GDT: [#1] Arizona Coyotes @ Dallas Stars, 8:30 PM EST (FS-SW) - The Polak'ing Begins

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I, Satan, fully welcome our new Defense Overlord, Roman Polak.

tumblr_ltunmdZhif1r21bjmo1_250.gif

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Remember when John Klingberg got scratched in 2016 and everyone was ragging on him for his defensive play?

Compare that nonsense with the scratching of Julius Honka {hasn't been given much of a chance but also hasn't really impressed}.

Pretty funny to see this outrage.

hairylikebear

///////////////
Apr 30, 2009
Houston
I have no problem with Honka being scratched - in fact he should be scratched against Toronto and Winnipeg. My problem is that he is being scratched in favor of a tight gap high puck pressure style which plays right into the Coyotes high speed high tempo roster. It gives them a really good chance to win in what should be a comfortable win for the Stars roster in their home opener.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
On the bright side, our GDT has his 3 pages and the game isn't even close to starting! We should thank Monty for making the Stars board come alive all of a sudden

Hopefully our record is good after Black Friday so we still have playoff dreams and aspirations

Reactions: LatvianTwist

Hockey Dad

Jan 27, 2016
Texas
My frustration with this is that it just seems more of the same. Heard all preseason Honka looked good and now back to junk playing over him. Unfortunately he is probably the biggest trade chip and all this does is hurt his value. Other teams think he can’t beat out Polak

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I just noticed thats Turco in the GIF i posted that opens the goalie door . Probably the greatest thing Marty did while he was with the Hawks :D

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
You guys freaking out over Honka getting scratched is cute
To quote a great man, "If Honka can’t beat out the Leafs’ 7th and 8th defensemen from last year for a spot with a youth-friendly coach, it might be time to accept that he’s a bust."

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Remember when John Klingberg got scratched in 2016 and everyone was ragging on him for his defensive play?

Compare that nonsense with the scratching of Julius Honka {hasn't been given much of a chance but also hasn't really impressed}.

Pretty funny to see this outrage.
But it's not Honka's fault. It's just that Ruff Hitch Montgomery doesn't like him.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Carrick is elite

go watch his instagram workout vids w/ the cool music

that is terrific business development- show ur a hard worker, show the Ladi`es {and gents} some skin ,, show the GMs how strong you are

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
I'm not a HUGE fan of Honka, but the whole rhetoric in the summer is that they would play through the mistakes of Honka and Heiskanen, and through playing them and gaining confidence their game would develop as the season went along. Sending him to the press-box in game one just seems like it's contradictory to statements they made in the summer about Honka. Not only that, but playing both Polak (who did not look good in the preseason) and Carrick (who has only had a few days to learn the system) because of their play in one practice just seems absurd.

100% this. Also as much as I am a Honka supporter I can admit he looked bad last year. Whether that be because of himself or Hitch there was something there and he looked to have no confidence. Had last years Honka shown up in preseason I would have been 100% fine with him eating a scratch early as he tried to regain confidence and find his stride. Problem is actually looked good in the preseason and close to his old self than his play last year. Thats the part that makes my head hurt, how does someone who looks good for 90% of preseason loose their spot during a single practice.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
My condolences, Stars fans. Stay strong. Hopefully your coach realizes quick that Polak is nowhere near NHL calibre.

Apparently one practice means more to him than all of preseason, where Polak was AHL-level bad and even considered below one of our AHL guys

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
100% this. Also as much as I am a Honka supporter I can admit he looked bad last year. Whether that be because of himself or Hitch there was something there and he looked to have no confidence. Had last years Honka shown up in preseason I would have been 100% fine with him eating a scratch early as he tried to regain confidence and find his stride. Problem is actually looked good in the preseason and close to his old self than his play last year. Thats the part that makes my head hurt, how does someone who looks good for 90% of preseason loose their spot during a single practice.

Especially lose it to someone who had an absolutely horrible preseason

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
Apparently one practice means more to him than all of preseason, where Polak was AHL-level bad and even considered below one of our AHL guys

Polak really is a sight to behold.

I've probably seen 100 of his games in the last three years. I have no idea how he will play tonight but I know from watching him in long stretches that his decision making is so bad (especially with the puck) and he is so methodically slow you can't even be mad. It's that funny. People who think Pateryn was bad are in for a treat if Polak becomes a semi-regular fixture due to injuries.

Please take my healthy karma, Stephen.

Reactions: Kcb12345

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
But it's not Honka's fault. It's just that Ruff Hitch Montgomery doesn't like him.
Ruff did like him... Nill just had 8D and wouldnt call him up. When he was up at the end of the year tho Ruff leaned on him heavily because he look fantastic in that system.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad