Post-Game Talk: #1| New York Islanders @ Pittsburgh Penguins | May 16th | 12:00 PM | F/OTW 4-3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richie Daggers Crime

Rugged individualist
Mar 8, 2004
Boise
My missus brought the mojo today. We got back to the hotel expecting the game to be over, turned on the TV and Palmieri scored 10 seconds later.
itTlRexm.jpg

road islander

Sep 16, 2019
West Warwick, RI
I believe the first, second and the fourth goal are beautiful placements. Jarry is going down on his knees all the time and the Isles has obviously done their homework and they’re trying to shoot in the upper corners when possible. The third goal is soft though, but Jarry is screened by Letang.

People are talking like Jarry is some kind of AHL caliber goalie, but the Pens supporters tend to always blame their goalie when they don’t win. They just won the division, and their defensive core isn’t that strong on paper. So he has obviously done something right.
Yes, he has done something right all season and if you look at his splits he wasn't just good against the bad teams so he's got some game. But he was off today on some easy ones, that's all.

And saying that doesn't diminish our win one bit. Beau could have easily had a hatty today but instead had a donut. Just the way it goes sometimes.

Sheva7

Work Hahd Play Smaht
Oct 11, 2011
Well done buds. That was a hard fought win.

Pulled it off without getting much from a few of the guys ... but eh, let's take it and do it again Tuesday night.

road islander

Sep 16, 2019
West Warwick, RI
Sorokin looked very calm. It seemed that way from the start.

Mayfield so bad.

Dobson and Wahlstrom looked good.
Can't agree on Dobson, he's looked pretty shaky to me. But Wally, a big piece of how far we go not just this year but in future years depends on him IMO. I liked what I saw today.

As for Mayfield, yes, he's bad, but everyone is so laser focused on every mistake he makes it's hard to look at the big picture, which is, BT keeps putting him out there. He obviously sees something we don't or he feels that he is his least bad option.

Sheva7

Work Hahd Play Smaht
Oct 11, 2011

Leo was awesome today.

He was. He hits hard and often. Love seeing pens get crunched lol.

Like others mentioned, Dobson didn't look comfortable at all but let's hope it's just game 1 jitters.

Mayfield was Mayfield.

Sorokin was great.

Barzal and Ebs were pretty much non-factors.

Same could be said for the 4th line imo. Which has been a concern of mine for the last while.
We already know Clutters best days are behind him but it's definitely looking like Cizikas lost a step.

Reactions: beach

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005
Tristan Jarry is the Canadian version of Georgiev. When he is on, he looks unbeatable.

But he also commits too soon, just covering the bottom of the net and hoping for the best, actually makes himself smaller by not squaring up and, if you screen him even a little, he cr@ps his pants.

Reactions: GrandmaSlices51631

GOLFWANG

Jul 20, 2007
The thing I noticed about Dobson mostly and some other dmen is when they try to avoid a hit then they have trouble adjusting and getting rid of the puck after that.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
Happy for Palms. If all he brings is value in the playoffs, then he's a more than a useful trade deadline acquisition.

Too loose of coverage against an attacking team. That will catch up to them.

Ilya played well, I would prefer Varly in net though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->