GDT: #1: FLYERS at Golden Knights, Thursday, Oct. 4, 2018, 10:00 p.m. ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
Absolutely ridiculous.
At least 2014 and 2015's openers were in Boston and Tampa, so they started at a reasonable time.

Still, and I don't know the scheduling histories of all the other teams, it's pretty incredible that it's going on 5 or 6 seasons since our home opener was also our season opener.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I hate when they change numbers, I'll spend the first half dozen games going "great play by 23" - who was that?

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
Gost should have changed his...
I like to think he kept it as motivation and a slight, F U, that he should've been on the team that first year from the beginning and given a real number then. After they stuck him with 53, he kept it out of spite. That's why Hakstol is always so ready to bench him. Hakstol thinks he's still a fringe young guy on a camp try out whom has to learn the fundamentals of the NHL game. IF Ghost wore a number less than say, #30, he'd be a roster mainstay.

Also, it could be that Ghost wears 53 because he is so small, and slight, that by wearing a high number as such, his sweater is just a bit heavier, since Hakstol prefers heavier players. The blockness of 53 also makes his small frame appear wider.

Reactions: flyersjim73
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad