GDT: 10/10/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
Capitals video guy is so good at this stuff.
Is it not NBC national right now?

Either way, the local NBC crew is super bad at replays too. It always takes them like 5 straight minutes to show a replay if at all, and it’s often the worst angle they could choose lol.

BackToTheBasics

Dec 26, 2013
He has literally become a slower player even at his full speed. He just looks very heavy. He’s not exactly tough along the boards consistently either.

Not an insult, just an observation
He's never been good along the boards. And you're right, 33 year old Ovechkin isn't as fast as 20 year old Ovechkin... more news at 11. He looks faster and more agile this year than he did last year or even 5-6 years ago.

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
Wow. Watching Kuznetsov play is just such a treat. Does everything right.
I love him. It seems some players have to adjust to him first, cuz he passes when they don’t expect it... but the fact he’ll pass to anyone any time and pull it off makes him one of my favorite passers

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Is it not NBC national right now?

The guy who works for the Capitals who sits up high and reviews the plays immediately then calls down to the bench. Last season they Capitals won almost, if not every, offside challenge.

Brett Leonhardt and Tim Ohashi are the guys who make the calls.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
God I hate that stupid ****ing rule.
This is a textbook case of when the rule is useful, though. This wasn't a ticky-tack offense that made no difference to the outcome of the play, this was a situation in which an off-sides player shielded the puck from the defense. Without the offsides player, there's a decent chance the zone entry is denied.

Reactions: Drakon

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
he's my fav all time and this is pretty obvious, however the most impressive part is that even with all that considered, he still scores at ridiculous paces
Agree 100%. Was never insulting his game necessarily. All I care about is results, and he gets them. I do appreciate very much his tougher defensive play though. He makes some legit big time defensive plays sometimes that he never would have made in years past

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
Didn’t say he floats 100% of the time.... but he doesn’t skate as hard as often as in the past... there’s a reason Tom Wilson is on his line, and that he doesn’t score a ton of individual efforts as he used to.

I’m an Ovechkin fan, and it’s still working for him so I don’t really care. But there is a noticeable difference in his skating between now and 5 years ago, and 10 years ago.

Oh for sure he has slowed down and doesn't skate as hard as often. But it seems he started to play a better defensive game last season and have seen that a couple of times already this season.
Prior to that I used to get so annoyed with how lazy he could be and how often he turned the puck over. He really seems to have improved in that area (okay he's still no Selke winner but at least he's improved).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad