Post-Game Talk: #1 - Rangers @ Hawks [Warning #102]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
A lot of people are going to need to get a better handle on their nerves here or it's going to be a long difficult season for you.

Anyway, I thought the Rangers played pretty well. Lundqvist needed to be good, but I wouldn't call it a stand on his head performance. Lots of clear views and easy saves.

Not too worried about the quick whistle, since the refs basically gifted the Hawks a goal earlier on the blown icing call.

Agreed on everything.

Team played very well, overall. Hank played very well. This panic mode crap has got to stop, though. It's the first game and it's already a nuthouse.

RangersOwnNewYork*

Because Hank won the game against the defending champs in their house. The rest of the team watched.

Come on man. Hank played great but he did not stand on his head. Most players had decent to good games except for Girardi. They just beat the champs in their own barn. This team is going to win a ton of games again this year.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Lindberg line was outstanding tonight. I already love watching Stalberg play. Amazing to see someone as big as him that's able to skate that quick and lay the body while getting in on the forecheck.

Thought the Stepan and Moore lines were kinda just there tonight. Some good shifts and some bad. I don't think the Brassard line has gotten out of its zone yet.

Stepans' line generated some good looks and scored that goal but didn't generate much sustained pressure. Then again, the rest of the team didn't really either

Long ways still to go and I'm sure the Rangers won't be totally happy with how the yplayed

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Chicago looked in midseason form especially after the 1st period. Rangers still generated some good chances Crawford had to stop but Hawks just looked sharp and ready to hit the ground running, while the Rangers looked off and out of sync.

I didn't think the Rangers looked off at all until they went into their man-prevent. And despite how off they looked in terms of transition, in terms of D zone coverage they were fine. That's a huge improvement over the early part of the last two years, if it maintains.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Stepans' line generated some good looks and scored that goal but didn't generate much sustained pressure. Then again, the rest of the team didn't really either

Long ways still to go and I'm sure the Rangers won't be totally happy with how the yplayed

Agreed. Like I said, they had some moments but overall just a meh game to me. Miller - Lindberg - Stalberg was by far the most effective line tonight.

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Oct 8, 2010
because the Rangers were absolute **** in the 2nd and 3rd periods and got lucky that they even won.

I don't know how anyone can actually believe this, honestly, and regardless, luck is required to win in this league. 2nd period was bad, yeah, I'll give you that, but in the 3rd the Rangers gave up maybe two primo chances. It was a very tight period all around.

Igor Shestyorkin

#26, the sickest of 'em all.
Apr 17, 2015
Moscow, RUS
Come on man. Hank played great but he did not stand on his head. Most players had decent to good games except for Girardi. They just beat the champs in their own barn. This team is going to win a ton of games again this year.

Nash, Brass, Zucc, Staal, Boyle, Girardi all sucked. McDonagh, Hayes, Stepan, Klein, Stoll were all mediocre/pretty good, and Lindberg, Stalberg, Yandle, Miller, Kreider, Moore, Fast were all good. Hank was unreal.

Killem Dafoe

Hold my baby, man.
Jun 19, 2010
Land of Corn
Hawks area a better offensive team imo and were keeping the Rangers pinned in their zone for stretches. Ranger forwards had to so much D that they were too exhausted to put in the offensive pressure as it progressed.

Yeah, we fizzled out there. The team is still finding their groove, and that's fine by me. I agree the Hawks are better offensively, but we found a way to win it. Ugly at times, but we pulled it off and Hank was in beast mode. I'm happy with the game.

NYRKING30

Apr 29, 2011
NYC
Chicago looked pretty good, but they spent a lot of time skating with the puck and passing to each other without creating much.

Agreed. You know the reaction here we aren't supposed to have a shot go through or a goal scored. The opposing side must not get past Center Ice.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY

What did you watch? He made tons of very tough saves on very high percentage scoring chances.

Perfect on his edges, intelligent reads on every save...unreal game by him.

32 saves total, 14 in the 3rd period alone.

Igor Shestyorkin

#26, the sickest of 'em all.
Apr 17, 2015
Moscow, RUS
I don't know how anyone can actually believe this, honestly, and regardless, luck is required to win in this league. 2nd period was bad, yeah, I'll give you that, but in the 3rd the Rangers gave up maybe two primo chances. It was a very tight period all around.

They got absolutely dominated in the cycle game in the 3rd and could barely keep it out of their own zone.

OverTheCap

Jan 3, 2009
Stoll is a good addition to the 4th line. Obvious upgrade over Glass and an improvement over some of the other players on last year's 4th line like Stempniak and Sheppard.

Lindberg and his linemates were pretty impressive. Kreider was good but I wish he would hit the net more. Nash-Brass-Zucc was lousy, Nash had a few opportunities to put the game away and couldn't do it.

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
the transition out of d zone was terrible tonight but hopefully it gets better with playing more games at regular season speed. also, panarin looks like someone that can really challenge for the calder. him and kane were the most dangerous players on the ice tonight.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Oh I also think it's absolute ****ing ******** the Blackhawks had no penalties called against them until the refs were forced to call penalties for two guys fighting on the ice

IN fact it's probably BS that there was only 1 penalty all game.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
What did you watch? He made tons of very tough saves on very high percentage scoring chances.

Perfect on his edges, intelligent reads on every save...unreal game by him.

32 saves total, 14 in the 3rd period alone.

I didn't think he stood on his head either. Tons of clear looks

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
because the Rangers were absolute **** in the 2nd and 3rd periods and got lucky that they even won.

So we came to the defending champs' house on banner night and went up 3-1 and you expect no push back? Look I get on them for the shell as much as anyone, but seems like given the circumstances this was a good win. We're very very spoiled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad