GDT: 1/9/18 - 7:30PM EDT - Carolina vs Tampa Bay

rangerrat

Jan 3, 2010
I didn't realize that Stralman and Girardi were tied in points, I figured the amount of time and the long shifts Stralman plays he would be miles ahead??

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
that looked like a cross check by Johnson but luckily refs didn't see it :D
Nice deflection by TJ and nice to see him so engaged

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
I didn't realize that Stralman and Girardi were tied in points, I figured the amount of time and the long shifts Stralman plays he would be miles ahead??

I think he heard you and wanted to change that *lol*

Reactions: rangerrat

TropicalFruitGirl2

A Peachy Hockey Gal!
Feb 23, 2013
Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN

Well...Girardi had a spike in offense just recently I believe....not really sustainable for him.... Stralman, meanwhile, is a defense first D-man, but has the underrated ability to go on offense.
At the end of the year, Stralman will end up with the better point totals by quite a bit.

I LOVE Stral's +/- though.
If nothing else, as a D-man, you DON'T want a score to happen while you are on the ice...and you want to facilitate the forwards scoring while you are on.
I think Stralman takes big time pride in that.

rangerrat

Jan 3, 2010
X
Well...Girardi had a spike in offense just recently I believe....not really sustainable for him.... Stralman, meanwhile, is a defense first D-man, but has the underrated ability to go on offense.
At the end of the year, Stralman will end up with the better point totals by quite a bit.

I LOVE Stral's +/- though.
If nothing else, as a D-man, you DON'T want a score to happen while you are on the ice...and you want to facilitate the forwards scoring while you are on.
I think Stralman takes big time pride in that.[/QUOTE. Yes, I agree that Stralman will outpoint Girardi but consider the ice time and long shifts he plays he should. I hope he plays a little tougher in our zone and not floats around because of the length of shift,

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Sooo - hard not to love the effort out there. A couple of uncharacteristic mistakes from Gourde and Stralman both ended up in our net, but we controlled the play. Just clean up a bit and we're fine.

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
Gourde with his worst shift in a Lightning sweater.
lol wut.

He made two good defensive plays, one to poke the puck out when Vlad tried to toe drag at the line, and the other to disrupt a scoring chance with a strong back check. The puck came back into the zone originally on a deflected pass from him, but it happens. He put that puck right onto Point's stick too.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
lol wut.

He made two good defensive plays, one to poke the puck out when Vlad tried to toe drag at the line, and the other to disrupt a scoring chance with a strong back check. The puck came back into the zone originally on a deflected pass from him, but it happens. He put that puck right onto Point's stick too.
He had two turnovers that shift - one leading to a goal. He did have a good backcheck on the shift as well.

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
I actually kind of like what Callahan was doing there. There was room if he could have hit it. He was boxed out pretty good so try something.

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
He had two turnovers that shift - one leading to a goal. He did have a good backcheck on the shift as well.
Again, it was off a skate and went cross ice. Not something a coach would get on you for. The second will be Point's turnover.

I wouldn't classify that as a bad shift at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad