Proposal: #1 Centre to Vegas

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
With what cap space? They currently have ~$6 mill in space with only 18 players signed for next year. Remember, they don't lose a player in the ED. Will be difficult to move around the salary to bring in a high dollar 1C type contract. Not impossible...but very difficult.
They’ll just trade out salary and important parts of their room like they have in the past.

The Red Helmet

Dec 19, 2007
are you referring to the eichel who was hurt all year and has a serious neck condition? if you are i can tell you your not gonna get that much .

The Eichel who when healthy is a top 10 center and top 15 scorer in the league. A talent that would only come on the market every 15 or 20 years and he still is likely going to get better.

The injury narrative is starting to get ridiculous. Is it a concern? Yes. But the chances are very likely that Eichel will come back from this injury and return to form. How often nowadays do you see young guys sustain injuries like this and not return? This is not 1985. It is much more likely that Eichel will return and be a superstar than it is he will need to retire or that this injury will linger throughout his career.

treple13

Sep 1, 2013
Krebs+Tuch+?

That does seem tempting. Isn't Krebs looking legit? I know he's been highly regarded in Vegas circles. How far off from being a top six C is he? Is he is, why wouldn't Vegas keep him over trading him?

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
That does seem tempting. Isn't Krebs looking legit? I know he's been highly regarded in Vegas circles. How far off from being a top six C is he? Is he is, why wouldn't Vegas keep him over trading him?

I don't think they'd move Tuch for Monahan by himself much less Krebs. If those 2 are going together Vegas is going after Eichel.

Krebs will be a top 9 forward next year.

Reactions: go4hockey

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Who's available?
A polite inquiry to Pittsburgh about malkin and if he had any want to leave pitt...Vegas would be an ideal choice and logically a certain goalie going back the other way as part of the package...of course depending on if malkin wanted out

John Johnson

Apr 11, 2019
The reason I could see them doing it is because they are in a win now mode and Monahan helps them quicker now. Maybe Tuch is too much of a throw in but he is a third liner so hard to say.

treple13

Sep 1, 2013
I don't think they'd move Tuch for Monahan by himself much less Krebs. If those 2 are going together Vegas is going after Eichel.

Krebs will be a top 9 forward next year.

That's kind of what I thought. Seems unfair to Vegas, so was wondering if there was new info I was missing

rajuabju

The One & Only
Dec 30, 2006
Los Angeles
I know it wont happen, but I always thought Kopitar would be a real interesting fit for Vegas' top line.

Maybe if LA retains like 20% salary for 2 1st's and a 2nd?

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
My guess is Vegas trades Glass, Smith, Krebs, 1st 2021, 1st 2022, and 2nd 2022 for Jack Eichel. They do another separate trade for cap room that involves Fleury, or somehow do a three-way deal where Buffalo retains Smith's contract, later doing a three-way trade that sends Smith back to Vegas.

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
Should've kept Suzuki lol. And the Knights have Chris Lee - he impacts games in their favor more than any 1C ever could.

Kublakhan

Lets Go Buffalo !!!
Jan 24, 2013
North Tonawanda
My guess is Vegas trades Glass, Smith, Krebs, 1st 2021, 1st 2022, and 2nd 2022 for Jack Eichel. They do another separate trade for cap room that involves Fleury, or somehow do a three-way deal where Buffalo retains Smith's contract, later doing a three-way trade that sends Smith back to Vegas.

You forgot Alex Tuch in there..

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
A polite inquiry to Pittsburgh about malkin and if he had any want to leave pitt...Vegas would be an ideal choice and logically a certain goalie going back the other way as part of the package...of course depending on if malkin wanted out
Stone, two 1sts, and Vegas' best prospect is what it would take to get Malkin.

thewookie1

Jan 21, 2015
Tuch
Smith
Glass
Krebs
2021 1st
2022 1st
2022 2nd

That's the type of package you think Eichel returns?

Pretty much, the 2021 1st is a glorified 2nd.
The 2022 2nd and 1st are effectively a 3rd and 2nd respectively.
Krebs is no where near the skill level of a Zegras/Dach/Byfield
Glass hasn't exactly impressed
Smith is a 1 year cap exchange.
Tuch is a Mid-6 winger.

At very least this would get some pondering from the Sabres.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Maybe not on an expiring contract.. pens need 2 roster players aleast and some form of pick or prospect.. stone would not be part of deal. MAF would. Of course there is next to zero chance but Vegas woukd be an appealing setting for 71 and he would slide into that 1 spot on a legit contending team.

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
Maybe not on an expiring contract.. pens need 2 roster players aleast and some form of pick or prospect.. stone would not be part of deal. MAF would. Of course there is next to zero chance but Vegas woukd be an appealing setting for 71 and he would slide into that 1 spot on a legit contending team.
Then there wouldn't be a deal.

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
Nah if malkin felt like leaving it wouldn't take that much when he plays he is still amazing but he is always injured and almost an ufa.

Also the pens wouldn't screw him like that if he got traded to Vegas it would just be for futures .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad