Post-Game Talk: #1| New York Islanders @ Pittsburgh Penguins | May 16th | 12:00 PM | F/OTW 4-3

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDraft

Feb 27, 2002
That's what you call 'roofing it.'Beautiful goal

The pan to Lou in the press box was some Godfather shit
I didn't see it ... did he change expression?

scott99

May 13, 2005
Sorokin was very good. I think on goal 3 his angle was a little off and gave Kapanen a little too much net to shoot at, but this game could have very easily gotten out of hand after the first if it weren’t for his play.
I came here to post about Sorokin. I agree on the 3rd goal. But it certainly wasn’t a “bad” goal, in fact none of the 3 goals were “bad” goals. That was a great shot by Kapanen. I thought overall, Sorokin was really good. Made some amazing saves, he’s just a really good goalie.

Of course I’m here to eat crow, just so happy with the win.

It’s amazing how Playoff Pageau always shows up. Nelson with a BIG goal. And Palmieri pulling a 2020 Pageau. Just nice to see the Isles playing to their identity, though I feel they need to tighten up defensively. I was thinking that, even if they lost, they proved to themselves they could hang with and even beat the Penguins. Just so thrilled to get game 1.

joekono

Apr 29, 2016
Roxbury,New Jersey
ArcticChubbyCub-size_restricted.gif

GOLFWANG

Jul 20, 2007
I dont know if anyone noticed but on our powerplay they kept real close to Wally at all times.

If Leddy or whoever is on the point make quick passes with Bailey it will open up either person in the slot or an easy one timer for Bailey.

The problem is Bailey doesn't do one timers and Leddy and/or Bailey don't pass very quickly.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Zajac probably plays once isles are home for faceoff purposes.

I wish the Islanders tried splitting the Nelson line and placing one with Barzal, one with Pageau and one with Zajac to see if that would help our lines out.

I get why Zajac is not in the lineup given our lines since the deadline, but they should have tested out Nelson playing wing as an option

Surfrat

Feb 16, 2013
NJ
I find it hilarious that the Pens supporters _always_ blame their goalie when they lose against the Isles.

Today the Isles scored on three awesome snipes... let’s blame the goalie. Like... hello?
Agreed, both goalies played well. Jarry didn’t give Palms much, credit Palms he put where it had to go.

Reactions: buud
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->