Proposal: #1 Centre to Vegas

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
Eichel does not make sense capwise, except if they don t bring back martinez, fill the current missing spots with ELCs or league min and trade Fleury and one of Marchessault, Rielly, which I would be hesitant to do considering this line has been a great producer for them. So the price to pay for having a top line worth 26m cap is worsening your 2nd line, your D, your goaltending position (even though it is very possible they move away from Fleury as they apparently tried to do so last year).

I think they will try to recruit a 2C rather than a true 1C. Or even a guy they can play up and down the lineup given situations (Coleman ?), just because of lesser cap flexibility.

Reactions: Trojans86

kthx

Bedard to Bruins 2023
Apr 24, 2019
Something around Eichel for Theodore+ because they just got Pietro to kind of take Theodores role?

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
There is a fit here for Zibanajed. If he would show signs of resigning in Vegas long term.

Glass, Mcnabb, Reaves, Vegas #1 pick 2021 and Another Vegas add (pick/prospect) for Zib (at 50% retained). Howden and Hajek.

Reactions: bernmeister

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
I think Vegas would go all in on Eichel.

They have the prospects, they need a center badly and they are always very aggressive on the trading market.

My belief they will trade Glass, Krebs, Hague, Smith, 1st for Eichel.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
There is a fit here for Zibanajed. If he would show signs of resigning in Vegas long term.

Glass, Mcnabb, Reaves, Vegas #1 pick 2021 and Another Vegas add (pick/prospect) for Zib (at 50% retained). Howden and Hajek.

this ^ except I think if he understands NY can't afford him long term he may waive.
While he'd be worth more if agreed and extended before, I think the waive gets it done.

Also, I get those who want vet D presence + toughness, but I prefer not to add, even short term stop gap, $ and mins, when we can address better solutions internally. Our youth needs NHL mins. Now, If there is short pain w/learning curve, so be it. Guys like Robertson are ready, give them chance.

As for deal:
Zib this expiring year is only 5.35m. That is a bargain and retained is insane, < 3m.

so Zib at half, + Geo at half + Hajek + Reunanen + Howden
for
Glass + Krebs + NJ 2021 2nd + LV 2022 1st

rationale:
Zib adds 1st line scoring,
Geo = G add which helps when MAF is moved
Reunanen and Hajek are inexpensive young LD solutions
Howden bottom 6 pivot w/speed.

although that ^ is win now, it is allowing some level of younger to replace older.

Rangers add youth at C + picks

EDIT ADD: note updated version of this just below....

Last edited:

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
VGK is a team I could possibly see Seguin waive his NMC to, I don’t see Nill making any calls like that though. Vegas would have to come looking and interested to get a possible talk going.

As a Stars fan I’d be open to it myself though depending on return.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
update from above post #38:

replace Howden w/Blackwell + Rooney
Howden can be used w/Buch for Broberg from Oil

this offer:

Zib at half + Geo at half + Hajek + Reunanen + Blackwell + Rooney
for
Glass + Krebs + NJ 2021 2nd + LV 2022 1st

is not merely profitable, but a 6 for 4 swap that seems irresistible

All pieces to LV are el cheapo special, but all are quality adds.
top C add per OP, w/quality depth at bottom 6 F, ditto w/youth at LD

Rangers do not add for the upgrade.
Give mins to emerging youth.

SRHRangers

Aug 18, 2020
Zibs make so much sense for this team, but I really don't want to deal him.

And the Rangers have the cap space to retain 50% too....

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Zibs make so much sense for this team, but I really don't want to deal him.

And the Rangers have the cap space to retain 50% too....

If one constantly tries to have its cake and eat it too, results will not be productive.
We can't have all the toys all the time.
Trick is to go as young as possible with quality for max cap flexibility = depth and roster mgmt.
If and when you have enuf, then depending on price it may make sense for splurge as it does here for Vegas + Zib, who may want to explore, but I could see doing 8.5 x 6 extension.

I think for everything I put on the table, my suggestion here is win win w/Vegas improving big next season, if not beyond, and Rangers getting building blocks incl 2 quality prospects.

If no cap, then sure, keep Zib.
And no prob to do so short term.
But reality, reality... Shesty, Fox extends soon, and then elcs -> rfas around the corner.

Let zib go

Blitz

Let's Go B-U-F-F-A-L-O!!!
Dec 14, 2009
Ontario
Great plan, with which cap space does PIT do that ? And they need to send more than Fleury out to get Eichel

Fleury and Tuch would clear almost $12M in cap alone - plus Glass is another $964K. Eichel cap hit only $10M.

PIT/VGK would likely need to find a mediator of some sort to absorb some of Flower's hit - BUF might even work as part of the bigger deal... Send MAF to the Sabres as part of the pkg for Jack, they retain some cap and send him onto PIT? Of course if SEA takes an exposed Jarry in the ED, that would also instantly free up $3.5M for the Pens to work with.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad