
ADA has to play. At this point forget any issues you have with him or his personality. He’s much better than half the guys we put out tonight
With McQuaid and Claesson out he has to play. Hopefully he will get 3 points next game and they will have to maintain him in the lineup.

Baby Punisher

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
I see a lot of good things that this team is doing on a game to game basis. They are starting to get consistency in various aspects of the game. But, they neglect other aspects like the offense. Things will start to fall into place at some point down the line. It appears to be moving forward the Defense is going to be built around Pionk. The kid looks like a well rounded poised player and he has less than a year of NHL experience. I hate seeing these great efforts being by Lundqvist being wasted. They gotta start scoring some goals.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
ADA needs to play. Pionk looks OK, but he's not good by any means. If anything, with McQuaid needing a day off and Claesson still out, I think ADA will finally get some playing time to showcase his skills.

Pionk has a lot to learn. He's got the basics and he is coachable, but he's not a top pairing defenseman......yet... He could be if he starts suppressing shots

Reactions: Vinny DeAngelo

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
This is the lineup I dress next game:

Zibanejad - Namestnikov - Buchnevich
Vesey - Howden - Zuccarello
Kreider - Chytil - Fast
Spooner - Hayes - McLeod

Skjei - DeAngelo
Smith - Shattenkirk
Staal - McQuaid

Lundqvist

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
I mean, they did look gassed. I’m willing to call this game a fluke, only because they have been playing pretty well for most of the season thus far. But honestly, this is kind of what I expected a rebuilding team to look like. If anything, this doesn’t surprise me as much as the first few games did, where they played well.

They didn't exact go up against a juggernaut, but the Hawks seemed ready to play with their zone-type D. Also just a lot of breakdowns, but the Hawks didn't bury half their chances, and it was still 4-1.

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
ADA needs to play. Pionk looks OK, but he's not good by any means. If anything, with McQuaid needing a day off and Claesson still out, I think ADA will finally get some playing time to showcase his skills.

Pionk has a lot to learn. He's got the basics and he is coachable, but he's not a top pairing defenseman......yet... He could be if he starts suppressing shots
I thought Pionk looked really good some parts of the game. Other parts, kind of rough. But overall, relative to his teammates, he was one of our “best” players tonight. Which is not saying much.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad