GDT: [#1] Arizona Coyotes @ Dallas Stars, 8:30 PM EST (FS-SW) - The Polak'ing Begins

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Anyone still wanna trade heiskanen for Karlsson ?

I don't remember a poster here ever was ready for that . In todays NHL trading a prospect like Heiskanen is about the dumbest thing you can do.

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
I don't remember a poster here ever was ready for that . In todays NHL trading a prospect like Heiskanen is about the dumbest thing you can do.
There were a few who had the “he hasn’t played a game yet” mentality .

serp

Jan 17, 2016
There were a few who had the “he hasn’t played a game yet” mentality .

Maybe but thats dumb. You can't trade players with that kind of potential on an ELC outside for a superstar in his early 20's at most. Karlsson 3-5 years ago ? I would've probably gotten talked into it but not at 28 when he's about to probably get the biggest contract for a defenseman well ever . His injury history is another thing even though he seems fine now but he did lose some of his magic from that horrific injury.

Good prospects and picks is one thing but not potential superstar prospects .

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Maybe but thats dumb. You can't trade players with that kind of potential on an ELC outside for a superstar in his early 20's at most. Karlsson 3-5 years ago ? I would've probably gotten talked into it but not at 28 when he's about to probably get the biggest contract for a defenseman well ever . His injury history is another thing even though he seems fine now but he did lose some of his magic from that horrific injury.

Good prospects and picks is one thing but not potential superstar prospects .

Depends on your risk tolerance

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Heiskanen for unsigned Karlsson was never an option. If Karlsson was extended, then it would have given me some pause.

But ultimately I don't think Nill would've done it, and for good reason as we are now seeing.

Sep 20, 2013
In The Crease
Over the summer, if it was signed Karlsson for Heiskanen alone, I would've been sorely tempted just because you never know how quickly young Euro defensemen will translate their game.

Now that we've seen the translation only took one training camp plus one preseason, hell no!

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Over the summer, if it was signed Karlsson for Heiskanen alone, I would've been sorely tempted just because you never know how quickly young Euro defensemen will translate their game.

Now that we've seen the translation only took one training camp plus one preseason, hell no!

Huge sample size alert!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad