Post-Game Talk: #1| New York Islanders @ Pittsburgh Penguins | May 16th | 12:00 PM | F/OTW 4-3

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Lighthouse

Aug 1, 2011
That's how you put your foot on the gas in the third. Still so satisfying that we get to have games like that now. Very often in the "Tavares era" the Islanders would benefit from a slow start to the other team but once the opponent started playing hockey they were in trouble.

Reactions: Hunn

Stercrazy

Jul 4, 2007
That's how you put your foot on the gas in the third. Still so satisfying that we get to have games like that now. Very often in the "Tavares era" the Islanders would benefit from a slow start to the other team but once the opponent started playing hockey they were in trouble.

Who?

Reactions: Kevin27NYI

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Sorokin was very good. I think on goal 3 his angle was a little off and gave Kapanen a little too much net to shoot at, but this game could have very easily gotten out of hand after the first if it weren’t for his play.
I thought so too but enough went wrong on that goal that I just write it off to a great shot by Kapanen. But yeah Sorokin was a wall.

scottywiper

Dec 2, 2018
Had a remarkable weekend ofsport.
My Aussie Rules team snapped a 17 game losing streak.
Son's team, Leicester City, won FA Cup.
Denver Nuggets won.
I didn't dare think the Isles could make ir perfection!

Reactions: Big L

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Playoff Pageau, he is good player all the time but he becomes next level in playoffs. He is just one of those guys who raises his game.

Amen.

And these are the players you target in the draft, trades, and FA - Guys who get BETTER in the playoffs.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
isles can never get any credit lol. It’s always an excuse. Jarry wasn’t good but come one. Pageau and Palmieri goals were snipes.

Literally could not care what anyone else says.

Let the aisles win the Cup and have the media say because the western conference tram didn’t show up.

ok. I’ll be drinking at the parade.

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
Actually thought Barzal was ok today, he was safer with puck and created a good chance in OT. He will be fine and going to produce if this team goes on any type of run like last year.

I mean yeah, his first SOG in the game was in OT. I’d like to see him shooting sooner than that.

Jarry sucks, fire it top shelf on him.

joekono

Apr 29, 2016
Roxbury,New Jersey
Playoff Pageau, he is good player all the time but he becomes next level in playoffs. He is just one of those guys who raises his game.
Pageau obviously was a great pick up. Yeah we resigned him to a big deal but I'd rather have him than not. The Canadien press made fun of tis pick up last year(still pissed about the 80s they are).He does it all, scores, SHOOTS, and hits/plays defense. Sort of like the anti-Bailey.:naughty:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad