Post-Game Talk: 1 outta 2 ain't bad, Jets lose 5-2

johnnyonthspot

Apr 1, 2012
Jets didn’t take advantage of great scoring chances in first period and it cost them!

Tough to battle the opposition Knights and NHL reffing

Pionk was garbage

wheezer and Needtorideher pretend top 6

Jets need traffic in front of Brosucks !

really got away from what worked in game 1
Well said hopefully Ehlers can get back in and push nino back to the third line.

Inanna

Maybe this year...
Sponsor
Aug 29, 2022
I loved the first game and I loved the first period of this one. As several people have said, we went into the home of the best team in the conference and took a victory. That's what we focus on. It's now a new best of 5 series and we have the home ice advantage.

I'm so keyed up from this game I don't think I'll get to sleep soon. Maybe if I read some Jane Austen...

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
I feel you man.

But There was lots of positive to take from this game. Our PK is amazing. helle was incredible. Samberg is a player. We have Ehlers ready in the wing to return our team. Lots of good looks from the boys. Remember there’s two teams playing. We, as jets fans focus on our boys more but Brossoit played well and Vegas really gave it their all tonight.

We are taking it back to the peg with the whiteout waiting and a chance to put them on their heels.
Vegas played like their backs were up against the wall. We need to match that intensity.

I’m normally more negative than the air temperature in Churchill in January, but I’m alright with where we are at. I won’t panic until we lose at home. We got the split, which is honestly almost as good as Arby’s gotting the meat.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
I loved the first game and I loved the first period of this one. As several people have said, we went into the home of the best team in the conference and took a victory. That's what we focus on. It's now a new best of 5 series and we have the home ice advantage.

I'm so keyed up from this game I don't think I'll get to sleep soon. Maybe if I read some Jane Austen...

Mr Darcy can put anyone to sleep.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Well you expected a response from a team that has some Stanley Cup experience.

4 periods of domination by the Jets came to a crashing end.

I was really disappointed with Mark Scheifele tonight. I think I yelled at him the most. Half hearted faceoff attempted followed by a half hearted check going to the net and that's your GWG. Long shift on the long change 2nd gave Vegas their first taste of a lead in this series.

I think Bones is going to have to make some adjustment to the top 6. Wheeler and Niedrreiter as a winger tandem can't last, there is simply not enough speed there. Watching them backcheck doggedly on the 4-2 goal was quite disappointing.

Top guns didn't get the job done tonight, checking lines played the right way...

Not worth staying up for.

f*** Sportsnet, and Garry Galley, as a Canadian team you think we'd get some support, but you'd think we were watching a Vegas home broadcast.

f*** Vegas, their shitty dance music, and annoying PA announcer who has to announce every sponsored moment on the ice.

Back to Winnipeg for the Whiteout, I hope there are some changes to the lineup for game 3.
Right now, without Ehlers on the 2nd line, we don't have a sniper that can score, and lack a lot of speed as well. If I was the Coach, I'd consider dropping one of Connor, Dubois or Scheifele down to the 2nd line, to give our lines more balance, and a scoring threat on that 2nd line. We will need that. Just hope Ehlers is back in, and I think he's close to being ready to go. -- hopefully.

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
A little bit of lazy play led to the first goal against and after that the Jets just lost their confidence. It goes to show how fragile of a team they are.
When they’re confident they’re playing great but when they’re not confident, the wheels just fall off. And that way all year so I guess we shouldn’t be surprised.

AlaskaJet

Retrieves pucks and ducks
Sep 29, 2017
Olympia, Washington (from Ft. Garry)
More than ever we need that second line as the Knights keyed in on those 3 making them work real hard in both ends of the ice, a second scoring line would alleviate that.

Attachments

• C07B5ADE-32B9-4CC4-B033-977B687B5C33.jpeg
    C07B5ADE-32B9-4CC4-B033-977B687B5C33.jpeg
    251.9 KB · Views: 1

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014

Jane Austen, is that what you call it?

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
They were too passive in the 3rd. Played like they didn’t want to lose. Up a game on the road, 2-2 going into the 3rd, go for it, push the play and take it to them. They sat back and tried to play too conservative, didn’t execute and it ultimately cost them. Bones should have switched things up to spark something. Dubois was MIA.
Split is good, a sweep was never happening. Take back the neutral zone, everyone get on the same page with back pressure and support the puck better on the breakout (as well as better outlet passing), offense will take care of itself.

GJG!!!!

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Jets definitely looked tired after the first but the series is tied coming home and it will be so loud i won't hear Galley , hopefully someone takes his puke yellow pom-poms away from him when he gets into Canada Life center, what a goof . Hopefully Ehlers is back for game 3 , he makes that second line better and Neo makes the 3rd line better and Barron makes the 4th line better. Need our defenseman to hit the net with shots way more too, they are missing the entire net way too much. Oh and f*** Vegas.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
The series was on the line for Vegas and they played with the desperate sense of urgency. They were the better team tonight we were the better team in game one. We got the split we needed out of the road trip.

Really looking forward to game 3.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I feel you man.

But There was lots of positive to take from this game. Our PK is amazing. helle was incredible. Samberg is a player. We have Ehlers ready in the wing to return our team. Lots of good looks from the boys. Remember there’s two teams playing. We, as jets fans focus on our boys more but Brossoit played well and Vegas really gave it their all tonight.

We are taking it back to the peg with the whiteout waiting and a chance to put them on their heels.

100% this

This is the essence of series hockey. There are ebbs and flows when each team will be taking it to the other team and look unbeatable and dominant while the other team will look like crap. It flows back and forth and teams take turns imposing their will. Did anyone here actually think Vegas was going to roll over after getting dominated in game 1? Tonight it was their turn.

Now its time for the White out and our crowd to get involved.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Happy to get a split but that second game was there for the taking had we buried them in the first with all the chances we got.

Both teams made numerous defensive errors and the main difference is they capitalized on ours while we didn't on theirs.

Helle was Helle. Played a good game.

JoMo/DeMelo: This pairing was very strong in their end. I found that JoMo really only started to be assertive offensively when we were down in the third. We need him bring that from puck drop next game.

Pionk/Dillion had an awful night in their end. Bones agreed as this pairing was split in the third.

Snerg/Schmidt: I didn't think either was that noticeable and that is a good thing.

Top line: Started like a house on fire but Conner couldn't cash and they then fizzled right out as Vegas's top players got going. Some absolutely awful/lazy coverage by Scheifele on the GWG.

Second line: Showed today they need Fly to to drive the bus. They didn't generate much of anything and gave up a good amount.

Third line: Lowry scored on the pp but otherwise they weren't good. Echiel and his line got the better of them last night.

Fourth line got a big goal against the run of play to give us a shot. Otherwise weren't super noticeable and didn't get much ice time.

This was always going to be anlong series. Team needs to get back to its game 1 identity and they need some more skill upfront.

Our best players were better game 1 and theirs were better last night.

Last edited:

The Blue Baron

Nov 13, 2015
Hoser Country
I’ll be there Saturday as well. No question the players should be pumped to play the right way!

We Need The Danish Delight back though!

1 out of 5 Schwarzeneggers

Galley along with his whole twisted f’ed up Network are biased pieces of shite! Here is to him and them…

1682080576209.gif

WE got Home Ice! Lets use it.

Last edited:

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
The Jets really needed to cash in and get up 2-0 but Bro had an excellent game.

The worm turned in the second and the Jets really looked tired. We started turning the puck over and the Knights fed from that.

The great news is 3 of the next 4 are at home, the likelihood that Brossoit will be able to replicate that performance is fairly low.

The Knights forwards really don't scare me that much. Other than Stone, Marchesseault and Eichel, they don't exactly have scary weapons.

I think especially if Ehlers returns we edge them at forward and are clearly better in net.

I'm feeling good going into Winnipeg tomorrow.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
The Jets really needed to cash in and get up 2-0 but Bro had an excellent game.

The worm turned in the second and the Jets really looked tired. We started turning the puck over and the Knights fed from that.

The great news is 3 of the next 4 are at home, the likelihood that Brossoit will be able to replicate that performance is fairly low.

The Knights forwards really don't scare me that much. Other than Stone, Marchesseault and Eichel, they don't exactly have scary weapons.

I think especially if Ehlers returns we edge them at forward and are clearly better in net.

I'm feeling good going into Winnipeg tomorrow.

Ehlers is a mystery for me as he's been skating in a regular jersey and taking contact in practice pretty much all week. You'd think given that he would be cleared to play. If he's not healthy why are they rsiking further reaggeivation by not having him in a non contact sweater.

From past history once a player sheds the non contact they are usually back in the lineup a practice or two later.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Ehlers is a mystery for me as he's been skating in a regular jersey and taking contact in practice pretty much all week. You'd think given that he would be cleared to play. If he's not healthy why are they rsiking further reaggeivation by not having him in a non contact sweater.

From past history once a player sheds the non contact they are usually back in the lineup a practice or two later.
Saving him for the White-out.:naughty:

Reactions: GNP

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida

Honestly I feel like if the Jets lost game one he would have been in game 2.

I think it was a combination of not changing the lineup after a win (superstition or not wanting to affect chemistry) and also being able to 'afford ' giving nik 3 more days to heal.

I guess we will see if that was a mistake or not - ehlers could have well been the difference maker last night but we will never know.

If be shocked if he doesn't play tomorrow.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad