Post-Game Talk: #1 - Rangers @ Hawks [Warning #102]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Tough start, Hawks seemed to be in midseason form and the Rangers D and forwards were not in sync in the slightest. Lot of bad passing in the defensive zone. Also seemed like the Hawks top forwards were out there every shift after they got behind so it's tough to always have Kane or Toews or Hossa or whoever bearing down on you shift after shift after shift.

got a bit lucky on the no goal call...classic "intent to blow" situation, puck was under Lundqvist's pad but not secure enough to completely keep it from moving. Ref lost sight of it and blew the play dead like he's supposed to though

I imagine teh Rangers aren't happy with this game other than winning it and hopefully will work out some of their issues

Blueshirt Believer

Feb 28, 2012
Another year, another season....

I thought Miller was the best player out there tonight. Constant effort. Constantly trying to create something and was always visible. Hank was also solid.

I thought Dan Girardi was hands down the worst player on the ice(for both teams). Its too early in the season to panic with him. But, Dan has always been consistent in having at least one or two major brain farts in a game. In this game, he had like 4 or 5. I've never considered him a first pairing Dman but I expect he will tighten up. If he doesn't its time to get McD a proper partner.

NYRKING30

Apr 29, 2011
NYC
A lot of people are going to need to get a better handle on their nerves here or it's going to be a long difficult season for you.

Anyway, I thought the Rangers played pretty well. Lundqvist needed to be good, but I wouldn't call it a stand on his head performance. Lots of clear views and easy saves.

Not too worried about the quick whistle, since the refs basically gifted the Hawks a goal earlier on the blown icing call.

I think too much of HFNYR has picked up the NFL syndrome where they react on a game to game basis. :shakehead

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Lundqvist, so hot right now.

Hank looked good, the whole 3rd line looked awesome, Yandle and Boyle both looked good. McDonagh and Staal were so-so.

I thought Klein looked not good and Girardi looked pretty bad, but he did save a goal with like just over a minute left.

Although some don't like Stoll, that 4th line was effective all night. Moore-Stoll-Fast were doing great things cycling down low and getting scoring chances and making plays. It was refreshing to see the 4th line not be a straight up liability, which is what they are with Glass.

Nash-Brass-Zucc looked off tonight.

Kreider needs to use his speed more, like he did on Hjarlmarson in the 1st. Hayes is a little clunky out there as a wing but I'm looking forward to seeing them grow as a line.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Miller wasn't worse than any other forward out there tonight in terms of passing or neutral zone play or defensive play, not sure why someone would single him out there, and he was far more effective offensively than the entire Nash line

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Yeah I don't get it Miller was one of our better players.

Last edited by a moderator:

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
They won.

tumblr_ntvqfhocEu1qln7quo1_250.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway