OT: 10,000 Pt XXXIX - But it's too early for Next Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.

slocal

Dude...what?
May 4, 2010
Central Coast CA
Speaking of sandwiches, I made myself some cheeseburgers. The wife is away for the week and she supplied me with 3lbs of ground sirloin. I decided to make some bacon and chipotle mayo to go along with them:

slochip1.jpg

slochip4.jpg

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I talked about avatars last week, and I know the season starts tomorrow, but I'm gonna be a few more days. I have what I think is a strong idea, but I've not been happy with any of my work so far and haven't settled yet on a design that I feel a) captures the essence of what I want from the theme and b) is of enough quality for me to be proud of it. I've also been busy and haven't had as much time as I wanted to work on them. After the next couple of days I should hopefully be a little more free to really try and hammer something out.

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
Do we have any reptile hobbyists on this board? I finally took the plunge on an animal I have wanted for a looong time.

Taking my first steps towards getting a cage built for 2 Ackie monitors. They should be arriving in January-Feb depending on when they hatch. Very nervous and excited. There's a lot to do between now and then.:help:

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Do we have any reptile hobbyists on this board? I finally took the plunge on an animal I have wanted for a looong time.

Taking my first steps towards getting a cage built for 2 Ackie monitors. They should be arriving in January-Feb depending on when they hatch. Very nervous and excited. There's a lot to do between now and then.:help:

ummm tweet Burnzie? become lizard buddies with him

slocal

Dude...what?
May 4, 2010
Central Coast CA
I had an albino corn snake, iguana, and used to design packaging for Zoo Med. The albino got donated to a zoo and the iguana (named Beavis) died in his teenage years. The pets were gone about 15 years ago. The only challange with big lizards, is keeping their environment clean. So many food options available now.

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
I had an albino corn snake, iguana, and used to design packaging for Zoo Med. The albino got donated to a zoo and the iguana (named Beavis) died in his teenage years. The pets were gone about 15 years ago. The only challange with big lizards, is keeping their environment clean. So many food options available now.

The nice thing about the Ackies is they get to a manageable size 2'. It's just a matter of building a large enough enclosure.

<3 Dubia's. I wish I used them sooner. Not having to worry about cricket smells and noises.

slocal

Dude...what?
May 4, 2010
Central Coast CA
The nice thing about the Ackies is they get to a manageable size 2'. It's just a matter of building a large enough enclosure.

<3 Dubia's. I wish I used them sooner. Not having to worry about cricket smells and noises.

Man, crickets stink! Not sure my grandparents would've let me bring roaches into the house, though. :laugh:

Be sure to post pics on your progress and when you get your kids!

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
That surface book is sexy. If I didn't get a macbook last year, I'd be all in for a surface book.

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
Man, crickets stink! Not sure my grandparents would've let me bring roaches into the house, though. :laugh:

Be sure to post pics on your progress and when you get your kids!

Will definitely post pictures. Right now my apartment feels empty. I only have a lone crested gecko. Should be nice when I get my 4x2x3 cage built for the ackies.

You have to start people off with the young dubias and they are usually fine with them. Look like pill bugs. If you show them an adult male... good luck.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Remind me never to go camping with my family again. All weekend, they were either drinking, telling sex or fart jokes, complaining, or yelling at each other. What a waste of my time.

Oh yeah, it's almost 2am here, and there are people screaming and yelling outside for the third night in a row. Have some respect for others. I mean, I usually have trouble sleeping, and I was awake anyway, but still...

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Congrats, Nem and all you other Blue Jays fans. What a crazy game.

That was seriously teh most intense sporting event I've ever watched. More than any of the olympic hockey games or anything for the Sharks (sorry). Between the crazy, undecipherable rules, the drunken idiots in the crowd, the bench clearing, and Jose Bautista's hilarious, "**** you" revenge HR, that was just freaking insane.

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
That was seriously teh most intense sporting event I've ever watched. More than any of the olympic hockey games or anything for the Sharks (sorry). Between the crazy, undecipherable rules, the drunken idiots in the crowd, the bench clearing, and Jose Bautista's hilarious, "**** you" revenge HR, that was just freaking insane.

Too bad it's the Cubs year. Back to the Future predicted it :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad