OT: 10,000 Pt XLII - The Bouncing Turd

Status
Not open for further replies.

slocal

Dude...what?
May 4, 2010
Central Coast CA
Fight me. Right now. There's nothing better than a well-made ham & pineapple (aka, for those that want a weird bit of Canadiana that makes no sense, a "Hawaiian" in Canada)

As long as it's made with cubed/chunked ham and not deli slices.

You would have liked our pie. We used to slice chunky bits off a smoked leg of ham. Mr Sabetta would scold me if I made them too even because he wanted it obvious to the customer the ham -and all meats- were hand-sliced on demand.

He also never approved of the way I made the antipasto salads, lol. Hope he mellowed out in his retirement in Hawai'i. He did gift me his sauce recipe.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
You would have liked our pie. We used to slice chunky bits off a smoked leg of ham. Mr Sabetta would scold me if I made them too even because he wanted it obvious to the customer the ham -and all meats- were hand-sliced on demand.

He also never approved of the way I made the antipasto salads, lol. Hope he mellowed out in his retirement in Hawai'i. He did gift me his sauce recipe.

That sounds perfect. I hate the slices because they disappear into the cheese. I want a nice salty, smokey bit of ham and a sweet pop of juicy pineapple in every bite.

Reactions: slocal

slocal

Dude...what?
May 4, 2010
Central Coast CA
After 20+ years of looking for T2 Sour Meltdowns, I finally have them in my posession again!

No, I will not eat them. They were made in 1990, lol.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Make it a Squeezit and I'm down.

The best parts of those things was filling htem back up with water and having impromptu squirtgun fights.

Unless you were that one person who was total tool and squirted at people when it was still full of juice.

Mafoofoo

Jawesome
Jul 3, 2010
Laguna Beach
The Costco near me decided to be “healthier” and ditch the chocolate vanilla swirl frozen yogurt for vanilla and acai berry.

Used As A Shield

Aug 10, 2011
Yeah, bad anchovies are just...bad. Good anchovies should not be a bad "fishy" at all. They are the secret salt/umami in a lot of my dishes.

Hell, you think all these guys hate caesar salads? :laugh:

Luckily the place I get my pizza from uses Merro fillets. Really lucky when you consider they make celiac-safe GF crusts, too.
Ever since being diagnosed celiac, my biggest cravings are deep dish pizzas and calzones or stromboli..... ugh, so hard to find. Beer was hard to give up because it was such a large part of my life as well, and a lot of the gluten free variants are just terrible, so I have gravitated to wines and tequila.

slocal

Dude...what?
May 4, 2010
Central Coast CA
Ever since being diagnosed celiac, my biggest cravings are deep dish pizzas and calzones or stromboli..... ugh, so hard to find. Beer was hard to give up because it was such a large part of my life as well, and a lot of the gluten free variants are just terrible, so I have gravitated to wines and tequila.

Fellow celiac! Yooooooo!

Man, deep dishes were my jam, too. Buttery, crispy, chewy, pillowy crust of yum. Dammit, lol. Now it's all thin crusts for me.

Have you tried Glutenberg's blonde ale? It's pretty decent. Certainly not a real beer, but it tastes pretty close and can hold a head if you pour right.

Used As A Shield

Aug 10, 2011
Fellow celiac! Yooooooo!

Man, deep dishes were my jam, too. Buttery, crispy, chewy, pillowy crust of yum. Dammit, lol. Now it's all thin crusts for me.

Have you tried Glutenberg's blonde ale? It's pretty decent. Certainly not a real beer, but it tastes pretty close and can hold a head if you pour right.
Yep, it is one of the few that are tolerable for me, but I was always an oatmeal stout kind of guy :/

Used As A Shield

Aug 10, 2011
Haha, I was all about drinking mud, too! I really miss Old Rasputin.
Mmmm, damn I miss those. I think my monthly rotation was between Obsidian, Velvet Merlin, Rasputin and Breakfast stout.... ahhh the good old days. How long have you been celiac? I got diagnosed after my mother passed from a quick bout of cancer in 2015 (which really made me get emotionally into the cup run, as if she was cosmically helping somehow), doctors think the stress triggered the reaction for me. Bleh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce