GDT: #1: FLYERS at Golden Knights, Thursday, Oct. 4, 2018, 10:00 p.m. ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I really can't wait to see if Gudas is scratched for Folin and Hagg, and if MacDonald drinks some herbal tea or some shit and finds his way into the lineup over Gudas. Which awful player is Sanheim with on the 3rd pair? Which worse players are on the 2nd pair? The anticipation is killer.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
It doesn't matter...until Lehtera is on the same ice as someone like Barzal...

I don't think Weal is catching up to Barzal either.

Weal showed me in preseason exactly what he showed last season, he's a tease, almost looks like he's going to make a play, but it never happens - if he was 22 I'd say he needs for the game to slow down for him, at 26 he's just not capable of speeding up. He's a perimeter player without the speed to force separation, and he can't challenge for the puck in corners or along the boards in his D-zone to stop the cycle.

I'll take Knight over both of them, and I'll take Rubtsov this spring if he adjusts to the pro game over Knight.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I mean it could work.. lehtera looked like he was ready to go in preseason. Its his contract year so maybe he is motivated. Let's hope..

source.gif

hayen

Apr 7, 2017
I really can't wait to see if Gudas is scratched for Folin and Hagg, and if MacDonald drinks some herbal tea or some **** and finds his way into the lineup over Gudas. Which awful player is Sanheim with on the 3rd pair? Which worse players are on the 2nd pair? The anticipation is killer.
I don't want status quo. If this isn't our year then take some chances on replacing experience to gain experience.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
No one reported pairings today? Do I have that correct?
Not that I have seen. Boruk and Carchidi tweeted out the same picture of the team circled up at practice. People pieced the forward lines together based on jersey colors but all of the defensemen wear black, so we have to wait for one of the reporters to do their job.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Knight is back when, end of October?
I don't think Lehtera has a long leash.
Weal is sitting on the bench, one bad game away from replacing him.
If Rubtsov has a strong first half, it all could be moot in January or February. Whereas Lindblom had to be ready for a top 9 role, which quickly became top 6, all Rubtsov has to do is show he can handle 4C defensively, they can let him work on his offense in the NHL.
Twarynski and NAK are probably more injury insurance for Raffl and Simmonds.

MacDonald and Hagg probably have a half season, but if Sanheim - Gudas play well, they'll be on the 3rd pair standard, which isn't that high. For that reason I think Friedman and Myers will marinate for half a season, but come spring, they'll both be closely watched, while Morin pretty much has to be on the roster come March.

Good chance this team will have 2-3 or more new faces in the lineup by April.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
The first two posts in this thread have been updated. There should be a better indication as to whom plays based on Wednesday's practice.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Knight is back when, end of October?
I don't think Lehtera has a long leash.
Weal is sitting on the bench, one bad game away from replacing him.
If Rubtsov has a strong first half, it all could be moot in January or February. Whereas Lindblom had to be ready for a top 9 role, which quickly became top 6, all Rubtsov has to do is show he can handle 4C defensively, they can let him work on his offense in the NHL.
Twarynski and NAK are probably more injury insurance for Raffl and Simmonds.

MacDonald and Hagg probably have a half season, but if Sanheim - Gudas play well, they'll be on the 3rd pair standard, which isn't that high. For that reason I think Friedman and Myers will marinate for half a season, but come spring, they'll both be closely watched, while Morin pretty much has to be on the roster come March.

Good chance this team will have 2-3 or more new faces in the lineup by April.
The NHL is not a developmental league. Or does that only get said by you when it fits your narrative?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad