Post-Game Talk: 1 outta 2 ain't bad, Jets lose 5-2

White Out 902

I'm usually right.
Aug 17, 2017
Cape Breton Island
It's a best of 5 with 3 of the first 4 games at home.
No reason we can't win this series.

GO JETS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fergies has awesome fish and chips at the Forks?

Is that in that.. complex thing? Like a little food court/shopping area at the forks? Or am I thinking of the place kind of closer to the baseball stadium>

Sorry my 'Peg geography is awful. I moved when I was 17 and didn't drive so I have a terrible time picturing where stuff is in my minds eye

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Is that in that.. complex thing? Like a little food court/shopping area at the forks? Or am I thinking of the place kind of closer to the baseball stadium>

Sorry my 'Peg geography is awful. I moved when I was 17 and didn't drive so I have a terrible time picturing where stuff is in my minds eye
Yeah, it’s in the Commons (that little food court/shopping area that you mention) at The Forks IIRC.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
I’m hoping they can get back to their level of detail they showed in the first 4 periods. It’s a bit mystifying and troubling how they lost their discipline with their back pressure, gaps and puck support down low. They also lost the plot on the forecheck, losing their structure and getting too many guys trapped down low. That and the resulting lack of back pressure really allowed Vegas to attack with a lot more speed through the neutral zone.
Credit Vegas a bit for stepping up their play, but it’s a bit concerning how quickly the Jets can get away from their game plan.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
Just a quick note on PLD, some think he is injured and he may be. He needs to play a heavy game to be effective but he seems to pick up injuries here or there. When he plays a perimeter game his effectiveness is diminished and you have games like last night. Him wanting to play in his home town and not wanting to sign here long term might be a blessing in disguise for this organization in terms of him not be able to play the way he has to to be effective because something is ailing him.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Just a quick note on PLD, some think he is injured and he may be. He needs to play a heavy game to be effective but he seems to pick up injuries her or there. When he plays a perimeter game his effectiveness is diminished and you have games like last night. Him wanting to play in his home town and not wanting to sign here long term might be a blessing in disguise for this organization in terms of him not be able to play the way he has to to be effective because something is ailing him.

I didn't see anything wrong with his play period one. He faded like everyone else.

I do agree that he can't get away with a finesse only game. He needs to ay a power game to be successful and its a hard game to play all the time.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
I didn't see anything wrong with his play period one. He faded like everyone else.

I do agree that he can't get away with a finesse only game. He needs to ay a power game to be successful and its a hard game to play all the time.
No I didn't notice anything that would of led me to believe that he may of been ailing just repeating what some posted during the game, he did looked spent in the third period as many of his teammates were. Our top line had a grueling game in both ends of the ice, we really need a second line for the Knights to worry about

Reactions: Jets 31 and surixon

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016

Yeah, I think they ran out of gas - and Vegas finally decided to ramp it up.
The team couldn't keep up and all those things that are hard to do (but effective in shutting down teams) were out of reach.
Hoping to see a refreshed group next game - and expect Vegas to be coming hard as well.
Both teams are likely settled in at this point and we maybe we see more consistency and less of this high/low effort stuff - I hope so.

Ggg99

Sep 17, 2018
That PP was atrocious. No speed, no urgency. Vegas was happy to let 44 f**k around with the puck.
I listened to a 10 min podcast that Hustler did with Lawless prior to game 1. Lawless said Vegas is content to let teams have puck possession in their zone but only on the perimeter. Said they really try to plug up the middle and limit high danger chances.

That’s been their game plan all year. According to Lawless. And it worked. We saw it in game 2.

All the more reason to stop pissing around on the perimeter. Shoot from anywhere and often. Get deflections and rebounds. But that’s not 55’s game.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Yeah, I think they ran out of gas - and Vegas finally decided to ramp it up.
The team couldn't keep up and all those things that are hard to do (but effective in shutting down teams) were out of reach.
Hoping to see a refreshed group next game - and expect Vegas to be coming hard as well.
Both teams are likely settled in at this point and we maybe we see more consistency and less of this high/low effort stuff - I hope so.

Well hopefully a raucous crowd tomorrow energizes them.

Reactions: SSCBLUEJET

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Both teams abandoned their system halfway through the second... the difference is basically that 4 on 3 where Vegas calmed down and the Jets never got back on track - I expect Bowness to have the team dialled in for Game 3

Scheif is the wild card - if he starts freelancing we are done.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Just a quick note on PLD, some think he is injured and he may be. He needs to play a heavy game to be effective but he seems to pick up injuries here or there. When he plays a perimeter game his effectiveness is diminished and you have games like last night. Him wanting to play in his home town and not wanting to sign here long term might be a blessing in disguise for this organization in terms of him not be able to play the way he has to to be effective because something is ailing him.
I think we tend to pick on Scheifele's game a little too much, Dubois was no where near the same player in game 2 as game 1 . I don't like how Scheifele sometimes extends his shifts too long because that's when Scheifele stops playing defense but last night in the 1st period Scheifele was the only guy back and made a great defensive play. Our defenseman have to get their shots on net not miss the net entirely and now Vegas is going the other way. Shots from the point don't have to be rockets , look at Pionk's shot that went in, we have to be better at that.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
I think we tend to pick on Scheifele's game a little too much, Dubois was no where near the same player in game 2 as game 1 . I don't like how Scheifele sometimes extends his shifts too long because that's when Scheifele stops playing defense but last night in the 1st period Scheifele was the only guy back and made a great defensive play. Our defenseman have to get their shots on net not miss the net entirely and now Vegas is going the other way. Shots from the point don't have to be rockets , look at Pionk's shot that went in, we have to be better at that.
You must've never seen a @JetsFan815 post :laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: GNP and Jets 31

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Good first. A bit more finish and we may have been able to break the Knight's spirit.
Pretty weak 2nd but thanks to the ham and egger line we were back in it.
Really bad 3rd… yuck.

Our top 6 No showed and blew a good performance by our bottom 6.

But we accomplished what we needed to and have a chance to improve on that.

Can someone with seats behind the Vegas bench bring a large tablet and play the Buff hit on Stone on an endless loop??? Please. Hold it up to the glass the whole game.

Reactions: Jets 31 and Ducky10

White Out 902

I'm usually right.
Aug 17, 2017
Cape Breton Island
ok another Winnipeg question: i have a car with me this time and will be driving to the game... is there a place I can prepay for parking? i thought i heard it once on the post game show for IC.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad