GDT: [#1] Arizona Coyotes @ Dallas Stars, 8:30 PM EST (FS-SW) - The Polak'ing Begins

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Ruff did like him... Nill just had 8D and wouldnt call him up. When he was up at the end of the year tho Ruff leaned on him heavily because he look fantastic in that system.
We don't know that Ruff liked him. Honka was called up a few times during that season and was sent down a couple times as well. We have no idea what Ruff thought of Honka. We do know Honka only really played when injuries emptied the roster and when the season was cooked.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Any chance Honka could be on the trading block? Maybe Carrick was brought in to be his replacement, not Johns?

I hope this is just a 1 game thing done by Monty to send a message to Honka or something that he needs to play well or he is out. Hopefully that's all it is

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Ruff did like him... Nill just had 8D and wouldnt call him up. When he was up at the end of the year tho Ruff leaned on him heavily because he look fantastic in that system.
You mean he looked good in a system that preached all offense all the time with absolutely no defensive responsibility?
Wonder why

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
With Galchenyuk, Dvorak and Chychrun all injured, this should be child’s play for your squad. I’d wish you all good luck, but you’re not gonna need it. ;)

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
With Galchenyuk, Dvorak and Chychrun all injured, this should be child’s play for your squad. I’d wish you all good luck, but you’re not gonna need it. ;)

We will need all the luck we can get with a Carrick-Polak third pairing

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
I hope this is just a 1 game thing done by Monty to send a message to Honka or something that he needs to play well or he is out. Hopefully that's all it is

I'd actually be fine with that if it wasn't the first game of the season against a perceived "easier" opponent. Scratching Honka (or Hintz, or whoever) is not a big deal ultimately, it's just the timing of it after all the gameplan preaching in the off season to scratch him for the new guy.

I hope Connor goes out there and plays well, I'm just a little confused is all.

Reactions: Kcb12345

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
The overreaction here is just crazy.
Honka has at no point, been solid at the NHL, but suddenly we're going to lose every game because he's not playing. 10-12mins a night.

WhoahNow

WhatsApp lead the way
Sep 7, 2011
Create a #6 D controversy to distract everyone from the lack of top 6 forwards that were acquired this summer?

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
The overreaction here is just crazy.
Honka has at no point, been solid at the NHL, but suddenly we're going to lose every game because he's not playing. 10-12mins a night.

He is better than Carrick and Polak however, and that is the reason for the reaction.

If it was Honka - Carrick or Honka - Polak no one would care. But having Honka who has played really well in the preseason, sitting to a player who has been with the team for two days after almost going on waivers is stupid.

Reactions: Kcb12345

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
He is better than Carrick and Polak however, and that is the reason for the reaction.

If it was Honka - Carrick or Honka - Polak no one would care. But having Honka who has played really well in the preseason, sitting to a player who has been with the team for two days after almost going on waivers is stupid.
Waivers on a different team.
Kind of like how Elie is garbage to us, but Buffalo thought he was useful.
You think he's better than Carrick, you think he's better than Polak, and at everything on one side of the red line he is significantly so, on his side of the red line, he's behind both significantly.
Clearly the coaching staff feels the amount he's ahead in the offensive zone, doesn't outweigh the amount behind he is in the defensive zone.
But you people would think that we just sat Klingberg 2.0 or Miro for Some inept garbage, or Seguin for Shore or Ritchie, with the way you are crying over this.

I don't like Polak and would personally rather have Honka in as well, but its a spot that is 10-12mins a game, and they want someone that can kill penalties as they have plenty of d-men for the PP with Miro and Lindell anchoring the 2nd pairing

hairylikebear

///////////////
Apr 30, 2009
Houston
Honka is not the team’s savior, but good, tactical coaching would be if they could finally get it. We’ll have to see the style they adopt when the game starts. Hopefully Monty isn’t married to whatever he considers the perfect system and actually adapts to his roster and his opponent. That would be a breath of fresh air after last year.

Robert Kentwood

Sep 11, 2018
Honka is better than Polak. We aren't icing the best players available. It's simple, and no justification for it.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Anyone is better than Polak defensively as long as they can skate and pass decently. Polak is only good for physical play

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
I hope FSSW actually airs the team introduction/pregame introduction rather than having Razor spew some stupid bullshit out of his mouth while it goes on in the background.

Reactions: SniperHF

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad