Proposal: #1 Centre to Vegas

scud9

Jun 2, 2006
How about Fleury and Karlsson for Malkin and DeSmith + something small? Vegas could be happy with Lehner/DeSmith in goal and Stephenson/Malkin for top6 C.

NoelVilla

Feb 25, 2019
Need to move Fleury/Lehner or Patches to make it work. Might be easier to fit in Danault and even out the first 3-lines.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
Zibs at 50% retention.

Would like to hear the Vegas offers for this.

That's very enticing, but I still don't think that would make me part with Krebs. I'd only move him for Eichel. Do the Rangers not want to pay Zib?

I'd be willing to do Glass+ a 1st+ Marchessault/Pacioretty or whatever futures they can return in a trade somewhere else.

SRHRangers

Aug 18, 2020
That's very enticing, but I still don't think that would make me part with Krebs. I'd only move him for Eichel. Do the Rangers not want to pay Zib?

I'd be willing to do Glass+ a 1st+ Marchessault/Pacioretty or whatever futures they can return in a trade somewhere else.

Just trying to be open minded.

I lean on resigning but there is a definite debate on whether to break the bank on him.

I actually think Zib fits better for Vegas than Eichel.

Reactions: bernmeister

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
There is no way Vegas gives up Theodore for Eichel.

I would. Pretty easily really. Theo is pretty overrated. Don't get me wrong he's probably a top 5 offensive D in the league, but when he's not putting up points he can look downright awful.

*Assuming we're talking a healthy Eichel and Glass going with Theo, not Krebs.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Don't trade anyone if you can, you can go hard for Eichel.

If it doesn't work, Danault isn't great at putting points but he can help. He'll test the market.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
How about Fleury and Karlsson for Malkin and DeSmith + something small? Vegas could be happy with Lehner/DeSmith in goal and Stephenson/Malkin for top6 C.
Would avoid Malkin
$ aside, wear and tear first and age second has caught up with him.
No ? he is potentially still top shelf player when healthy, but track record suggests that could be a problem

In the short term, it is not a problem.
And if with RDs Nils L and Schneider appearing Trouba reads the writing on the wall and lets us move him and his 8m per a yr or 2 early, then it is again not a prob.
But long term it is a prob
and if we want to be in a position to go after Matthews or Barkov (or anyone else) on the off chance something might emerge, we need to be prepared cap wise, not forced into some move we don't want to make.
That is why Buch, Strome and Zib should all be sold high, get ahead of the curve, as long as enuf is on the table.

Eichel, buyer beware. IF he is in good condition minimum, he may be minimum elite or better, best case scenario.
But Eich reportedly wants specific surgical procedure which is not unheard of, but not as popular/common as what Sabes wanted to do. I thought I read somewhere that while still likely to be successful, Eich's choice is more intricate, and acceptably riskier, but with longer recovery period. W/surgery 'now' may be out of commission till late upcoming season.

Krebs would be key to a deal for Zib, who in the short term 4 or so yrs is an attractive alternative to Eich.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad