Value of: #1 Goalie(Vezina Candidate) and #1 Defenseman(Norris Candidate) to Edmonton?

yababy

Jun 26, 2015
This is the sad truth for Edmonton. Nothing short of trading McDavid will bring back OPs desired return.

With McDavids contract kicking in the Oilers are in Salary Cap hell for the next three seasons and nothing short of trading McDavid for young players on great contacts could change that. Neither Draisaitl nor RNH are signed to below market level contracts. As fairly paid players (if they realize their potential) they won't bring back a huge return. Only McDavid would.

I'd do
Mcdavid to Florida for
Ekblad, Barkov and a couple of 1st round picks

ThreeOfAPerfectPair

Oct 26, 2017
Edmonton
I'll go one better. After 5 years of playoff failures, Oilers auction off Mcdavid to the highest bidder.
At that point he's worth about 59% of current value

No, McDavid will easily fetch a 1st overall + several other assets if he demands a trade. In two more years he'll only be 23 and truly in his prime.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
It’s silly, fleury might be getting his fourth ring whilst being the likely conn smythe if Vegas wins and crawford has two probably deserved the smythe when Kane won his.

But neither are elite because they don’t have vezina nods like Devan Dubnyk aka a guy who has never gotten past the second round.

There’s goalie’s who can’t get past the first-third round because of their teams so it goes both ways. Vezina is more impressive.

yababy

Jun 26, 2015
No, McDavid will easily fetch a 1st overall + several other assets if he demands a trade. In two more years he'll only be 23 and truly in his prime.

I'm meaning 5 years from now. By then Oilers fans patience will be as thin as the meniscus on my left knee

ThreeOfAPerfectPair

Oct 26, 2017
Edmonton
I'm meaning 5 years from now. By then Oilers fans patience will be as thin as the meniscus on my left knee

Oh, well you said 5 years of playoff failures, we're already at 3. Oiler fans will never turn on McDavid, though it's hard to expect him to stick around if the organization continues with the garbage fire status quo.

yababy

Jun 26, 2015
Oh, well you said 5 years of playoff failures, we're already at 3. Oiler fans will never turn on McDavid, though it's hard to expect him to stick around if the organization continues with the garbage fire status quo.

You're kidding, right?
They would have eventually run Gretzky out if he didn't win every damn thing there was to win.

ThreeOfAPerfectPair

Oct 26, 2017
Edmonton
You're kidding, right?
They would have eventually run Gretzky out if he didn't win every damn thing there was to win.

You must not be an Oilers fan. The dysfunction and mismanagement of the team is apparent to anyone who pays a little attention to the team, absolutely none of the failures are due to McDavid.

yababy

Jun 26, 2015
You must not be an Oilers fan. The dysfunction and mismanagement of the team is apparent to anyone who pays a little attention to the team, absolutely none of the failures are due to McDavid.

I'm an Oilers fan 37 years now.

Didn't mcdavid sign his contract? That 12.5m with Draisaitls will bury this team. That future failure will be on the greed of those two

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad