OT: 10,000 Pt XXXIX - But it's too early for Next Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.

slocal

Dude...what?
May 4, 2010
Central Coast CA
Nah it's about as heavy as an anorexic baby. I also just got the shoes and pedals that let me clip my feet into the pedals and goddamn the difference is huge. I can turn on the jets now and go from 0 to 100 real quick as opposed to taking a few minutes to get up to speed.

I wanna get a carbon fiber water bottle holder but $50 for one of those?? Cam awhn.

Them shoes is called "clipless," bro. Yeah, I'm clipless, too. It's more efficient since you now can apply power on the upstroke.

Have you been professionally fitted to your bike yet? A lot of people skip that step, but it's so important to get all you can out of your bike and to avoid injuries.

Last edited:

Mafoofoo

Jawesome
Jul 3, 2010
Laguna Beach
Yeah I got fitted which took some time since I guess I'm between the 56 and 58 sized Cannondales. So it was alot of "ok get on, ok get off" then they tinker, repeat for about an hour.

bluefunnel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 30, 2005
So where are our food gurus for that Halloween Whopper?

I enjoyed it quite a bit. It had a hint of that classic Whopper taste with a little kick added by the A-1 sauce.

As Slocal said though, the dye might have some effects.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
I've been playing board games with my friends the last couple weeks. Catan and The Resistance: Avalon are great. It's really fun lying and twisting logic.

slocal

Dude...what?
May 4, 2010
Central Coast CA
Never heard of those games, but I do loves me some backstabish games.

Going to grab some Mr Pickles for lunch. Italian Stallion is mah flava, yo!

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Never heard of those games, but I do loves me some backstabish games.

Going to grab some Mr Pickles for lunch. Italian Stallion is mah flava, yo!

I'd really recommend The Resistance:Avalon. Very fun when everybody gets a little inebriated since it's one of those games where people have to figure out who the bad characters are and the logic gets really messed up when people can't think totally straight.

slocal

Dude...what?
May 4, 2010
Central Coast CA
The last remaining Quizno's in Morgan Hill shut down and got replaced by one of these. How good are they?

Dude, they make Quizno's seem like a hospital cafeteria. I highly recommend the Dutch crunch roll. Each shop also has its own local sandwiches. You can't go wrong, really. Free cookie, too!

They are pretty much like Togo's used to be in the 80's/90's.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Dude, they make Quizno's seem like a hospital cafeteria. I highly recommend the Dutch crunch roll. Each shop also has its own local sandwiches. You can't go wrong, really. Free cookie, too!

They are pretty much like Togo's used to be in the 80's/90's.

It kinda sounds like Ike's Sandwiches. Dutch crunch, local sandwiches, etc.

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
I have plenty of untried burgers on my list. I don't need to add on a Burger King gimmick.

The last remaining Quizno's in Morgan Hill shut down and got replaced by one of these. How good are they?

The Mr. Pickles in Morgan Hill isn't nearly as good as the Campbell & Los Gatos locations for some reason. (less selection, isn't as fresh)

My wife loves Pickles, but I prefer Ike's or Jersey Mike's, or even a good Togo's.

slocal

Dude...what?
May 4, 2010
Central Coast CA
They're pretty independent as franchises, so I suppose the good come with the mediocre. We have two on the central coast and they're both the best sandwich shops by far. Never stingy with the meats.

Finding a good Togo's is a grail quest at times.

drunksage

lol light beer
Jan 13, 2007
Hendertucky-ish
The Mr. Pickles in Morgan Hill isn't nearly as good as the Campbell & Los Gatos locations for some reason. (less selection, isn't as fresh)

My wife loves Pickles, but I prefer Ike's or Jersey Mike's, or even a good Togo's.

Great to know, thanks for the insight!

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
Finding a good Togo's is a grail quest at times.

Campbell's Pruneyard location, Almaden & Camden, and the one at Snell & Blossom Hill are three that stand out for me.

The one on 1st near Hedding by the superior court is pretty nasty.

Quiznos used to be great but their quality has declined tremendously since their mass franchisee walkout 10 years or so ago. The only ones I know of that still exist is on Hillsdale near Target and across from UC Santa Clara.

slocal

Dude...what?
May 4, 2010
Central Coast CA
Campbell's Pruneyard location, Almaden & Camden, and the one at Snell & Blossom Hill are three that stand out for me.

The one on 1st near Hedding by the superior court is pretty nasty.

Quiznos used to be great but their quality has declined tremendously since their mass franchisee walkout 10 years or so ago. The only ones I know of that still exist is on Hillsdale near Target and across from UC Santa Clara.

Definitely going to check out the Pruneyard one next week. Thanks, Bizz :)

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007
Capriotti's is a pretty good sandwich place but I don't know if it's in places outside of LA and Vegas.

Have them in Reno, they are good, but the one near me is a freaking mad house and the employee's are rude as can be. They are clearly understaffed and overworked and have developed this "If you don't like it, go to hell" attitude. It's tough to go in there anymore honestly.

Mafoofoo

Jawesome
Jul 3, 2010
Laguna Beach
The one in Glendora is full of super chill people who sometimes give free drinks or chips no reason. It's nice. The cheesesteak place in San Dimas, Phillys Best though, is super terrible. Everyone there is crazy rude.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad